1.    #1  
    Sports Illustrated Expose

If true, and is seems solid evidence is layed out, his 73 homerun season should be wiped out. It may be legally the suspect drug wasn't illegal at the time of his record. This may explain why he has been such a jacka$s to the media over the years.

Certainly no proof, but here is some before and after the suspected drugs.

Pirates

Giants
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    It may be legally the suspect drug wasn't illegal at the time of his record.

I may be wrong, but though not illegal in baseball, wasn't it still illegal in the U.S. at the time?
    Holy crap. I can't believe all the different drugs Bonds was (allegedly) taking. Wow.

I always thought he might have been on steriods (especially when you see the before and after pics) but that article seemed pretty damaging.

What might be even sadder is the fact that baseball won't do anything about it. :-(
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Well you could knock me over with a feather. I mean, he doesn't look like he uses drugs...
    My favorite was that he was taking COW steroids! That's right...MOOOOO - Cow steroids!
    Worse yet, it alleges he committed adultery.

Cheating in baseball?
    Cheating on your wife?
    Who cares, he's a jerk! This is a good example of "what comes around, goes around". The ironic thing is that he was a really good player before hitting the juice, estrogen, and cow 'roids. This guy was into some very heavy stuff.
    oh, you guys are talking about barry... For a minute there I was worried it was Bond, James Bond.

Being somewhat a SF native, I never really cared much for him or the Giants. Go Dodgers...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Who cares, he's a jerk!
    I am more worried about how all his homeruns will be counted and the 'hit' that baseball will take. It's one thing for him to allegedly be taking steroids but another if there is actual proof/documentation.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The bad thing is that he may be caught, but how many are doing the same thing and no one knows, or at least no one says anything. Not just in baseball but all sports, how do you think some of those linebackers get so big???
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Well you could knock me over with a feather. I mean, he doesn't look like he uses drugs...
    great response
    The thing with Bonds is that he has made no friends. Forget that he hasn't tested positive - the visual evidence is obvious if you know anything about steroids and now people are coming out with first hand knowledge of his useage.

No one wants to see Maguire, Pudge, Sosa go down because they are good guys. How many people say Kirk Gibson was a cheat with, possibly, the most famous home run of all time? No one disputes he had been given something (cortizone I think) to make it to the plate. If you want to put an * by a stat, you really need to do it there. Gibson's hit was 100% drug aided. But he was seen as heroic. Why? Because he wasn't an a$$ like Bonds. Barry is getting his due and it's all self inflicted. I have no sympathy for him.

As far as his stats, I don't know what you can do about them. All anyone can do is keep him out of the Hall of Fame. The big problem becomes if he breaks the HR record this year. The Giants need to get rid of him so it's a non-issue. Maybe his knee won't hold up and he'll have to retire. That would be the best solution.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    like markY said earlier here, if he had been a good guy to other people, he wouldn't have been the target he is today. his stats are tarnished and there's nothing he can do about it now.