1.    #1  
    Do these PCMCIA data cards that T-Mobile and other places let you buy just basically give your PC use of GPRS/wifi/Edge? I have tmobile and I'm wondering what internet/data package you need to have to use one, I have internet on my treo right now, but would love to use one of these cards on my Vaio, it weighs only 3.1lbs so its portable enough to get use out of such a card when I'm no where near a connection. Anyone use one and can shed some light?

J
    Not sure how the T-Mo cards work, but my boss has a Verison wireless card and can get an internet connection anywhere he finds the network. The other day, heading down the freeway at 75 mph, he was watching his SlingBox and checking his stocks in the passenger seat. Its a damn cool solution, but fairly expensive. I do know that he looked into the T-Mo version, and found it lacking so moved his phone to Verizon so he could get this service.

I'm thinking of going this route and just getting a really good phone, but as always there are tradeoffs. However, we use Desktop Redirector, and having EvDo connection with a laptop just about everywhere would be pretty nice. Its just a much more pricey option.
    When I had to prepare a report of the these options for Corp...I found Sprint to have the best pricing. Sprint also offers EVDO. It is really cool to have if the need justifies the cost.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxsoulja3
    Do these PCMCIA data cards that T-Mobile and other places let you buy just basically give your PC use of GPRS/wifi/Edge? I have tmobile and I'm wondering what internet/data package you need to have to use one, I have internet on my treo right now, but would love to use one of these cards on my Vaio, it weighs only 3.1lbs so its portable enough to get use out of such a card when I'm no where near a connection. Anyone use one and can shed some light?

J
    Have the EDVO card via sprint works great anywhere Sprint is available , Plan wise $59.99 unlimited less 20% co. Disc with Free card

Using it on a IBM 41T (tablet PC) weighs 3.5lbs makes it a great large PDA.
    You can use the same internet plans for your Treo on your PC Card. I use a GC 82 occasionally. I use the same APN as my Treo would.
    -- Go Illini!