Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    awinsburg; thanks for your insight...last year I jumped into the Palm community head first. A year later and a year wiser; my advice is just to read, read, and read some more and post only until you've exhausted your resources.

Regardless of your opinion of certain individuals on these forums, I personally credit and thank the entire TC user group for my current success and working knowledge of my 650.

We're here to help....but we're also all here to drive our knowledge ahead...way beyond the basics. Hope that helps....

Dale

...sorry OP...I'll get back on topic.

Running James' 1.20 w/ FastBlazer, SMS, FAT32, VersaMail, No Real/Tutorials. Had some random reboots but just did a hard-reset and manually installed and configured all my apps. Things are running once again stable....thanks to you guys and some patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by awinsberg
    For the record, my name is Alex.

So, here is the thing. For those of you whom are regular users, perhaps your humor and fun seems fine because you are used to it. For those of us who are not regular users, a bit of your humor and fun comes off as bullyish and nasty. Especially how newbies are treated. I'd dig up some examples, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

I can understand the rants with mgauss. He asks for what he gets, and deserves it. You do have a comfortable little community here, and the concept I am trying to point out to you is that sometimes there is a segment of you who are just plain a$$holes to people who you don't know, who aren't as familiar with their device as you are, or who don't have the conviction to POS that you do. I don't mean to say Muck is an a$$, or anyone else, its just a general observation I noticed way back when and that still exists two years later. And that tends to drive otherwise devout Palm users away.

I guess its not really different that the real wold. There are always a$$holes around, and there will be some here too. While I don't think you have to hand out lollypops and kiss the feet of new users, I do think a little less beration would go a long way.

As for paranoia, I'm not paranoid nor do a wear a tin hat (but that was funny). I just really like all the information on this site but can't stand how nasty it can get on here sometimes for those that aren't everyday posters. Since what I want to do is get a Treo 650 to replace my 600, I was hoping things might have changed a little around here.
    Hello Alex. TreoCentral is a microcosm of society in general; get used to it. I'm a n00b myself(even though I've lurked 'round these parts for quite some time), and I've yet to experience any animosity because of my 'n00b' status. If you let the people here deter you from buying a 650 simply because of their attitudes, then you truly are delusional, and you're denying yourself a great device for a silly reason.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I almost forgot! My Treo is still doing fine. Just thought you might like to know
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    FWIW, I agree with most of what Alex said. I love this site and visit daily, but people are little too quick to shout "search before you ask, ya stoopid noob!" What a lot of people may not realize is that while certain topics have been discussed ad nauseum, there's always new perpectives as devices and software change. Is pointing someone to a one year old thread about BT headsets really valid today? Maybe it's time to look at some of these things with fresh eyes.

And by the way, my Treo is doing fine. Just thought you should know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin
    FWIW, I agree with most of what Alex said. I love this site and visit daily, but people are little too quick to shout "search before you ask, ya stoopid noob!" What a lot of people may not realize is that while certain topics have been discussed ad nauseum, there's always new perpectives as devices and software change. Is pointing someone to a one year old thread about BT headsets really valid today? Maybe it's time to look at some of these things with fresh eyes.
    That is my my whole point. This is a fantastic community, but sometimes it can be hard to deal with if you don't really yet know what you are capable of doing with your phone. That said, I'm done talking about it.
    My trouble free Sprint/T650 is fine for the moment. But I think it may puke at any minute from the complainers hijacking this thread........

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by awinsberg
    I'm done talking about it.
    Thanks! Now we can get back to being idiots

And my Treo is still doing fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    And my Treo is still doing fine!
    Hey, mine too! What are the chances?
  9.    #229  
    Ladies And Gentlemen, we interrupt this thread to bring breaking news. From the floor of the House of Representatives, we go live to teH Munk in Chief.

"Thank you. Distinguished guests of TC, I am here today to tell you, that the state of the Treo is STRONG!"

Just thought you should know!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    A word from a n00b, the little hunk of gleaming shiny metal is doing just great, whether you wanted to know or not.
    Hi Alex!

Some of us love NOOB questions.. . . . for that is our level of expertise!

I am POWER NOOB !! (I so named myself in another thread.)

OBTWMTIDFJTTYWWTK

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Ladies And Gentlemen, we interrupt this thread to bring breaking news. From the floor of the House of Representatives, we go live to teH Munk in Chief.

"Thank you. Distinguished guests of TC, I am here today to tell you, that the state of the Treo is STRONG!"

Just thought you should know!

Hahaha...maybe we should declare a war on Windows Mobile?
    I keep forgetting!

My Treo's still doing fine
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    It's rare that newbies are slammed for being newbies. Usually, lazy newbies are slammed for being lazy newbies.
    • If existing threads aren't quite what you're looking for, great - post a new one.
    • If they're too old to still be relevant (excellent point about a year-old BT headset thread, [edit:]Jeff), post away.
    • If they're almost impossible to find if you don't know which key words to search for (try finding info on the headset/headphone impedance "feature" if you don't know to search for "impedance"), go for it.

If, on the other hand, I can find that the info the lazy n00b is looking for in less than 3 minutes and I don't even own the same device (like in this thread), the lazy n00b is fair game. He'll either learn to do his part or he'll go away. Either is fine by me.

Oh, BTW, my Treo has been doing fine since 4:11 pm on 3/3/06, when I momentarily forgot that Agendus 9 is a buggy pile of Munk poo.

PS: Shannon, your new avatar is way too distracting (not that I'm complaining)!
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Hahaha...maybe we should declare a war on Windows Mobile?
    The CIA has been subcontracted by Palm and is at this moment manufacturing evidence that Saddam Hussien used a Windows Mobile phone, with software stolen from Jack Bauer's Treo and reverse engineered for Windows Mobile, to launch terrorist attacks.
    Now that we got way....my 600 works fine until I get voicemail. Then, its reset time.
    This is a thread in the 650 forum. Please stay on topic

BTW, Treo doin just find making its way across country
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    let's go over to the 600 forum and tell 'em that the 650's are doing fine!
    btw...it's just fine.
    my 650 that is. I only need about 300 more posts! Let's keep it up! Except for the...you know...that we could do without.
    My 650 runs so much better than 600. It is running just fine.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS