Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin
    You expect a point? You are new here, aren't you?
    Not new at all, in fact. I've seen this stuff before, and while I can understand this sort of treatment for someone like mgauss, I don't get it when its targeted at others who try to ask legitimate questions or point out legitimate issues with their Palms.

So, I'm still wondering from those who started this here thread, what was the point in starting it? Its a pretty straight forward question, really.
    Just did a fresh sync with my computer at work so I can start syncing and working on things at work as well as home...Treo didn't crash and it only took 15 minutes for the first BT sync
    Quote Originally Posted by awinsberg
    Not new at all, in fact. I've seen this stuff before, and while I can understand this sort of treatment for someone like mgauss, I don't get it when its targeted at others who try to ask legitimate questions or point out legitimate issues with their Palms.

So, I'm still wondering from those who started this here thread, what was the point in starting it? Its a pretty straight forward question, really.
    If you aren't new, you would understand the meaning of the topic/thread...

Bluetooth and cable hotsyncing are working well for me. BTW, my Treo is doing fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfart
    It's great to hear that some are satisfied... I doubt they are power users though.
    Who you calling a non power user?

And Little Billy the Treo 650 that could is still just peachy

You're obviously a key reason as to how this thread came about, but I hardly think anyone's attacking you, nor do I think this thread was started out of spite for you. I - or just about anyone else for that matter - could have been in that same exact convo with Jeff, and this thread most likely would've still came about. It's nothing personal, and it's all in good fun. Lighten up.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    More important, ShannonElements, how is your Treo doing?
    By the way, my Treo is still doing just fine...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    You're obviously a key reason as to how this thread came about, but I hardly think anyone's attacking you, nor do I think this thread was started out of spite for you. I - or just about anyone else for that matter - could have been in that same exact convo with Jeff, and this thread most likely would've still came about. It's nothing personal, and it's all in good fun. Lighten up.
    It may be in good fun, but when a conversation you are in is quoted in the header for the thread, and a post you're involved in is linked in the body of the thread, its hard not to feel a little bit targeted. Also, the truth is that I've seen people who come to this site with innocent, albeit basic and often asked questions, run off as a newbie and generally harassed. Further, putting aside mguass and the like (yes, I remember all the attacks my mgauss on the 600 and 650 that go way back), I'm seen some pretty defensive and harassing posts against people who come in questioning POS5 or Treos or Palm.

MY point is to address this very issue, because I left this site for a long time because what I always referred to as the 'chosen few' are so quick to jump on any point of view that seems to attack Palm or its products despite the fact they themselves have certain gripes about what is mostly a pretty good product.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    It may be in good fun, but when a conversation you are in is quoted in the header for the thread, and a post you're involved in is linked in the body of the thread, its hard not to feel a little bit targeted. Also, the truth is that I've seen people who come to this site with innocent, albeit basic and often asked questions, run off as a newbie and generally harassed. Further, putting aside mguass and the like (yes, I remember all the attacks my mgauss on the 600 and 650 that go way back), I'm seen some pretty defensive and harassing posts against people who come in questioning POS5 or Treos or Palm.

MY point is to address this very issue, because I left this site for a long time because what I always referred to as the 'chosen few' are so quick to jump on any point of view that seems to attack Palm or its products despite the fact they themselves have certain gripes about what is mostly a pretty good product.
    Good points.

BTW, my treo is doing fine, I was busy for a couple of hours and was not sure until I looked at it.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Its been my experience that most people on this site are willing to help out and are often very happy to help a fellow Treo user. I have seen though there are some people who cause problems, and there are people who attack noobs for posting already answered questions. Its been my experience that most sites that are like being at a club in person, everyone has their own different attitudes and such. I think we all respect each other, and I think we all just like to have fun sometimes, so I don't think that the thread is aimed to demean you, awinsberg, but for a good laugh.

Oh yea, Treo running fine, at 5:26 on Wednesday afternoon!
    I tried the search function, but couldn't find anything. Is there somewhere I can go to find out how other people's Treos are performing? By the way, my Treo is doing fine! (Just thought you might want to know)

Last edited by mthaworth; 03/08/2006 at 04:43 PM.
    all fine here.... A reset every 2 weeks or so but none lately.

Resco backs up every night automatically just in case...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    It may be in good fun, but when a conversation you are in is quoted in the header for the thread, and a post you're involved in is linked in the body of the thread, its hard not to feel a little bit targeted.
    With all due respect, the title of this thread may be quoted from a convo you were in, but it isn't "awinsberg is a retard" or anything. And in Perry linking to your and Jeff's convo, he was only showing how this thread came about - not subtley pointing out to everyone who's being mocked. Like I said before, anyone could have been in that convo with Jeff and this thread probably would've still came about. It's merely coincidental that it was YOU who was in the convo, however. Relax

Oh yeah, my Treo's still doing fine

The point in starting it really had nothing to do with you. In a post that was addressed to you, I pointed out that no one posts in a message board, and I quote, "Still doing fine! Just thought you should know!"

Munk, as Munks often do, decided to take that statement literally and prove me wrong. So he started a thread saying exactly that, all in good fun. And, as is often the case here at TC (like you, awinsberg, I suspect I've lurked here far, far longer than my post count might lead one to believe), where Munk goes, others follow. We're all having fun, but none of it is mean-spirited and none of it is directed at you specifically.

Have to admit, though, it is refreshing to get away from the complaints and be reminded that on the whole, Treos work pretty darn well. And in case you were wondering, my Treo is still doing fine.

Even after freeing up 17MB so I could install Goodlink. I have 6MB free now.
  16.    #216  
    Just woke up, and got out of the shower...and by gum, my Treo is doing fine!!!

I created this thread. Let me say, I don't know you, nor do I care who you are. If you can't figure out why the thread was created, then there's nothing to say. Obviously you are a paranoid/delusional. JK made the comment that "People using trouble-free Treos aren't going to stop what they're doing and post, "Still doing fine! Just thought you should know!"

Fine, I'll be the one to do it. If anyone has a reason to feel "picked on", it would be Jeff, NOT YOU, since it was his comment. But he seems to know it's nothing personal.

This thread has nothing to do with making fun of someone I've never even heard of, or could even remember a post from (until now.) Nor is it about making fun of JK. Nor is it even about bumping post count. Everyday, we all know someone starts a new thread with a problem. Sometimes a new one, oft times something old. As JK pointed out, it's rare people post that things are going great. Well, here's everyones chance.

It is what it is. Merely a thread to say "My Treo is Still doing fine! Just thought you should know!"

So please, stay on topic!

If you're delusional enough still to think it's all about you, please, go into the kitchen, and put another layer of foil on your hat, and beware of black helicopters.

Oh btw everyone, even after my long (and totally uneeded) explanation of the reason for this thread, my Treo is doing fine!
    Last edited by Insertion; 03/08/2006 at 05:17 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Back from road trip to Comp USA.....My trouble free Sprint/T650 was well behaved and is doing fine......

Chuck
    wow.

I just read this whole thread. Still lol.

(my treo is contentedly flashing her little green LED as usual--she is fine)

yes, she.....
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    For the record, my name is Alex.

So, here is the thing. For those of you whom are regular users, perhaps your humor and fun seems fine because you are used to it. For those of us who are not regular users, a bit of your humor and fun comes off as bullyish and nasty. Especially how newbies are treated. I'd dig up some examples, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

I can understand the rants with mgauss. He asks for what he gets, and deserves it. You do have a comfortable little community here, and the concept I am trying to point out to you is that sometimes there is a segment of you who are just plain a$$holes to people who you don't know, who aren't as familiar with their device as you are, or who don't have the conviction to POS that you do. I don't mean to say Muck is an a$$, or anyone else, its just a general observation I noticed way back when and that still exists two years later. And that tends to drive otherwise devout Palm users away.

I guess its not really different that the real wold. There are always a$$holes around, and there will be some here too. While I don't think you have to hand out lollypops and kiss the feet of new users, I do think a little less beration would go a long way.

As for paranoia, I'm not paranoid nor do a wear a tin hat (but that was funny). I just really like all the information on this site but can't stand how nasty it can get on here sometimes for those that aren't everyday posters. Since what I want to do is get a Treo 650 to replace my 600, I was hoping things might have changed a little around here.
    Now that we got way....my 600 works fine until I get voicemail. Then, its reset time.