1.    #1  
    Actor Don Knotts dies at 81.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11566794/

Lot's of memories from the Andy Griffith show and Three's Company....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Yeah, I really remember him from Andy Griffith. :-(
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Goodbye to true entertainer. He was never a big "star" but his acting/voice career spanned over 50 years after serving in the Army in WWII. A good long life by anyone's measure.
    Darren McGavin died too. I enjoyed him as the father who was so proud of getting a lamp made to look like a woman's leg in "A Christmas Story". And, as a kid, I really looked forward to "The Night Stalker" series. He was another actor, like Knotts, who was not a "star" but a good, solid actor with an impressive body of work. He was 83.

Well, enough of the sentimentalities. He was number two, who will be three?
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Goodbye to true entertainer. He was never a big "star" but his acting/voice career spanned over 50 years after serving in the Army in WWII. A good long life by anyone's measure.

When he was in Three's Company, my friends thought of him as sort of a big star. I thought he was REALLY funny!!

May he rest in peace.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    When he was in Three's Company, my friends thought of him as sort of a big star. I thought he was REALLY funny!!

May he rest in peace.
    He came in after the Ropers spun off. Right around the same time Suzanne Somers head started to grow bigger than her breasticles...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I remember as a kid loving the movie.....

The Incredible Mr. Limpet
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I remember as a kid loving the movie.....

The Incredible Mr. Limpet
    GREAT movie.

A truly entertaining man has been lost. Sad.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    He came in after the Ropers spun off. Right around the same time Suzanne Somers head started to grow bigger than her breasticles...
    Yeah, that head of hers certainly became huge...but being amidst the onset of puberty, I never even noticed she HAD a head....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Darren McGavin died too. I enjoyed him as the father who was so proud of getting a lamp made to look like a woman's leg in "A Christmas Story". And, as a kid, I really looked forward to "The Night Stalker" series. He was another actor, like Knotts, who was not a "star" but a good, solid actor with an impressive body of work. He was 83.

Well, enough of the sentimentalities. He was number two, who will be three?
    Two individuals who made me laugh. May they rest in peace with a bullet in their pocket and leg lamp in their window.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Deputy Barney Fife with one bullet in his left breast pocket. I remember the episode where things got bad in Mayberry...a hardened criminal had escaped from a prison and was believed to be in the area. Andy told Barney to load his round....HILARIOUS!
    And the final shoe has fallen:

Dennis Weaver
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    And the final shoe has fallen:

Dennis Weaver
    Oh man, McCloud! Say it ain't so.

Kinda weird both he and Don Knotts were 81 and died within 2 days of each other. Anyway, that's three. At least they all lived good long lives.