Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Yes. When you're one heartbeat away from being the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet. And btw, shooting someone in the face is not a 'day-to-day' life event.

Again, I'll also point out that it was the lack of issueing a timely statement that made it more than the accident it was.
    What do you consider timely?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    What do you consider timely?
    I would say the minute I had an initial report from an ER doctor on the victims status, since in this situation, the ER Doctor would have stated that as "stable and not life threatening".

There Ya go. Would have been a blip on the radar.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I would say the minute I had an initial report from an ER doctor on the victims status, since in this situation, the ER Doctor would have stated that as "stable and not life threatening".

I would say that would be too soon. An initial report may be completely inaccurate. Remember the patient even had a mild cardiac episode related to the wound a couple of days later. The press was first contacted at 9:00 AM on Sunday. What about basic circumstances surronding the accident itself, the local authorities did not even start an investigation until the following morning.

I think you are looking for ghosts on this issue.

And what if Whittington's wife and family hadn't been contacted yet? Does your need to know outweigh theirs, or is it OK for them to hear that their husband and father is in the hospital with possibly life-threatening wounds on the 11:00 news?

And I still doubt it would've been a "blip on the radar". Instead of the Cheney Conspiracy thread, it would've been the "Is Cheney a murderer?" thread.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    And what if Whittington's wife and family hadn't been contacted yet? Does your need to know outweigh theirs, or is it OK for them to hear that their husband and father is in the hospital with possibly life-threatening wounds on the 11:00 news?

And I still doubt it would've been a "blip on the radar". Instead of the Cheney Conspiracy thread, it would've been the "Is Cheney a murderer?" thread.
    If if if. Come on.

6.    #26  
    No, he's the Vice Prez and an accident like that should have been reported to the public. It's that simple and had the vice prez office done so, THEN it would have been a non-story.
    He did report it, but just not on the time schedule that the rabid, salivating, hate-spewing left who has a major death-wish for anything Bush wanted. Pure and simple, this tempest in a teapot is all political partisanship.

Now I'm sorry I brought it up.
    I think you are looking for ghosts on this issue.
    Nope, AGAIN I'LL SAY, taken by itself, I would agree it appears blown out of proportion. GIVEN the secretive/closed/arrogant history of this administration made it more than it needed to be.
    If if if. Come on.

Answer the question, does your need to know outweigh his family's need to know?

I honestly don't know what the libs are so up in arms about.
    I'm back!
    I honestly don't know what the libs are so up in arms about.
    repeating one last time: GIVEN the secretive/closed/arrogant history of this administration made it more than it needed to be.
    repeating one last time: GIVEN the secretive/closed/arrogant history of this administration made it more than it needed to be.
    So we're in agreement.

It's much ado about nothing.
    I'm back!
    So we're in agreement.

It's much ado about nothing.
    The ado is about cheney's delay not the accident.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Nope, AGAIN I'LL SAY, taken by itself, I would agree it appears blown out of proportion. GIVEN the secretive/closed/arrogant history of this administration made it more than it needed to be.
    No, this is what those who want to say the administration is secretive/closed/arrogant look for as an excuse. The media was contacted within 15 hours of the accident. Wow, big secret, let's hide it for at least 12 hours so no one will know. Be realistic, the white house press corp did not get the story first so they cry about it. It even makes headlines if the president does not call on a certain reporter during a briefing, oh poor, poor me the president did not call on me, how dare he not call on me, does'nt he know I have been a white house press reporter for 198 years. Get over it already.
  13.    #33  
    Get over it already.
    Some people clearly have a problem with this, Cardio...
    Well, all I know is I would rather go hunting with **** Cheney than go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy. :-)
    3x5cards, 2cans, string->Pilot->Palm V-> Palm Vx-> Sony SJ30(a weak moment on ebay)->TungstenT-> Treo600-> Treo650-> Treo700p-> Treo755p
    Quote Originally Posted by markatdvcrc
    Well, all I know is I would rather go hunting with **** Cheney than go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy. :-)
    I don't think Ted does his own driving anymore (I could be wrong though, and am currently too lazy to go research this).

So, if I am correct...you'd rather be shot in the face than chaufferred around? Interesting.

If I'm wrong, well....sue me.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I don't think Ted does his own driving anymore (I could be wrong though, and am currently too lazy to go research this).

So, if I am correct...you'd rather be shot in the face than chaufferred around? Interesting.

If I'm wrong, well....sue me.
    Can Ted even fit behind the wheel of a car anymore? Probably a good thing too, since I don't think he's been sober since...ever
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    No, this is what those who want to say the administration is secretive/closed/arrogant look for as an excuse. The media was contacted within 15 hours of the accident. Wow, big secret, let's hide it for at least 12 hours so no one will know. Be realistic, the white house press corp did not get the story first so they cry about it.
    All this is probably true, however, the VP didn't do anyone a favor by not coming out about it himself (or through his press secretary).

In fact, if they asked me , I would have told them to report what they knew, even if it wasnt all that much, and then update them later when more facts were known. (Media stations do that all the time, if we had to wait until we knew each and every fact, we might ever get the news out )
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Can Ted even fit behind the wheel of a car anymore? Probably a good thing too, since I don't think he's been sober since...ever
    I'm pretty sure he can only fit in the back seat of limos....which conveniently have stocked bars. So for him, that's win-win.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12