Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Look at the slideshow. Good features, but what's up with the design? Look familiar?

http://reviews.cnet.com/Windows_Vist...2.html?tag=nav

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Look at the slideshow. Good features, but what's up with the design? Look familiar?

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

not to be antagonistic, but so what. Macs have always looked great. bout time ms got on board.

(first post w/ppc_6700. weird)

yes this has been said before (many of times by others)

but i had a meeting with Microsoft Canada yesterday for Office 12 and Vista, and they both look pretty cool...its all about security
    So what? Unless you own Apple, why would anyone care? I own an Apple laptop and Windows PC. Both serve their purpose. The annoying thing about Apple is so many programs are not compatible. Vista will have bugs, but will be a homerun. The coolest part of vista will be the media feature.

5.    #5  
    How about because of ORIGINALITY?! What's wrong with MSFT? They couldn't come up with anything but a copycat design? Imitation may be flattery but it also makes you look like you don't have anything of your own to offer!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Because I am the consumer and I have had to purchase two systems to get the best of both worlds. i.e. Windows is compatible with most everything, Apple is more reliable. Vista may take care of both and I'll get rid of Apple. This is purely a selfish consumer opinion. Many Apple fanatics will be upset with Vista. Apple fanatics should take their energy and convert it to b!tching at Apple for not staying competitive with software.

How about because of ORIGINALITY?! What's wrong with MSFT? They couldn't come up with anything but a copycat design?
    How about because of ORIGINALITY?! What's wrong with MSFT? They couldn't come up with anything but a copycat design? Imitation may be flattery but it also makes you look like you don't have anything of your own to offer!
    What was the last Original MSFT product? Bob?

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    It's only the DESIGN I'm not happy with, I said nothing about software. This isn't a Windows OS vs. Mac OS argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Because I am the consumer and I have had to purchase two systems to get the best of both worlds. i.e. Windows is compatible with most everything, Apple is more reliable. Vista may take care of both and I'll get rid of Apple.
    No. Windows is compatable with Windows. You can't run Aperture, Final Cut or iLife under Windows.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    What was the last Original MSFT product? Bob?

They used their own designs as far as I know. Now they started copying others' designs. Not good.

It's only the DESIGN I'm not happy with, I said nothing about software. This isn't a Windows OS vs. Mac OS argument.
    It looks better than that default Fisher-Price color scheme of XP.

12.    #12  
    I use the silver skin. I don't like the original either.

The problem I've had since being an Apple owner (less than a year now) is the software. I am the minority, but I can't get used to it. I do have Virtual PC to run Windows on Apple, but it is fairly horrible. Slowwww. Anyways, I recently paid $100 for Procare at the local Apple store to once and for all figure out how the hell to get my home videos onto the Apple.

No. Windows is compatable with Windows. You can't run Aperture, Final Cut or iLife under Windows.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Apple should be the last company to complain about companies ripping off their designs and intellectual properties. Maybe we should ask Xerox what they think of that.
    It looks better than that default Fisher-Price color scheme of XP.
    See, I always felt that way about Macs, with that little red-yellow-green stoplight looking thing in the corner of their windows.

Vista will rock (if you have sufficient hardware to run it).
    I'm back!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Apple should be the last company to complain about companies ripping off their designs and intellectual properties. Maybe we should ask Xerox what they think of that.
    They didn't AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $I$ $did$. $And$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $with$ $Apple$.

And if Apple ripped designs or intellectual property off Xerox somehow, I wouldn't like that either. I just am not a fan of stuff like this.

Has anyone here designed websites or graphics, then found their stuff on someone else's site?

And if Apple ripped designs or intellectual property off Xerox somehow, I wouldn't like that either.

They did.

Has anyone here designed websites or graphics, then found their stuff on someone else's site?
    Everyone's ideas came from somewhere. Most likely it wasn't from inside you.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    See, I always felt that way about Macs, with that little red-yellow-green stoplight looking thing in the corner of their windows.

Vista will rock (if you have sufficient hardware to run it).
    in the conference i went to yesterday, they said this will be the first time a graphics card will play a major role (well "major") in the functionality of Vista

Also, multi-languages can be implemented easier (major for us in Canada) so we can be using English and French at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    in the conference i went to yesterday, they said this will be the first time a graphics card will play a major role (well "major") in the functionality of Vista
    Well, right off the bat you already know that if your PC or laptop has integrated graphics, you'll have to turn off the Aero Glass interface, it just won't run. It'll be interesting to see what kind of shakeup that causes in the mobo manufacturers, like Nvidia with their Nforce chipset. You also know that if your PC isn't newer than 6 months old, or isn't a gaming rig, the graphics card probably can't handle Aero Glass in all it's glory, so this should be a boon to graphics card manufacturers.

As a developer, I'm excited to know that from here on out, all Windows applications will have to be managed code, no more unmanaged garbage floating around out there. It's a shame that WinFS didn't make the cut.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Well, right off the bat you already know that if your PC or laptop has integrated graphics, you'll have to turn off the Aero Glass interface, it just won't run. It'll be interesting to see what kind of shakeup that causes in the mobo manufacturers, like Nvidia with their Nforce chipset. You also know that if your PC isn't newer than 6 months old, or isn't a gaming rig, the graphics card probably can't handle Aero Glass in all it's glory, so this should be a boon to graphics card manufacturers.

As a developer, I'm excited to know that from here on out, all Windows applications will have to be managed code, no more unmanaged garbage floating around out there. It's a shame that WinFS didn't make the cut.
    the part i really hate is not from vista, but from office...new file extensions (4 letters instead of 3)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast