Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Curse you all! I saw the title and number of replies and got excited for a second.

Nino = suckered again.
    I can't believe this thread made it to four pages.

I just contributed to it didn't I??

SMH...carry on
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Please stay on point.

Wait a second, there is no point.

Nevermind.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    700p: with windows or Palm OS?
    High resolution screen?
    EVDO?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I wonder how the phrase "spill the beans" came about. What is it about spilling beans that equates to revealing secrets?
    When votes were taken in Greece, white beans indicated positive votes and black beans negative. Votes had to be unanimous, so if the collector 'spilled the beans' before the vote was complete and a black bean was seen, the vote was halted.
    I was at the Sprint store today (the one directly across the street from Sprint's World HQ) to get my T600 replaced. One of the two women at the reception desk told me that with the current Sprint ad (Treo 650 for $99) I could get the same deal even without adding a line. I questioned the comment and the other woman said that since I have had my 600 for 2-1/2 years and am not currently under a contract my net would be $99. (which I thought was only if you add a line). They told me that Sprint is having a "fire sale" to clear out the 650's for the 700p. "That hasn't been announced yet though" I commented. "It's all over the internet, and our inventory will be here April 1st, but I'll check" she said. She walked over to a terminal and punched up an inventory number journal (or whatever they call it) and right on the screen I read t700p anticipated stock date 4/1/06.

I know there is no way to know if that was real or wishful thinking but it sure looked legit to me. There is so much misinformation at the Sprint stores who knows.

My $.02
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteWill
    I was at the Sprint store today (the one directly across the street from Sprint's World HQ) to get my T600 replaced. One of the two women at the reception desk told me that with the current Sprint ad (Treo 650 for $99) I could get the same deal even without adding a line. I questioned the comment and the other woman said that since I have had my 600 for 2-1/2 years and am not currently under a contract my net would be $99. (which I thought was only if you add a line). They told me that Sprint is having a "fire sale" to clear out the 650's for the 700p. "That hasn't been announced yet though" I commented. "It's all over the internet, and our inventory will be here April 1st, but I'll check" she said. She walked over to a terminal and punched up an inventory number journal (or whatever they call it) and right on the screen I read t700p anticipated stock date 3/1/06.

I no there is no way to know if that was real or wishful thinking but it sure looked legit to me. There is so much misinformation at the Sprint stores who knows.

My $.02
    OK, which is inventory here April 1st or stock date of 3/1/06 (March 1st)?

What is that smell........it smells kinda fishy
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    OK, which is inventory here April 1st or stock date of 3/1/06 (March 1st)?

What is that smell........it smells kinda fishy

Sorry, I typoed on my 600 and before I could fix it you replied. WOW
    I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with Canadian Terrorism?

Ooops, sorry, my bad. Perry?
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with Canadian Terrorism?

Ooops, sorry, my bad. Perry?
    Too funny
    April Fools Day, eh?

Be still, my heart.

Cheers, Perry.
    Over the weekend, I had a little chit chat with a Palm rep at the Palm Store (over at Westfield Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara, CA) and asked about the 700p. He said that it won't be out until the end of the year because the 700w first has to come out for the rest of the carriers, then the Hollywood version coming in the summer, and the 700p coming in towards the end of the year. He also mentioned about the rumors going on about the 700p on the web and he said that there's no way the 700p will be out within the next two months.

I just left the store thinking this guy was clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    When votes were taken in Greece, white beans indicated positive votes and black beans negative. Votes had to be unanimous, so if the collector 'spilled the beans' before the vote was complete and a black bean was seen, the vote was halted.
    Not only has this site enriched my Treo experience, it's made me a more formidable Jeopardy player as well Thanks!
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    *sigh* The 700p...the official 'white whale' of the Treo community...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    I just left the store thinking this guy was clueless.

I would encourage you to trust your thoughts. I am relatively positive that all the reps at the Palm Stores are clueless. Especially compared to the information (most) that we get from people in the forum here!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I saw Sasquatch once. I swear it!
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith
    I saw Sasquatch once. I swear it!
    That's nothing. I once saw Sasquatch making a phone call with a 700p! He then took a picture of ME with the included 10 megapixel camera, and then sent the picture to the Abominable Snowman over wi-fi! Interestingly enough, I wasn't at all surprised that he happened to be at a Starbucks in the middle of nowhere...
    <moving to OT for obvious reasons...>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    <moving to OT for obvious reasons...>
    Party pooper

Any idea as to how my number of posts just went down by 20
    Here's a question: if I were to start a thread about basketball in the 'Off Topic' section, but everyone who replied talked about the 700p, would the thread be moved to the 'Future Treos' section? Because that's pretty much what happened here...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast