1.    #1  
    The most amazing thread i've ever seen: My first ever post and i felt like i'd stepped into the twilight zone...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=98853
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiacus
    The most amazing thread i've ever seen: My first ever post and i felt like i'd stepped into the twilight zone...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=98853
    Why bring this thread back to life? Are you trying to increase your post count?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Your first post makes it appear as though you are someone who is seeking help with a common annoyance but using a bit of sarcasm to liven it up. People are here to help each other as much as they enjoy a good chuckle. The problem I see here is that (1) you didn't post in "off topic" where a post like that belongs if you do not "need" anything more than mere attention. And (2) you don't seem to appreciate the fact that people are actually trying to help you, while your crying wolf for your own pleasure.

Respect this place if you want it to respect you.
    <<Sources say upon ending his rampage, he looked around, grinned sheepishly and said "uhh, woops, sorry" before slinking off.>>

Does that mean that this person is very "Slinky"????
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  5.    #5  
    OMG you guys cannot be serious.

1. It was a genuine request for help spiced with a little humor.
    2. It's "okay" to post such a post in an on-topic forum.. It wasn't an "offtopic" post, but an "ontopic" post with a little humor.
    3. I certainly did appreciate the help i got. As evidenced in the final post of the thread.

Normal people use humor all the time. Presidents use it in speeches, potential CEO's interviewing for 6 figure positions, even attorneys arguing before a judge. Normal people don't respond to humor by calling someone a "loser" and slamming the door in their face.

What a welcome...

Perhaps the simple fact is, this place is comprised of people who are "wired" just a little differently from what is normal. I thought the stereotypes of "techies" who couldn't "get" a joke that didn't have a punchline about a "megabyte" or "bad RAM" were always over the top and largely unjustified... But reading the thread again i realized that several of the people responding honestly thought i was about to go commit some horrific deed against a helpless animal... Perhaps the stereotype is justified.
    Last edited by Antiacus; 02/21/2006 at 03:41 PM.
    Blather, blather, grumble, grumble......

<yawn>

There is a time and place for everything and a matter of degree to which things can be expressed. Believe me, no one here is as uptight as you make them out to be. We're all a giant bag-o-mixed-nutz.

I personally found your posts quite humorous. However, me being me, I would have expected exactly the type of replies you received. Ya gotta feel a group out before you use a certain form of banter.

That being said.... I eat glue and feeble minded humans.

Take care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiacus
    OMG you guys cannot be serious.

1. It was a genuine request for help spiced with a little humor.
    2. It's "okay" to post such a post in an on-topic forum.. It wasn't an "offtopic" post, but an "ontopic" post with a little humor.
    3. I certainly did appreciate the help i got. As evidenced in the final post of the thread.

Normal people use humor all the time. Presidents use it in speeches, potential CEO's interviewing for 6 figure positions, even attorneys arguing before a judge. Normal people don't respond to humor by calling someone a "loser" and slamming the door in their face.

What a welcome...

Perhaps the simple fact is, this place is comprised of people who are "wired" just a little differently from what is normal. I thought the stereotypes of "techies" who couldn't "get" a joke that didn't have a punchline about a "megabyte" or "bad RAM" were always over the top and largely unjustified... But reading the thread again i realized that several of the people responding honestly thought i was about to go commit some horrific deed against a helpless animal... Perhaps the stereotype is justified.
    Nah, you're probably dealing with the same crosssection of society as any other group. And in those groups, there are a few people who would reply to the statements you made in the same way. Sorry you didn't get a Welcome Wagon basket, but welcome anyway.
    Oh yea, sorry bout that here you go:
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww. That's nice. Did Ya put that together yourself Martha?

Oh yes, I learned many crafts back in my prison days...
    I dunno... this thread is making me want to go on a killing spree...
    Kill the suicidal folk... then everything will be happy, happy, and starving children everywhere will frolic in glee.
    Well I got a chuckle out of your post. I am sometimes surprised at the venom in some responses but sometimes get a chuckle out of that too.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    I feel better now.

/sniff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    I dunno... this thread is making me want to go on a killing spree...
    been there, done that, dont reccomend you do it.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"