1.    #1  
    US wears black hat in Turkish hit "Wolves"
    Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:05 PM ET

By Charles Masters

BERLIN (Hollywood Reporter) - Turkey's "Valley of the Wolves: Iraq," an action drama that depicts U.S. troops in Iraq committing multiple atrocities, is setting new box-office records in its homeland.

The movie has sold more than 3 million tickets since its February 3 release, according to Turkish tracking agency Kenda. The current record-holder for ticket sales in Turkey is "G.O.R.A.," which drew 4 million admissions in 2004. "'Valley of the Wolves' will maybe reach 5 million," a Kenda representative said.
    Snip
    http://news.google.com/news?q=%22Turkey's+%22Valley+of+the+Wolves:+Iraq,%22+an+action+drama+that+depicts+U.S.+troops+in+Ira q+%22&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N&tab=nn&oi=newsr
    Ok, I'm not at all pleased that Busey would do this role. I know he's dain bramaged and probably has quite a few medical bills left to pay but COME ON! Michael Moore wouldn't even approve of this! Zane, I don't know squat about zane but I don't see why he would want to do this.

The really SOBERING aspect is the Turkish response to this film. Turkey is a U.S. ally and close to EU membership. The Southern Kurdish population is pleased with the Bathist ouster moving them closer to their Kurdistan with a big oil pump.

It really reflects how HORRIBLY this invasion has damaged the U.S. reputation. I'm repulsed that Americans would be involved in the making of it. I'm amazed at how much the Turks want to ingest it. Anyway, here's some a link to some trailers.

<snipped -KR>
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 02/19/2006 at 01:05 PM.
    Well I am interested in other people's points of view.... but I dont know if this goes to far.

I wouldnt hold a country responsible for making this unless the State paid for it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It really reflects how HORRIBLY this invasion has damaged the U.S. reputation. I'm repulsed that Americans would be involved in the making of it. I'm amazed at how much the Turks want to ingest it. Anyway, here's some a link to some trailers.
    I think you overestimated the US reputation in this part of the world prior to the war.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I think you overestimated the US reputation in this part of the world prior to the war.
    Turkey?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Turkey?
    Sure. What can be a better recipe for anti-American sentiment than a European and Mulsim mixture. I mean, this movie would probably play big in Paris too, don't you think?

Now, just because they're flocking to an anti-American movie doesn't mean they're going to be next year's suicide bombers. Sentiments probably don't run that deep.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I cant believe I'm saying this but I agree with everything dat said in this thread.