Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The last Muslim thread was closed by ToolKit b/c of flaming.

I think a continuing, flame retardant discussion would be good.

Cleric: $1 Million to Kill Cartoonist

What I find strange is wouldn't their prophet settle the score with the cartoonist in the afterlife?

btw, weeks later and Muslims are still protesting. If they are protesting for a 'sorry' that came within a few days of the initial protesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man

What I find strange is wouldn't their prophet settle the score with the cartoonist in the afterlife?

btw, weeks later and Muslims are still protesting. If they are protesting for a 'sorry' that came within a few days of the initial protesting.

Please read this article. It may help you see the shades of gray instead of the stark black and white, us versus them, you want to frame this issue in.

Pakistani riots about more than cartoons
  3.    #3  
    Uhh, it is us vs them. They are kidnapping us, putting planes into buildings, cutting off our heads, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Please read this article. It may help you see the shades of gray instead of the stark black and white, us versus them, you want to frame this issue in.

I agree it is Us vs them....but you have to define THEM. Them being Islamic radical extremists. Not Islam as a whole. At least not at the moment.
    Apparently, all we have to do is get KFC to lower the price of chicken, and the world shall be at peace...or piece, as in a 3 piece meal w/mashed potatoes.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I agree it is Us vs them....but you have to define THEM. Them being Islamic radical extremists. Not Islam as a whole. At least not at the moment.
    There is always a danger when talking in 'general' terms that we stereotype people. Good point.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    There is always a danger when talking in 'general' terms that we stereotype people. Good point.
    Oh you mean like "You Conservatives...talking points...what if's...blah blah blah...."?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas

Good source. Thanx

It would seem that there are shades of grey as it relates to the rioting, but the cartoon matter is black-and-white.

The CSM article suggests that the Pakistani President could be using the unrest as a means to show why he should remain in power. Another reasonable view, from a distance anyway, is that his opponents want to use the unrest to unseat him.

"Radical" (yet another generalization, I know) tend to fare better, in terms of recruiting, moving under cover, etc. during periods of unrest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Oh you mean like "You Conservatives...talking points...what if's...blah blah blah...."?
    Yes that would be an example of stereotyping. Im not saying that it shouldn't be done (it has many practical uses...like 'blah, blah blah') but we should be careful in it's use.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Whats the point of putting people on your ignore list if you still have to see them being quoted?

Surur
    Apparently, all we have to do is get KFC to lower the price of chicken, and the world shall be at peace...or piece, as in a 3 piece meal w/mashed potatoes.
    Maybe they should include more of the other white meat on their menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Apparently, we also have to define US.

Let us have a semi-intelligent discussion without flaming. I give you one thing, your hatred for Islam and Muslims is obvious. You started 64 threads, 8 of which had Islam or Muslims in the title (12.5%), all were negative. You have "contributed" 1,194 posts, all of which have that fabulous counter and web link of yours. You devoted that much energy to spread your "love and tolerance" towards others on TC, God knows how much 'love' are you spreading elsewhere. While it is easy for Muslims to point out the fanatics in every group, have you wondered why no one has stooped down to your level yet. Have you wondered why you are not getting the response you are hoping for by these continued out of place misleading thread. Maybe just maybe, others are taking the higher ground and doing what their religion instructs them to do, which is if someone speaks of Islam without knowledge and with vain, no Muslim should enter into that conversation because it will not lead to anything productive.
    My advice to you like it was in the previous thread that was closed, is to relax and let God judge people. It is not my place to judge you or your believes, similarly you do not have that right wither. As an open minded individual I can take into consideration that you may be right, but you must also consider that you may be wrong. These never-ending attempts to defame a religion followed by 1 billion souls, will cause more harm than good for all involved. It will lead others who will not take the higher ground to “expose” fanatics and their hidden agendas.
    I ask you to please stop attacking Islam and Muslims, a wise man once said “stick your finger in your eye; if it hurts you it will hurt others if you stick it in their eye”. If someone, regardless of their religious affiliation, offended you then take out with them, but do not generalize.
    Last edited by gt5l; 02/17/2006 at 02:13 PM.
    Treoing & Loving it
  14.    #14  
    I don't hate Muslims, because not all Muslims agree with the murdering. I hate their murderous teachings. Look at the link I provided, the teaching by that cleric put a bounty on the cartoonists head.

My original post said, "What I find strange is wouldn't their prophet settle the score with the cartoonist in the afterlife?"

A lot like your "let God judge people". Huh? We agree on something! Stop being a hater!

Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Let us have a semi-intelligent discussion without flaming. I give you one thing, your hatred for Islam and Muslims is obvious. You started 64 threads, 8 of which had Islam or Muslims in the title (12.5%), all were negative. You devoted that much energy to spread your "love and tolerance" towards others on TC, God knows how much 'love' are you spreading elsewhere. While it is easy for Muslims to point out the fanatics in every group, have you wondered why no one has stooped down to your level yet. Have you wondered why you are not getting the response you are hoping for by these continued out of place misleading thread. Maybe just maybe, others are taking the higher ground and doing what their religion instructs them to do, which is if someone speaks of Islam without knowledge and with vain, no Muslim should enter into that conversation because it will not lead to anything productive.
    My advice to you like it was in the previous thread that was closed, is to relax and let God judge people. It is not my place to judge you or your believes, similarly you do not have that right wither. As an open minded individual I can take into consideration that you may be right, but you must also consider that you may be wrong. These never-ending attempts to defame a religion followed by 1 billion souls, will cause more harm than good for all involved. It will lead others who will not take the higher ground to “expose” fanatics and their hidden agendas.
    I ask you to please stop attacking Islam and Muslims, a wise man once said “stick your finger in your eye; if it hurts you it will hurt others if you stick it in their eye”. If someone, regardless of their religious affiliation, offended you then take out with them, but do not generalize.
    I don't hate Muslims, because not all Muslims agree with the murdering. I hate their murderous teachings. Look at the link I provided, the teaching by that cleric put a bounty on the cartoonists head.

My original post said, "What I find strange is wouldn't their prophet settle the score with the cartoonist in the afterlife?"
    I can see the contradiction and it puzzles me as well. Assuming it's valid, what do we do?

16.    #16  
    I would like to think there will be an uprising within the religion. But from the looks at the hundreds of thousands that have been protestings, it would more than likely become a Civil War within Islam.

I can see the contradiction and it puzzles me as well. Assuming it's valid, what do we do?
    Rather knee jerk reaction I thought. Seems to me, that thread had policed itself in the end, via the Ignore User option.

I would like to think there will be an uprising within the religion. But from the looks at the hundreds of thousands that have been protestings, it would more than likely become a Civil War within Islam.
    I am not saying that there are a LOT of people upset about it but I wonder how much the MSM 'flames' the issue for their own economic purposes?

I would like to see them take a stand too but I wonder if there arent other issues getting 'lumped' in with the cartoons (i.e. occupation).

19.    #19  
    The issue existed prior to the cartoons. This brought them together. Not sure if occupation is the reason Muslims are angry.

I am not saying that there are a LOT of people upset about it but I wonder how much the MSM 'flames' the issue for their own economic purposes?

I would like to see them take a stand too but I wonder if there arent other issues getting 'lumped' in with the cartoons (i.e. occupation).
    As anyone with half a beak knows:

"PETA is asking KFC to eliminate the worst abuses that chickens suffer on the factory farms and in the slaughterhouses of its suppliers, including live scalding, life-long crippling, and painful debeaking. The more than 850 million chickens killed each year for KFC are tortured in ways that would result in felony cruelty-to-animals charges if cats or dogs were the victims, but KFC still refuses to make changes. As the leader in the chicken industry, KFC has a responsibility to ensure that the chickens raised for its buckets are protected from the worst cruelties."

Chick...errr click here

I think PETA needs to review how the Islamofacists behead their victims to make sure it is done humanly
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast