Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    Agreed, very nice redbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Well said Redbelt.
    Quote Originally Posted by redbelt
    ^^
    I really don't know for certain hoovs, I know some organisation was campaigning against terrorists acting in Islam's name. It might be CAIR, not certain.
    Anyhow, these terrorists are using verses or sayings out of place.
    for example: if I tell a CEO to maximize profit & raise the living standards of employees, then he goes sacking everyone to show immense profit, he is not following my second order which renders his actions useless, nay unwanted even.
    This is what they are doing. They say they are fighting to rais the name of Islam & god but they are directly disobeying numorous teachings of not to kill, to respect allies, to attend to neighbours, to not force the religion on others, etc etc etc.
    Now, wether they are idiots that cannot see this fact, or smart people who do it on purpose to serve an agenda, I do not know. But I do lean that thier leaders are the latter while thier followers are the first.
    Bottom line, Islam DOES NOT order any of this, nay it forbids it! People blowing up civilians are criminals no matter what thier religion, race or country.
    I hear you. Like I've said to you before, I hope these views of yours become the louder voice of Islam in this coming Century.
    I'm glad you agree.
    I do think this is the dominant voice in Islam, just not the loudest.

WWE earns more money and more spotlights than proper wrestling or sports. Its all about flash I say.

Maybe we should find a way to make this more flamboyant, what do you suggest?

I think some investors are starting an Arabic news network broadcasting in English to target the west. That would be quite sensible as I don't see us reaching there very well in a media sense (I do some PRPRPR $part$-$time$! ^$_$^).
  4.    #84  
    If possible have some sort of Global Islam Association that would admit only non-violent Mosques. Somehow reduce the legitimacy of the violent Mosques/clerics. Make them stand alone from the legitimate, peaceful Mosques. I what you say is true (and I 100% believe you), the violent sect of the religion needs to be 'kicked out' of Islam and be considered literally another religion.

Quote Originally Posted by redbelt
    I'm glad you agree.
    I do think this is the dominant voice in Islam, just not the loudest.

WWE earns more money and more spotlights than proper wrestling or sports. Its all about flash I say.

Maybe we should find a way to make this more flamboyant, what do you suggest?

I think some investors are starting an Arabic news network broadcasting in English to target the west. That would be quite sensible as I don't see us reaching there very well in a media sense (I do some PRPRPR $part$-$time$! ^$_$^).
  5.    #85  
    Red, could legitimate clerics put a fatwa on bin laden and zarqawi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Red, could legitimate clerics put a fatwa on bin laden and zarqawi?
    I don't know about other countries, but in Bahrain, mosques are monitored by the Islamic Awqaf minestry (a Waqf BTW means a property, building, mosque, garden, whatever, that is run for charity non-profit and is never to be sold or liquidated). They have a committee that measure what all mosques are saying and run it against the basic teaching. Not only to monitor terrorists of course, they were a long time back there to correct misconceptions for example or mis-interpertations. They also take care of the mosques administration.

As for Fatwas,
    A fatwa means an opinion or consultation. Since Islam has set guidlines, new developments in the world are interperted using said guidlines and a fatwa is produced. Much like an entery level math book which could be the basis of new developments and theories come out on the basis of the basic math book.

here is a split:
    Sunni Muslim Sheiks (Sunna meaning the way of the prophet) can make a fatwah, but it is run by other Sheikhs (A sheikh is either a religous scholar or a royal). This system weeds out opinions that are not totally right. Kinda like a religous democracy if you will.

Shiiets muslims (shiiet meaning mouroners of or followers of, they follow and mourn the killing of Imam Ali) give alot more power to sheikhs. Calling the higher ups "resources", so Shiiet sheikhs can produce a fatwah on thier own. Also, Shiiets muslims must follow thier leader blindly or they will not be good muslims, in thier opinion (as opposed to Sunnis, where if there were two opinions that are valid, have the freedom to choose what makes sense for them). Thats a dangerous recipie IMO. Iran is a Shiiet muslim state. Lebanon has factions of the two so do we and Iraq.

Shiiet sheikhs, even if they are referances, usually refer to a higher refernce, usually one in Iran or Lebanon.

I suppose your question about a fatwa is wether one of the sheikhs can say "go and kill bin-Laden".

I am not a scholar here, but, I think -and I can be wrong- that such a fatwa would not pass through sunni muslims because the direction here is the way of the prophet who was against escelation and un-necessarry bloodshed. Such a fatwa could start anarchy and you'll see people going on bounty hunts and such. This is a matter better left for the authorities Im sure you agree.

Shiiets probably can, its easier to pass such a thing, but I doubt that they will, because most Shiiet Sheikhs & bin-laden is fighting the west, so I doubt it.

I have to say that my opinion here must be biased because I am a Sunni muslim. We need a Shiiet muslim to be here to tell his flip side. Anyway, thats how I see it.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Redbelt, what about a fatwa along the lines of stop the violence and terrorism?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  8.    #88  
    I wasn't thinking of killing bin laden or zarqawi via a fatwa, but simply not be a follower or disciple of. Another great post btw!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Redbelt, what about a fatwa along the lines of stop the violence and terrorism?
    oh, thats out a long time back.

And thanks Advance.
  10.    #90  
    Al-Zahari (Al Quada #2) Blasts off regarding comic

Quote from article:

"They (European countries) did it on purpose and they continue to do it without apologizing, even though no one dares to harm Jews or to challenge Jewish claims about the Holocaust nor even to insult homosexuals."

What is with radical Muslims and the holocaust? Where is the evidence that it didin't occur? Do they not see the old video footage of thousand of bodies being bulldozed into mass graves? This makes me think they are in another world to deny it. And I guess they are with their actions.
    http://www.wral.com/news/7691315/detail.html

This hits home....NC State is my school, but UNC is just down the road (20 minute trip) and this could of easily happened at my college. Lovely...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345