Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 91
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I hate their murderous teachings.
    Ahem, just to point: we have no "murderous" teachings.
    However, there are "murderous" individuals.
    This can be proven if asked.

    Sorry to interrupt, do go on..
  2. #22  
    My greatest fear regarding Islam is that what we are seeing in terms of radical fundamentalist violence directed at democratic, Judeo-Christian societies is but the gentle pas-de-deux for what is to come. I fear that it might be a global holy war waged worldwide this time instead of in contained parts of the world.

    From the fundamentalist Muslim view- and I am not trying to vilify fundamentalist Muslims only (see "The Battle For God" by Karen Armstrong for an intelligent portrayal of the commonalities as well as specific differences in fundamentalist groups within all 3 major world religions)- there is no middle ground, no solution of forebearance where we can agree to live separately within our own cultures. There appears to be a deeply held desire to annhilate western culture and pronounce the law of Islam upon all creatures great and small. Very scary.
  3.    #23  
    You and the place you worship don't, but there are cleirics (essentially teachers right?) that put bounties to kill the cartoonists, Americans, Jews, etc. I realize not all Muslims are murderers, but many are. I would like to see the common Muslim speak up. There has been no greater opportunity squandered as the cartoon debate. Globally Muslims could have shown they are the Religion of Peace and protested without violence, but leaders of Islam chose to make an a$s out of the religion once again.

    Quote Originally Posted by redbelt
    Ahem, just to point: we have no "murderous" teachings.
    However, there are "murderous" individuals.
    This can be proven if asked.

    Sorry to interrupt, do go on..
  4. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Let us have a semi-intelligent discussion without flaming. I give you one thing, your hatred for Islam and Muslims is obvious. You started 64 threads, 8 of which had Islam or Muslims in the title (12.5%), all were negative. You have "contributed" 1,194 posts, all of which have that fabulous counter and web link of yours. You devoted that much energy to spread your "love and tolerance" towards others on TC, God knows how much 'love' are you spreading elsewhere. While it is easy for Muslims to point out the fanatics in every group, have you wondered why no one has stooped down to your level yet. Have you wondered why you are not getting the response you are hoping for by these continued out of place misleading thread. Maybe just maybe, others are taking the higher ground and doing what their religion instructs them to do, which is if someone speaks of Islam without knowledge and with vain, no Muslim should enter into that conversation because it will not lead to anything productive.
    My advice to you like it was in the previous thread that was closed, is to relax and let God judge people. It is not my place to judge you or your believes, similarly you do not have that right wither. As an open minded individual I can take into consideration that you may be right, but you must also consider that you may be wrong. These never-ending attempts to defame a religion followed by 1 billion souls, will cause more harm than good for all involved. It will lead others who will not take the higher ground to “expose” fanatics and their hidden agendas.
    I ask you to please stop attacking Islam and Muslims, a wise man once said “stick your finger in your eye; if it hurts you it will hurt others if you stick it in their eye”. If someone, regardless of their religious affiliation, offended you then take out with them, but do not generalize.

    WELL SAID AND HIGH TIME IT WAS SAID, TAKE CARE, JAY
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  5.    #26  
    The truth hurts. I only hate the Muslims that are killing in the name of Allah. Sorry, I don't want to even sort of like them or sort of understand why they are cutting off heads. I simply want all terrorists dead, similarly like they want you and I dead.

    Regarding the thread in my signature, it reads "Islamic terrorists have carried out more than...", not "Muslims have carried out".

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    WELL SAID AND HIGH TIME IT WAS SAID, TAKE CARE, JAY
    Last edited by Advance The Man; 02/24/2006 at 11:30 AM.
  6. #27  
    We all want that Advance
    gt5l hinted that you are somewhat fixated on that and it may indicate thats not all you want.
    glad you cleared that up though.
  7.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by redbelt
    We all want that Advance


    Quote Originally Posted by redbelt
    gt5l hinted that you are somewhat fixated on that and it may indicate thats not all you want.
    Not quite a hint, more of a statement. I have provided my views b/c no one else was saying it here. Muslim terrorist don't need to be protected by political correctness (i.e. freedom fighters), they need to be called out as murderers.

    Quote Originally Posted by redbelt
    glad you cleared that up though.
    Kumbaya!
  8. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I simply want all terrorists dead, similarly like they want you and I dead.
    Just for arguments sake, what is your definition of 'terrorist'?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  9.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Just for arguments sake, what is your definition of 'terrorist'?
    Not that I think you need to play devil's advocate, b/c I think there are plenty of Muslim terrorist sympathizers to defend the position...A Muslim terrorist kills in the name of Islam.

    With the exception of some Muslims living in the West, Islam is blind. The lack of concern fuels additional violence. Globally, Islam as a religion should have risen up by now and had a common voice that the violence in the name of their religion is wrong. I find it amazing Islam hasn't done this yet. They appear so hell bent to blame others on their problems (Western culture, Israel).
  10. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Not that I think you need to play devil's advocate, b/c I think there are plenty of Muslim terrorist sympathizers to defend the position...
    Im actually not interested in defending fundamentalists per se, just curious on how we define certain terms (and then the implications that follow).

    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    A Muslim terrorist kills in the name of Islam.
    So would you say a terrorist is someone who kills in the name of _____ (something)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I find it amazing Islam hasn't done this yet. They appear so hell bent to blame others on their problems (Western culture, Israel).
    It bothers me as well ...although I think for whatever reason, the Islamic groups that do come out and denounce it are drown out by the fundamentalists or the media (who may have an interest in fanning the 'flames'. ) All I am saying is that there probably are groups that denounce it (I hear it somewhat from more the 'intellectuals' who arent actually in the middle of it.) but we, as a general rule, aren't exposed to it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  11.    #32  
    No I wouldn't categorize your terrorist comment as accurate. A marine who would kill for the name of his/her country does not make a terrorist. Honestly tgung, you asking these questions of the definition appears to be political correctness.
  12. #33  
    So in your own words, a Christian or a Jew person that kills in the name of their religion are terrorists? I hope that you would say yes because history is full of individuals that kill in the name of their religion. Second, you are asking Islam to unite and speak with one voice, have other religions united for a cause, have the church united to allow the use of condoms to prevent aids? I May sound like a broken record, but no religion should be judged by the actions of its followers, if that is the case there is NO religion that is worth following. On the contrary, and despite all recent attacks on Islam, the number of people the converted to Islam sine 9/11 is more than ever, esp. here in the U.S.
    After reading many of your posts it became apparent to me that you are just as closed minded as those you are attacking. Using your Marine logic (which is wrong) an insurgent that kills a U.S. soldier is not a terrorist, in my book he is. Therefore, a Marine that kills innocent civilians in the name of whatever is also terrorist, otherwise it is double standard and I know that you wouldn't stand for that . Any harm to innocent civilians is wrong, weather the act is committed by individuals or governments, Muslims or Christians is irrelevant. So your definition for what is a terrorist is also inaccurate. A terrorist is a person that plans, commits, or inspires others to spread fear or terror. It need not result in the killing or causing any physical harm, yelling bomb in a stadium filled with spectators is a terrorist act. More than 600 ppl died in Iraq in one incident because someone did just that. Advance (odd name BTW for a man with such ideas), do some more reading with an open mind then start discussions, do not hate a group because of the actions of a select few, in your own words again, do not be a hater.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gt5l; 02/25/2006 at 10:19 AM.
    Treoing & Loving it
  13.    #34  
    I'm discussing Muslim terrorists, not peaceful Muslims.
  14. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I'm discussing Muslim terrorists, not peaceful Muslims.
    You keep saying that...but people keep ignoring it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I'm discussing Muslim terrorists, not peaceful Muslims.
    These supposedly "Muslim" terrorists (or anyone of any religious background, that intentionally kills others under false pretenses) is not a true follower of the faith they claim to be associated with. They are simply lost. They may tell you that they are a follower of that faith. They may practice certain customs of that faith. They may even dress the part. But they should, in no way, be recognized by ANYONE as being associated with any faith at all. The term "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" comes to mind. Understand that this is a battle of good vs. evil. The wolf can hide in anyone's clothing. By merely detaching the name of a faith from the hate breeding criminals whom hide behind it, you're doing great justice to those whom are true to that faith, and you're serving humanity for the greater good.
    .
  16. #37  
    insertion, he only says that when he's backed into a corner, but he forgets that distinction when he starts threads or generalizing.
    Treoing & Loving it
  17. #38  
    advance, why not say you're discussing terrorists of all beliefs. then most won't confuse you comments for ones that only a racist would proclaim.
    Treoing & Loving it
  18.    #39  
    Because I've started a thread on Muslim Terrorists. I'll let someone else start the thread on the Jewish, Catholic and Hindu terrorists.
  19. #40  
    yeah right, that will receive a red carpet reception here ;-)
    Treoing & Loving it
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions