Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Bush Fails To Prevent East Coast Blizzard
    Minorities Hit Hardest
    by Brian Williams NBC 02/12/06

As President Bush and his staff cowered in the White House, the snow continued to pile up on the many poor and African American victims who could not afford to get out of town or to safety in Florida. Crucial supplies of blankets, hot cocoa, popcorn and dark rum - so essential to surviving the stress of any major snowstorm - lay in stores undelivered.

Where is the government? I need my sidewalk shovelled so I can get out to buy my damn lottery tickets!" said one D.C. resident from his living room. "Why are we wasting money in Iraq when we could be spending it here on me?

Progressive blogs blasted the President for his inaction. "We find the timing terribly suspicious - just as the Domestic Spying hearings kick into high gear, what happens? A major northeast Blizzard. Why now?" wrote blogger FUAmericaNBush2.

Hearings into the Blizzards' effect on hearings are almost a certainty. Howard Dean has suggested he will call for an investigation once his new medications kick in and John Kerry took a break from the sporting activities of the glamorous super-rich in some exotic locale (random choice: Ice Sailing in Finland) to call for new legislation outlawing snowstorms. "The Republican Congress has dropped the ball once again. I have always been a staunch supporter of anti-snow legislation, except for certain locations where I ski. Snow has no business on our roads and the President and Congress knows that."

Calls for impeachment over "SnowGate" as some are calling it already are mounting as deeply as the snow itself, and what will be discovered underneath will prove to have a truly chilling effect on the Republicans, as the inevitable thaw proceeds.

Or something like that.

More breaking news......
    Al Sharpton wants an investigation as to why snow is ALWAYS white.

Cheney has stock in Tru-Value Hardware. Do you have any idea how many SNOW SHOVELS they sold today to the unsuspecting consumer?

I demand to know why FEMA has been so late in reacting to this storm. THEY KNEW IT WAS COMING! And yet they failed to have crews in place to fix the electricity as soon as it went off. It just shows that Bush and the Republicans just don't care about the people in the N.E. The Senate needs to investigate this with administration people under oath.

I'll bet that the great junior senator from N.Y. has opened the doors of her home to all of the heatless poor of her neighborhood and is busy baking cookies for them while her husband applies body heat to the nearly frozen teen-aged girls.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    brilliant
    Superb.
    Pardon me if i'm not laughing at this minimalist attempt at satire. As someone who's close relatives and friends lost everything during the katrina disaster i fail to see how trivializing the incident with crude humor peppered with subtle racist remarks can be even amusingly humorous or witty....but to each his own.
    I had several relatives lose their homes too. They did not lose their sense of humor though. I guess your loss was more tragic than most.
    tastless...
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Even I'll come off my binge and out of hiding to say BRILLIANT!
    The truth hurts. I just hate it when people call ME a lazy, drunk slob.
    But you know what?.....
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    Pardon me if i'm not laughing at this minimalist attempt at satire. As someone who's close relatives and friends lost everything during the katrina disaster i fail to see how trivializing the incident with crude humor peppered with subtle racist remarks can be even amusingly humorous or witty....but to each his own.
    Agreed. And the racisim is hardly subtle. If you embrace this type of veiled hate, please try to examine why. Perhaps a visit to New Orleans could help you develop this thing called empathy.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Agreed. And the racisim is hardly subtle. If you embrace this type of veiled hate, please try to examine why. Perhaps a visit to New Orleans could help you develop this thing called empathy.
    agreed. it is always whitey who thinks it's funny to make fun of black people. one ounce of gasoline is still as flammble as a gallon...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Even I'll come off my binge and out of hiding to say BRILLIANT!
    The truth hurts. I just hate it when people call ME a lazy, drunk slob.
    But you know what?.....
    Glad to see you you've sobered up enough to make a visit!!

Oh yeah, funny post Bob
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Great post!

Racist??? Did you uread this with your good eye? It was a good satire.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  12.    #12  
    Thank you. Thank you. I understand how it went over the heads of some though. If you carefully read the story you will find that it is not making fun of black people. In fact, it really has nothing to do with black people at all.

It is making fun of those persons that had such limited intelligence as to blame racism for an act of nature such as a hurricane. It is saying if you were stupid enough to believe that, then you must be stupid enough to believe the same thing about a snowstorm. It is sad that some people have such limited intelligence that I have to explain this to them. But the brilliant part is that such a person is exactly the type of fool the story is satirizing. You've PROVED it's point! Thank you again. Yes. That is correct. The joke is on you!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    More breaking news......
    Al Sharpton wants an investigation as to why snow is ALWAYS white.
    Do you think those critical of the White House response deserve to be ridiculed?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Do you think those critical of the White House response deserve to be ridiculed?
    Oh man, you guys really need to take a pill of something, you'll explode if your blood pressure gets any higher. Does that big vein popping out on your forehead hurt much? Responses like this are EXACTLY what was expected.
    Last edited by treo2die4; 02/17/2006 at 04:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    GREAT POST!!!!

Those who are offended, must really be pissed that they have not found a way to make this the adiministrations fault.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    In fact, it really has nothing to do with black people at all.
    Except for these bits, "many poor and African American victims who could not afford to get out of town or to safety in Florida" and "Al Sharpton wants an investigation as to why snow is ALWAYS white."

The criticism of the handling of Katrina was most certainly legit. I believe that's what the House report stated:
    "Hurricane Katrina exposed the U.S. government's failure to learn the lessons of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, as leaders from President Bush down disregarded ample warnings of the threat to New Orleans and did not execute emergency plans or share information that would have saved lives, according to a blistering report by House investigators."
    Thank you. Thank you. I understand how it went over the heads of some though. If you carefully read the story you will find that it is not making fun of black people. In fact, it really has nothing to do with black people at all.

It is making fun of those persons that had such limited intelligence as to blame racism for an act of nature such as a hurricane. It is saying if you were stupid enough to believe that, then you must be stupid enough to believe the same thing about a snowstorm. It is sad that some people have such limited intelligence that I have to explain this to them. But the brilliant part is that such a person is exactly the type of fool the story is satirizing. You've PROVED it's point! Thank you again. Yes. That is correct. The joke is on you!!
    You should write for The Onion

http://www.theonion.com/content/index
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    man...I just re-read this. even funnier than the first time. keep 'em coming!!
    While Bob and others may find his post funny, I find degrading others for humor to be mean and tasteless.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    While Bob and others may find his post funny, I find degrading others for humor to be mean and tasteless.
    Stupid people are funny. Sorry if that is offensive to you.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast