Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    "coalition" <------ BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!

oh that's funny! Send in the mine monkeys!
    I'm hearing you man but not very many people are hearing us...

This is what I find funny...What I find funny is the U.N.'s request to shut down Guantanamo. That's what I find funny, we're so perfect right? We can do as we please right??? Wrong...I don't think so.

Worst president ever...
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    "Of course you neglected to mention the hundreds of millions of lives that were lost under Communist regimes throughout the world."

Hundreds of millions? Can you document that number?

Also, don't forget that democracy can kill too. Look at the early US history and how we treated the Native Americans. And Adolph Hitler was elected to office.
    Nazi Germany is a red herring. Hitler was not elected but appointed Chancellor by President Hindenburg. He then turned the government into a totalitarian regime nothing like a democracy. As for my statistics:

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democide
    Coalition Definition a temporary alliance of distinct parties, persons, or states for joint action

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!! Dat doesn't know what coalition means!

"coalition" <------ BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!

oh that's funny! Send in the mine monkeys!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    This is what I find funny...What I find funny is the U.N.'s request to shut down Guantanamo. That's what I find funny, we're so perfect right?
    Yeah, because the UN is above reproach and has stellar credibility...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    It's not an accusation. It was a response to someone elses post that oil is one of the reasons for conflict in the region.
    Not going to fly here buddy. You said...

"So when the oil runs out at least westerners won't invade anymore".

That clearly means that you think the US invaded to steal oil. So, please show proof in the form of a link to any news source to back up that claim. If not, Im sure you will be big enough to retract your statement as an error.
    Agreed. Dat is the United States stealing oil from Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by TomUps

That clearly means that you think the US invaded to steal oil. So, please show proof in the form of a link to any news source to back up that claim. If not, Im sure you will be big enough to retract your statement as an error.
    God the world hates us...oh well nothing new. I blame the administration...again and again, and again. Why are we in the whole??? Because this country is run by a ****, Bush and Colon. Well not a Colon anymore but still...
    hoovs.

From your Wikipida refernece:
    "Accurate figures are difficult to establish and many estimates tend to reflect particular biases"
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    hoovs.

From your Wikipida refernece:
    "Accurate figures are difficult to establish and many estimates tend to reflect particular biases"
    That's why the table gives low, mid and high range estimates. But even the most conservative number would account for the most egregious example of mass extermination is history. Wouldn't you agree?

That clearly means that you think the US invaded to steal oil. So, please show proof in the form of a link to any news source to back up that claim.
    'Clearly'??? Isn't there another plausible conclusion other than that the US has to steal the oil?

How about the US wants to keep oil prices stable and they do not want the oil to stop being shipped to the US? I didn't see where DAT said the US was stealing it, did you?

I am assuming that you will now do as you advocated DAT to do :
    Im sure you will be big enough to retract your statement as an error.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    How about the US wants to keep oil prices stable and they do not want the oil to stop being shipped to the US? I didn't see where DAT said the US was stealing it, did you?
    So your arguement is that we went to war to STABALIZE prices? Now thats funny. How would launching a major offensive on an oil producing country (which would probably cause the destruction of much of the oil producing infrastructure) stabalize prices? Unless your meaning that we mean to take the oil in which there ofcourse is no proof.

they do not want the oil to stop being shipped to the US
    The US imported less than 5% of our oil from iraq before the war. So your arguement is we went to war to to protect 5% of our oil supply. If thats the case, you think we would of went to Venezuela first.

In your case its so easy to throw theories and accusations accusing the US of almost anything, but please try to base it on something with factual proof.
    Iraq 'death squad caught in act'

And the mess evolves further. We can stay and be targets while a civil war is fought under the surface or we can leave and let them fight it out. Either way, we really should apologize.
    Stuff like this was going on every single day but on a larger scale before we got there. The difference is that now their government stops it instead of directing it. I think you should apologize.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Coaltition is almost as funny as saying we helped the UN. Has the UN provided anything to prevent terrorism? But, what do you expect when your name is UN (without), like 7-UP the UNcola (without cola), you UNdress (without dress) the UN (without backbone)
    What does invading Iraq have to do with terrorism? Oh, yea, you're still confused.

14.    #34  

Drop your little snide "buddy" tude with me.

I in no way stated we invaded Iraq to steal oil. We get most of our imported oil from Canada. However, look at who was making long term oil deals with Iraq prior to invasion and who is our major competition on the global marketplace and you may be onto something.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Stuff like this was going on every single day but on a larger scale before we got there. The difference is that now their government stops it instead of directing it. I think you should apologize.

So we changed the regime but not the tactics. Nice.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I in no way stated we invaded Iraq to steal oil. We get most of our imported oil from Canada. However, look at who was making long term oil deals with Iraq prior to invasion and who is our major competition on the global marketplace and you may be onto something.

What does that mean? In plain English explain your theory and supply factual proof. Your seem to be making some type of accusation linking the invasion to oil. Please clarify and supply proof. If you cant do that, atleast admit you have absolutely no basis for your oil to invasion link and leave it alone...buddy.
  17.    #37  
    What does that mean? In plain English explain your theory and supply factual proof. Your seem to be making some type of accusation linking the invasion to oil. Please clarify and supply proof. If you cant do that, atleast admit you have absolutely no basis for your oil to invasion link and leave it alone...buddy.

You'll have to pay me tutition if you expect me to teach you about global economics and the role oil plays in it. Or you could think about it for a second and likely figure it out for yourself. 'buddy'.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    You'll have to pay me tutition if you expect me to teach you about global economics and the role oil plays in it. Or you could think about it for a second and likely figure it out for yourself. 'buddy'.

I simply asked you to clearify your links between the Iraqi invasion and oil. You clearly can not. You brought up the oil link so I asked you to please explain. Dont you agree while we have soldiers in harms way its best not to make accusations that have no factual basis and are promoted to advance your political beliefs?
  19.    #39  
    I simply asked you to clearify your links between the Iraqi invasion and oil. You clearly can not. You brought up the oil link so I asked you to please explain. Dont you agree while we have soldiers in harms way its best not to make accusations that have no factual basis and are promoted to advance your political beliefs?

Playing the "soldiers in harms way" card already!?!? We've only just begun this dance.

Here's a little quote for Ya:
    " In protecting its interests in the Persian Gulf, the United States has always hoped for a regional partner: first Iran, then Iraq, then the Saudis; in their turn, each of these has proven itself incapable of the job. Fortunately, the Saudis probably overestimate the threat they pose to the presidentís policy. Denying the U.S. access to Saudi bases will make the war against Iraq harder, but will not stop it. Further, removing Saddam Husseinís regime from power in Baghdad will reduce the Saudisí leverage even more -- returning Iraqi oil fully to market can only reduce the Saudisí ability to set oil prices, and make the U.S. bases there superfluous."

Do I get paid to educate you?

No I brought up oil get it right....
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast