Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    There's a well thought out answer.

    I guess you can't think of anything positive the Democrats have to say.

    On Defense:
    Opposes NMD, supports nonproliferation and arms control

    Recruit more service members; start Community Defense Svc.

    Invest in new equipment, technology; offer better pay, benefits


    Environment:
    Promotes clean, renewable fuel sources, especially ethanol

    Set goals, incentives to reduce dependence on fossil fuels

    Push new gas requirements, hybrid cars, hydrogen fuel


    On Healthcare:
    Close loopholes; financial incentives to lower drug costs

    Fund all health care by rescinding tax cuts, cutting waste

    Tighten rules on drug companies; focus on seniors, vets

    Let people buy into govt. system, fund by reversing Tax cuts


    International Policy:
    Involve other nations more in Iraqi rebuilding, security

    Denounces threat of pre-emption; would seek global consensus

    Boost international efforts to secure peace, beat al Qaeda

    etc
    .
    .
    .
    etc
    .
    .
    .
    etc
    .
    .
    .
    Now take your stupid, frigging Repub "The Dems don't have a plan" talking point and just keep repeating it.
  2. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    On Defense:
    Opposes NMD, supports nonproliferation and arms control

    Recruit more service members; start Community Defense Svc.

    Invest in new equipment, technology; offer better pay, benefits


    Environment:
    Promotes clean, renewable fuel sources, especially ethanol

    Set goals, incentives to reduce dependence on fossil fuels

    Push new gas requirements, hybrid cars, hydrogen fuel


    On Healthcare:
    Close loopholes; financial incentives to lower drug costs

    Fund all health care by rescinding tax cuts, cutting waste

    Tighten rules on drug companies; focus on seniors, vets

    Let people buy into govt. system, fund by reversing Tax cuts


    International Policy:
    Involve other nations more in Iraqi rebuilding, security

    Denounces threat of pre-emption; would seek global consensus

    Boost international efforts to secure peace, beat al Qaeda

    etc
    .
    .
    .
    etc
    .
    .
    .
    etc
    .
    .
    .
    Now take your stupid, frigging Repub "The Dems don't have a plan" talking point and just keep repeating it.

    That is not a plan, there is nothing there that says this is how we are going to accomplish anything.

    Set goals, nice but what goals, how to reach, secondary plan
    Promote energy efficiency, who does not do that
    Recruit service members, how, what incentive, where does funding come from
    Invest in equipment, where does this money come from
    Better pay, from what pot of money
    Fund all healthcare by rescinding tax cuts, use my tax to pay your healthcare?
    Focus on seniors and vets, in what manner, how, where is the funding
    Involve other nations, how about starting by involving the party itself
    Denounce the threat of pre-emption You are kidding right, telling the terrorist if you don't blow up NY we won't continue to hunt down terorist, telling Iran and N. korea that they can continue tobuild their WMD until you strike us and then we will retaliate if possible.

    Still no plan, sorry. I wish I could look at this and say, hey theres an idea that might make sense, but not what I read here.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    That is not a plan, there is nothing there that says this is how we are going to accomplish anything.

    Set goals, nice but what goals, how to reach, secondary plan
    Promote energy efficiency, who does not do that
    Recruit service members, how, what incentive, where does funding come from
    Invest in equipment, where does this money come from
    Better pay, from what pot of money
    Fund all healthcare by rescinding tax cuts, use my tax to pay your healthcare?
    Focus on seniors and vets, in what manner, how, where is the funding
    Involve other nations, how about starting by involving the party itself
    Denounce the threat of pre-emption You are kidding right, telling the terrorist if you don't blow up NY we won't continue to hunt down terorist, telling Iran and N. korea that they can continue tobuild their WMD until you strike us and then we will retaliate if possible.

    Still no plan, sorry. I wish I could look at this and say, hey theres an idea that might make sense, but not what I read here.
    I'm not going to go over a past election detail by detail. The Dem candidate did that and was accused of being "too complex". The American people responded, barely, to sound bites and smoke and mirrors.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    On Defense:
    Opposes NMD, supports nonproliferation and arms control

    Recruit more service members; start Community Defense Svc.

    Invest in new equipment, technology; offer better pay, benefits


    Environment:
    Promotes clean, renewable fuel sources, especially ethanol

    Set goals, incentives to reduce dependence on fossil fuels

    Push new gas requirements, hybrid cars, hydrogen fuel


    On Healthcare:
    Close loopholes; financial incentives to lower drug costs

    Fund all health care by rescinding tax cuts, cutting waste

    Tighten rules on drug companies; focus on seniors, vets

    Let people buy into govt. system, fund by reversing Tax cuts


    International Policy:
    Involve other nations more in Iraqi rebuilding, security

    Denounces threat of pre-emption; would seek global consensus

    Boost international efforts to secure peace, beat al Qaeda

    etc
    .
    .
    .
    etc
    .
    .
    .
    etc
    .
    .
    .
    Now take your stupid, frigging Repub "The Dems don't have a plan" talking point and just keep repeating it.
    "Opposes NMD, supports nonproliferation and arms control"= We want to secure our nation with paper agreements with dictators and tyrants.

    "Invest in new equipment, technology; offer better pay, benefits" =We want to turn the military into a welfare program.

    "Fund all health care by rescinding tax cuts, cutting waste"=We want a socialist health care system.

    "Let people buy into govt. system, fund by reversing Tax cuts"=We want people to "buy in" to a government healthcare system...just like they "buy in" to the government retirement system (Which is going bankrupt.)

    "Involve other nations more in Iraqi rebuilding, security"=We want to kiss the **** of nations that have done everything to undercut us at every turn in the War on Terror.

    "Denounces threat of pre-emption; would seek global consensus"=We don't recognize the US as an exceptional nation since we are the moral equivalent of dictators.

    "Boost international efforts to secure peace, beat al Qaeda"=The US needs to argue from a postion of weakness at every turn. We're never in the right, ESPECIALLY when there is a Republican in office.

    Etc, etc, etc. indeed. I really REALLY hope the Dems run on this "platform". They lose even more power.
  5. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I'm not going to go over a past election detail by detail. The Dem candidate did that and was accused of being "too complex". The American people responded, barely, to sound bites and smoke and mirrors.
    OK, I just thought the Dems had a plan, that's all. I would hope that the dems realize they lost the last election and upgrade their platform. It appears that you are satisfied with a plan (?) that has failed in the past.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  6. naivete's Avatar
    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
       #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It's a Wiki-Off!

    Hackett on October 24, 2005, announced he would seek the Democratic nomination to challenge incumbent United States Senator Mike DeWine after rejecting a second run against Schmidt. Sherrod Brown, a congressman from northern Ohio and two-term Ohio Secretary of State, had rejected efforts by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee to recruit him to the race in the summer of 2005 and had on August 17 publicly declared he would not run. But after Hackett's announcement, Brown changed his mind and declared he would run, angering Hackett who claimed Brown had promised him he would stay out of the race, a claim Brown denies.

    On February 13, 2006, Hackett announced that he was withdrawing from the race and ending his political career. Hackett told the New York Times that Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid and New York Senator Chuck Schumer recently had asked him to withdraw. He further contends that Schumer sabotaged his fundraising efforts and actively worked against his campaign [2]. Hackett said, "For me, this is a second betrayal...first, my government misused and mismanaged the military in Iraq, and now my own party is afraid to support candidates like me." [3]

    One issue Hackett faced in his campaign is the status of his Marine Corps Reserve unit, which may deploy back to Iraq during the campaign. Hackett had said he expected to return to Iraq in 2006. [4]

    I don't know what was said in private, but I do know that Brown will have Hackett for lunch in a primary.
    I don't know what's a Wiki-Off, but what I'm reading from you is that Wiki-Off's are just opinions, not facts. Are you saying that the stuff in Wikipedia doesn't get verified at some point? And how can you be so sure that Brown would beat Hackett in a primary?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    I don't know what's a Wiki-Off, but what I'm reading from you is that Wiki-Off's are just opinions, not facts. Are you saying that the stuff in Wikipedia doesn't get verified at some point? And how can you be so sure that Brown would beat Hackett in a primary?
    Brown is an experienced season politician.

    Re: "Are you saying that the stuff in Wikipedia doesn't get verified at some point?"
    Um, where have you been the past few weeks?
    Clicky.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    OK, I just thought the Dems had a plan, that's all. I would hope that the dems realize they lost the last election and upgrade their platform. It appears that you are satisfied with a plan (?) that has failed in the past.
    What plan are you referring to?
  9. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    What plan are you referring to?
    The one you attempted to lay out, then refused to provide details of when questioned and stated

    "I'm not going to go over a past election detail by detail"

    Is there another one?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    The one you attempted to lay out, then refused to provide details of when questioned and stated

    "I'm not going to go over a past election detail by detail"

    Is there another one?
    I was referring to the 2004 election plan details. They were covered in full during the election. If you missed them it's because you wanted to or you prefer a sound-bite because detailed planning is too complicated for you. You choose.

    If you want 2006 election plan details, they are forthcoming.
  11. #31  
    btw Hackett is on AirAmerica right now:
    Listen Here.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I was referring to the 2004 election plan details. They were covered in full during the election. If you missed them it's because you wanted to or you prefer a sound-bite because detailed planning is too complicated for you. You choose.

    If you want 2006 election plan details, they are forthcoming.
    More classic libthink. If you don't agree with what we're saying, you're just too stupid to understand it. Vote for us anyway and we'll take care of you.

    It is fun responding to DA's posts knowing that he'll never see them. Simply because I think he's a liar when he said he cared about the US military.
  13. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I was referring to the 2004 election plan details. They were covered in full during the election. If you missed them it's because you wanted to or you prefer a sound-bite because detailed planning is too complicated for you. You choose.

    If you want 2006 election plan details, they are forthcoming.
    Oh, my mistake. I thought the plan you posted was to be used for this year.
    Especially with your end statement of
    "Now take your stupid, frigging Repub "The Dems don't have a plan" talking point and just keep repeating it."

    Maybe it should have read did'nt have a plan in 04, and still don't in 06.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  14. #34  
    Earring got your nose? Why so angry?

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    If you missed them it's because you wanted to or you prefer a sound-bite because detailed planning is too complicated for you. You choose.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Earring got your nose? Why so angry?
    Actually, if you want to know, my nipple ring got a bit tweaked. See my girlfriend was ...
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    See my girlfriend was ...
    ....hmmmm, what is..."Frustrated", Alex?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Actually, if you want to know, my nipple ring got a bit tweaked. See my girlfriend was ...
    OOH OOH, I like these games, you know where someone starts a story and others take over, so here goes

    at some other guys house and when I found out I jumped up and caught my ring on the corner of the table. The table turned over and spilled.....

    someone else's turn
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    OOH OOH, I like these games, you know where someone starts a story and others take over, so here goes

    at some other guys house and when I found out I jumped up and caught my ring on the corner of the table. The table turned over and spilled.....

    someone else's turn
    I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    OOH OOH, I like these games, you know where someone starts a story and others take over, so here goes

    at some other guys house and when I found out I jumped up and caught my ring on the corner of the table. The table turned over and spilled.....

    someone else's turn
    BWAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    On Defense:
    Opposes NMD, supports nonproliferation and arms control
    How are you going to provide arms control when you have countries like Russia selling weapons to terrorist nations without any way to track them?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaThomas
    Recruit more service members; start Community Defense Svc.

    Invest in new equipment, technology; offer better pay, benefits
    I like these ideas, but everytime the Democrats control things, the military is the FIRST thing they cut. How do the leaders of the Democratic party propose to pay for this?

    I believe we should cut/eliminate welfare to pay for it. The men and women in the military make almost nothing, but they serve the country and are willing to risk their very lives for the freedom and prosperity of this nation, while being told by the Democratic leaders and the news media that they are fighting a useless/unjust war. Meanwhile, people on welfare contribute NOTHING and serve no one, yet they get pandered to all the time. Then they have the neve to say what they get isn't enough and it's the fault of the people who actually work for a living that they're in that situation. Get off your @$$e$ and work for a living and contribute to society.


    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    On Healthcare:
    Close loopholes; financial incentives to lower drug costs

    Fund all health care by rescinding tax cuts, cutting waste

    Tighten rules on drug companies; focus on seniors, vets

    Let people buy into govt. system, fund by reversing Tax cuts
    They tried this idea already and everyone rejected it! Remember Hillary's healthcare debacle? We don't want a socialist run healthcare program.

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Now take your stupid, frigging Repub "The Dems don't have a plan" talking point and just keep repeating it.
    I know you live in Seattle and are probably overloaded on coffee, but man you need to relax some. I'll just assume you're having a bad day, since you found your girlfriend at some other guys house.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions