Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Somehow I'm now getting offers for free trials on Rhapsody and Emusic, now that I started looking for an MP3 player online. I also got an offer for Yahoo/Jukebox Music a few weeks ago. I thought I had my spyware blocker turned on.

Are either of these any good? Or should I just stick with iTunes? Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    itunes only if u have an ipod. prior to me deciding on itunes, I checked out yahoo which was an unlimited monthly service.
  3.    #3  
    So does iTunes make it so you have to download to your computer or an iPod ONLY? I thought I heard that somewhere, but I'm not sure.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Stay away from Phapsody. Their software created many problems with my computer, and their proprietary format for online MP3 purchases would not work with my Creative Jukebox player. Most annyingly, their tech support could not solve the problem and they wouldn't refund my money for the mp3's I bought to transfer to my player. Good riddance!
    I wanna download music to burn on CDs for my car. I heard iTunes downloads in a format for iPod only. Cannot burn on CDs.
    Suggestions?
    Oh, and if there is a service that has Japanese and / or Arabic music (ie: broad selection) I would love that.
    You can burn cd's with itunes. But itunes does not have an unlimited plan for listening. You can only use it to listen to your own music or music you purchase from them at 99 cents a song or about 9.99 an album.
    You can download and look through their online store free of charge. Not sure of their arabic or japanese selection.
    itunes is very intuitive, but it is for an ipod only - does not utilize in a mp3 format, I think they call is aac(?) format.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    So does iTunes make it so you have to download to your computer or an iPod ONLY? I thought I heard that somewhere, but I'm not sure.
    You can burn CD's with itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by redbelt
    I wanna download music to burn on CDs for my car. I heard iTunes downloads in a format for iPod only. Cannot burn on CDs.
    Suggestions?
    Oh, and if there is a service that has Japanese and / or Arabic music (ie: broad selection) I would love that.
    For a subscription service, I use Napster. It's integrated into Windows Media Player (so there's not another program I need to download) unlike Yahoo. I like it a lot and would highly recommend it. I don't download files that I have to pay a per-song fee for. I don't want to have to rebuy them all over again if my computer dies/gets stolen, the company goes out of business...
    I use Napster2Go and PTunes for both my Treo listening and for my laptop. It works well, syncs great, and I like the automated playlist feature where it generates a 'radio station' based on what I have in my library.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    For a subscription service, I use Napster. It's integrated into Windows Media Player (so there's not another program I need to download) unlike Yahoo. I like it a lot and would highly recommend it. I don't download files that I have to pay a per-song fee for. I don't want to have to rebuy them all over again if my computer dies/gets stolen, the company goes out of business...
    I forgot about Napster. Thanks for reminding me! Maybe it's because they were about the only one not giving away "offers".

I forgot about Napster. Thanks for reminding me! Maybe it's because they were about the only one not giving away "offers".
    They don't have any offers, but a one month subscription for $15 is a cheap way to see if you like the model. I tried it out, and never stopped. I love it.
  14.    #14  
    I believe I will give them a try!

But also, does anyone know anything about Emusic?

i use rhapsody to go with my treo for $15 a month
    best deal ever for unlimited music
    several regular phones -> sidekick 2 -> treo 650 -> hopefully 700p
    i have a magical link for free Limewire PRO.....

*runs and hides from the anti-piracy people*

Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  17.    #17  
    I've seen references to that site on another board. Isn't that a "download at your own risk" site? I hear people get movies and everything off there.

I've seen references to that site on another board. Isn't that a "download at your own risk" site? I hear people get movies and everything off there.
    the software isnt illegal. sharing copyrighted stuff like movies with limewire is illegal. it is at your own risk. ill admit i have used it to download full movies and most of my MP3s in the past. PRO has NO spyware and is incredibly fast.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    easynews
    well a bit off topic but what is the best p2p software out there. By the best I mean most content available to download. Also I heard it is only illegal to share your music but it is fully legal to download others. Is true?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast