Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    well a bit off topic but what is the best p2p software out there. By the best I mean most content available to download. Also I heard it is only illegal to share your music but it is fully legal to download others. Is true?
    Limewire is p2p. and its the best. kaaza is nice but comes with lots of spyware.

and the reports of people getting in trouble were all for uploading and sharing copyrighted material. not downloading it.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    Limewire is p2p. and its the best. kaaza is nice but comes with lots of spyware.

and the reports of people getting in trouble were all for uploading and sharing copyrighted material. not downloading it.

anyone can PM a link to the pro version of limewire?
    I'm with CPcrazyfly, LIMEWIRE is awesome and ez. Want to get more obsure, try SHAREAZA, the free version, connects to more and can use torrents but seems to be slower for me.
    BitTorrent or Limewire for P2P, Rhapsody for legal music downloads.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    anyone can PM a link to the pro version of limewire?
    sent
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    For p2p music I use Soulseek (www.slsk-net.org). Seems to have most mainstream stuff and a lot of off the wall obscure items as well.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    BitTorrent or Limewire for P2P, Rhapsody for legal music downloads.

I've heard of BitTorrent too.

BTW, anyone know if what Treoneo says is true? Why is it illegal to share music, but not to download? I think since people are getting sued for downloading, that MAY not be true.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    You can burn CD's with itunes.
    Didn't know that.
    But still, I would prefer MP3s so I can whip them into ringtones too...
    Unless.. I burn aac into CDs then extract them from CDA to MP3!

God I sound like a geek!
    the people who have been sued have been using these p2p programs. but in like 90% of the cases its been for uploading (sharing) copyrighted material. we even had a student here at MT get busted for uploading (sharing) copyrighted music on kaaza, from a campus computer.
    technically I guess its illegal to download shared copyrighted material too...but programs like Limewire have MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people using them every day. and u don't hear of many getting in trouble
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Get eMule, it searches edonkey and Kazaa.
    I disagree. u want NOTHING to do with Kaaza. the spyware alone will rip your computer apart.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    If you are the official website moderator for those guys, then how come you misspelled DARNELL Dockett's name?
    I'm back!
    its called a typo...but I'm surprised anyone caught it...nobody knows who he is.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Get eMule, it searches edonkey and Kazaa.
    I believe about all that's left is the gnutella network for P2P. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    its called a typo...but I'm surprised anyone caught it...nobody knows who he is.
    Someone who's not the "average" football fan would know who he is.
    I'm back!
    If you want legal MP3s for cheap you cannot go wrong with www.allofmp3.com

100% legal music. I have never paid more the $2 for an entire album

Timmay

But if you are feeling a little pissed at Sony there's always Bittorrent and torrentspy.com or thepiratebay.org
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    and the download is in mp3 format? it is protected content?
    I don't believe they are protected, but they are MP3.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    well I'm no average fan...i know who he is. I wouldn't be a part of his site if I didnt.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    If you want legal MP3s for cheap you cannot go wrong with www.allofmp3.com

100% legal music. I have never paid more the $2 for an entire album

Timmay

But if you are feeling a little pissed at Sony there's always Bittorrent and torrentspy.com or thepiratebay.org
    Thanks, I may try them too!

Got one question though. For my own CDs, do I need to use some kind of music program to convert them to MP3 on my computer?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast