Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 102
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    I'd rather go hunting with Cheney that ride in a car with Teddy K.
    Ouch.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    And I'm not sure I'd call this hunting. They were on a "private game preserve," with half tame animals that are probably so used to human contact they have no sense of fear. These "game preserves" are an abomination. If people want to hunt, let them seek out real game, in the real wild.
    I think any sport where you have no chance of "losing" isn't a sport.....go bear hunting with a Bowie Knife...now that's a sport.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I think any sport where you have no chance of "losing" isn't a sport.....go bear hunting with a Bowie Knife...now that's a sport.
    When you're enjoying your next burger reflect upon the chances that cow had when it made its last walk into the slaughter house.
  4. #24  
    I thought I heard they were quail hunting and the other guy walked right in front of the VP (he took some pellets in the face and chest.)

    Now the Presidential Press Corp. are freaking out on McClellan :-( because they werent told first.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I thought I heard they were quail hunting and the other guy walked right in front of the VP (he took some pellets in the face and chest.)

    Now the Presidential Press Corp. are freaking out on McClellan :-( because they werent told first.
    It looks as if 'Crash Cart' could be fined.





  6.    #26  
    A quick 'Wow' factor for the internet. Amazing the VP of the USA shoots someone and we 'nobody's' (no offense nrg )can pull it off of the internet!

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    It looks as if 'Crash Cart' could be fined.

  7. #27  
    Everybody never mind...false alarm...no matter what reports have stated it has not been determined that the accident should never have taken place as the reports about the weapon was actually based on false intelligence, so it appears that the weapon never existed in the first place.
  8. #28  
    I can't believe this. A man was shot and the news media is outraged because they weren't informed first.
  9. #29  
    I think they were bent out of place because the person that VP Cheney asked to report it did it though a small town paper and not the normal press corps.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  10. #30  
    Sheriff was notified by phone due to incompatability of radio equipment. I guess those billions in Homeland Security dollars are being used wisely. The Vice-President can't reach the local Sheriff.
  11. #31  
    If this had happened to Algore or- and thank God this will never happen- John Edwards, do you really think there would be such a halla baloo in the press? Cheney cannot do anything without being characterized as darkly sinister and evil by the mainstream press. Sickening.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I thought I heard they were quail hunting
    Dan Quail, the former VP? What's the point in shooting him now?








    P.S.: Yes, I do know the former VP's name is not REALLY spelt that way...
    Last edited by clulup; 02/14/2006 at 08:47 AM.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  13. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    If this had happened to Algore or- and thank God this will never happen- John Edwards, do you really think there would be such a halla baloo in the press? Cheney cannot do anything without being characterized as darkly sinister and evil by the mainstream press. Sickening.
    You conservatives always run on what ifs. That is sickening!
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Dan Quail, the former VP? What's the point in shooting him now?
    OK...that made me laugh
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    When you're enjoying your next burger reflect upon the chances that cow had when it made its last walk into the slaughter house.
    I don't think anyone calls slaughtering cows a "sport." If want sport, try hunting wild turkey.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Sheriff was notified by phone due to incompatability of radio equipment. I guess those billions in Homeland Security dollars are being used wisely. The Vice-President can't reach the local Sheriff.
    Yes, absolutely. Fox News and Rush and his crowd would have a field day. Saying it was proof that the dems were incompetent, and how could someone who couldn't even handle a gun run the military, etc., etc.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  17. #37  
    Just a couple of points:

    Based on what I'm reading and hearing today, Cheney did not "ask" the owner of the hunting lodge to notify the press. She told Cheney she was going to, and he said OK. There was no effort by the White House or the Veep to notify anyone (other than the sherrif).

    Some people seem to be trying to say it's not Cheney's fault at all, because the other hunter walked into Cheney's line of fire. While that's true, it's a long standing principle of hunting, taught in every hunting safety class I've ever seen and every NRA course in weapons handling, the the shooter is responsible, always, for determining what is in his line of fire, both in front of and behind his target. So while the shooting victim should have probably announced himself, Cheney should have been more aware of what he was doing.

    Finally, on a more serious note, Cheney's a criminal, too. He failed to purchase the proper fowl hunting stamp. He got off with only a warning. (Think you or I would have only gotten a warning?)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    You conservatives always run on what ifs. That is sickening!
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Yes, absolutely. Fox News and Rush and his crowd would have a field day. Saying it was proof that the dems were incompetent, and how could someone who couldn't even handle a gun run the military, etc., etc.
    NRG is right, damn right wing Whack-o's and their what ifs!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    NRG is right, damn right wing Whack-o's and their what ifs!
    Is guess the part 'sickening', was a little too far out. But I hate hypothetical, from either side.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    When you're enjoying your next burger reflect upon the chances that cow had when it made its last walk into the slaughter house.
    I doubt the dude working in the slaughterhouse thinks of his job as a "sport".

    Besides, I "enjoyed" my last burger 33 years ago. Been a vegetarian since my 18th birthday.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions