Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    except this time it's an ex CIA officer who is saying it.

------------------
    Intelligence, Policy,and the War in Iraq
    Summary: During the run-up to the invasion of Iraq, writes the intelligence community's former senior analyst for the Middle East, the Bush administration disregarded the community's expertise, politicized the intelligence process, and selected unrepresentative raw intelligence to make its public case.

PAUL R. PILLAR is on the faculty of the Security Studies Program at Georgetown University. Concluding a long career in the Central Intelligence Agency, he served as National Intelligence Officer for the Near East and South Asia from 2000 to 2005.

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/200603...r-in-iraq.html

"In the wake of the Iraq war, it has become clear that official intelligence analysis was not relied on in making even the most significant national security decisions, that intelligence was misused publicly to justify decisions already made, that damaging ill will developed between policymakers and intelligence officers, and that the intelligence community's own work was politicized. As the national intelligence officer responsible for the Middle East from 2000 to 2005, I witnessed all of these disturbing developments."
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    ... I doubt history will be very kind to this administration.
    beating an dead horse... this won't help the Dems in 2006. They need another issue if they want to win anything...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    "In the wake of the Iraq war, it has become clear that official intelligence analysis was not relied on in making even the most significant national security decisions, that intelligence was misused publicly to justify decisions already made, that damaging ill will developed between policymakers and intelligence officers, and that the intelligence community's own work was politicized. As the national intelligence officer responsible for the Middle East from 2000 to 2005, I witnessed all of these disturbing developments."
    Time will tell, but this reeks of someone trying to cover his rear with an "I told you so" ex post facto...

Why speak up now? There've been umpteen investigations, all of which have found precisely the opposite of what this guy says. Unless he's got some actual evidence, he's just another lifer from CIA with sour grapes.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Book sales must be slow for him.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    I think his book is yet to be released. He probably could not write (or say) anything until he left CIA (in 2005). Even then, it takes time for the book to be cleared by internal review (redacting etc).

As for beating a dead horse. .. it is a horse worth beating. And if despite that the people choose the stable hands that killed the horse .. well, we deserve who we elect.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I think his book is yet to be released. He probably could not write (or say) anything until he left CIA (in 2005). Even then, it takes time for the book to be cleared by internal review (redacting etc).

As for beating a dead horse. .. it is a horse worth beating. And if despite that the people choose the stable hands that killed the horse .. well, we deserve who we elect.
    Terrorism and US Foreign Policy was released pre 9/11.

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    I stand corrected. His piece for Foreign Affairs is independent of his book. I originally thought that the recent essay was excerpted from his book.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    But he testified previously about self-censorship at CIA - now he's claiming "that official intelligence analysis was not relied on in making even the most significant national security decisions"

So I wonder which version is true - the one he gave under oath or the one he's getting paid to sell in his book.
    Or, you might consider the remote possibility you're wrong.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  10.    #10  
    We'll always deserve who we elect
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I can't argue with that.
  12.    #12  
    a 40 minute interview with Pillar is on Fresh Air (NPR)

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...n.php?prgId=13
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Good God you are right about that. That's why we're in hell now....can't trust a Republican... God this country needs an enima.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Good God you are right about that. That's why we're in hell now....can't trust a Republican... God this country needs an enima.

Last time the country was given an enima Clinton came out Sorry could'nt resist. Get off the party bandwagon and look at the issues.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    That's why we're in hell now....
    A bit dramatic, are we?
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Last time the country was given an enima Clinton came out Sorry could'nt resist. Get off the party bandwagon and look at the issues.
    Can I get an official time on that?
    Ladies and gentlemen! We have a new Republican record!!! A maximum of 13 posts were reached before Clnton's name was spoken! Congratulations!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Can I get an official time on that?
    Ladies and gentlemen! We have a new Republican record!!! A maximum of 13 posts were reached before Clnton's name was spoken! Congratulations!
    Yep, even if it was in jest and only 7 posts after a derogatory comment on current administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    ...current administration.
    Exactly.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Exactly.
    Did you assume I meant Bill and not Hillary?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    beating an dead horse... this won't help the Dems in 2006. They need another issue if they want to win anything...

with the media on the GOP side, and the supreme court and who knows who else... The dems need a miracle!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast