Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 92
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    All who serve, Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve.

    You should not pick on poor old Bill like that, just cause he left the country does not mean he would not have fought if they found him.
    Saw that one coming.....

    I would prefer to not throw around superlatives like "hero" unless they actually earned it. My father-in-law was in Vietnam, did 2 tours with the Marines, knowing him, I'm sure he wouldn't want to be called a hero, he did his job. Most people probably feel that way.

    To call John Kerry a hero is a stretch.
    I'm back!
  2.    #42  
    The Defense Dept. didn't think so. Didn't he win medals or something?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    The Defense Dept. didn't think so. Didn't he win medals or something?
    Since he gave them back (or wait, did he not give them back? I can't remember, he's changed his story so many times), I'm guessing he didn't think he earned them.
    I'm back!
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    ...I'm guessing he didn't think he earned them.
    just like your father-in-law feels about being called a hero?
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  5.    #45  
    Even if JK doesn't think he is a hero, the people who did haven't taken the medals back. They still think he is one.

    You are on pretty shakey grounds deying the heroism of a award-winning veteran.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  6. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Saw that one coming.....

    I would prefer to not throw around superlatives like "hero" unless they actually earned it. My father-in-law was in Vietnam, did 2 tours with the Marines, knowing him, I'm sure he wouldn't want to be called a hero, he did his job. Most people probably feel that way.

    To call John Kerry a hero is a stretch.
    A hero is in the eye of the person who considers them a hero, not in the individual considered a hero. In my view all who serve our country are worthy of the title hero. You can have whoever you want as your hero, and I will have mine.

    Did John Kerry serve, then he is worthy of being considered a hero in his service to our country.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    just like your father-in-law feels about being called a hero?
    Maybe. But that goes back to my point about Kerry not being a hero.
    I'm back!
  8. #48  
    I have no problem with anyone dodging the military in the vietnam era or not wanting to enlist now. It's another issue to lie about it or hide it.

    But Kerry did go and later was part of a movement to end the war... and that was a bad thing??? We are talking Vietnam here....we lost that war and we are still fighting a war now that has a yet undetermined ending.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    A hero is in the eye of the person who considers them a hero, not in the individual considered a hero. In my view all who serve our country are worthy of the title hero. You can have whoever you want as your hero, and I will have mine.

    Did John Kerry serve, then he is worthy of being considered a hero in his service to our country.

    I feel exactly the same way...
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    A hero is in the eye of the person who considers them a hero, not in the individual considered a hero. In my view all who serve our country are worthy of the title hero. You can have whoever you want as your hero, and I will have mine.
    Touché.

    But don't confuse my unwillingness to throw around the word "hero" with my gratefulness to those who have fought (and died) for their country.
    I'm back!
  11. #51  
    Well the clowns with the "Swift Boat" said he wasn't even there. Then they changed their minds when G.W. called Kerry a hero. Just because he gave his medals back for something he didn't believe in doesn't make him any less of a hero. He changed his mind "so" many times right? Well at least he's in his right mind...unlike G.W. My older brothers are hero's even though they don't consider themselves that. They'd also kick my @$$ for calling them that. One in Afganistan and one in Iraq are in a war in which we'll never win. As I stated before I fully back up our military I just don't support the war.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  12. #52  
    Wolf....just curious on your standings....

    do you support the war in Afg?

    Would support a war with Iran if they continue to persue nukes and all other measures fail?

    Where you for or against Reagan as he lead the cold war?
  13. #53  
    Well for one I was a kid during the Regan administration. I support a war when the findings are actually just. This is how I look at things. We as in the US, can have nukes...fine. The rest of the world no. You think the rest of the world thinks its fair just because we're the biggest on the block? I know Russia as broken and battered as they are still have their nukes. Do I wish we needed nukes? No. As for my support the war in Afg, I support my brothers. I hope we get Osama, God you don't know how bad I'd like to get him, but will we? No. Right now I'm scared in the sense that the U.S. has always decided to play Police Officer of all nations...I'm scared about N.Korea and Iran. I'm scared that we're thining out our forces over seas leaving us open for attack on our ports. I'm very scared from this administration. I'm scared about what will happen if we have a huge natural disaster somewhere else, are people going to be treated the same way, or not really cared for like Gulf Coast. I'm scared about my retirement of course I'm only 28 years old. I'm worried about my "Guaranteed" retirement, of course I don't pay into Social Security the State Government I work for pays int PERA. I'm not the type to scare easily. I shouldn't be hateful with Bush but I'm really not happy about how the administration is running the country. So hopefully that sheds a little light on my views, as radical as they are. But I'm a truthful man and I stand by my views.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  14. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Well for one I was a kid during the Regan administration. I support a war when the findings are actually just. This is how I look at things. We as in the US, can have nukes...fine. The rest of the world no. You think the rest of the world thinks its fair just because we're the biggest on the block? I know Russia as broken and battered as they are still have their nukes. Do I wish we needed nukes? No. As for my support the war in Afg, I support my brothers. I hope we get Osama, God you don't know how bad I'd like to get him, but will we? No. Right now I'm scared in the sense that the U.S. has always decided to play Police Officer of all nations...I'm scared about N.Korea and Iran. I'm scared that we're thining out our forces over seas leaving us open for attack on our ports. I'm very scared from this administration. I'm scared about what will happen if we have a huge natural disaster somewhere else, are people going to be treated the same way, or not really cared for like Gulf Coast. I'm scared about my retirement of course I'm only 28 years old. I'm worried about my "Guaranteed" retirement, of course I don't pay into Social Security the State Government I work for pays int PERA. I'm not the type to scare easily. I shouldn't be hateful with Bush but I'm really not happy about how the administration is running the country. So hopefully that sheds a little light on my views, as radical as they are. But I'm a truthful man and I stand by my views.
    The one thing that really caught my attention was your statement of thinning our forces overseas. If you look at the last several adminstrations you will find that the Democrats thinned the ranks (men and material) while the republicans normally added to the ranks.

    One other curious comment was about the guaranteed retirement. Is that something your state gov't provides? Social security was never intended to be a retirement plan in and of itself, it should be used to augment your retirement planning. If you or anyone, is planning on SS as retirement you have been mislead by someone.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  15. #55  
    Mislead by money taken from my paycheck put away for retirement purposes? Mislead in the sense that we have no way of paying back SS? Hmmm...what options do we have? Don't say investments because thats a crock right there. What options do we have? Okay explain the Disaster recovery for Katrina? Exlpain why President Bush was unaware of the pending sale of shipping operations at six major U.S. seaports to a state-owned business in the United Arab Emirates until the deal already had been approved by his administration. And we should trust his administration why??? We should trust our Intelligence because of why??? But I'm the one thats' mislead....I know enough, especially when its thrown in your face day after day. It doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  16. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Mislead by money taken from my paycheck put away for retirement purposes? Mislead in the sense that we have no way of paying back SS? Hmmm...what options do we have? Don't say investments because thats a crock right there. What options do we have? Okay explain the Disaster recovery for Katrina? Exlpain why President Bush was unaware of the pending sale of shipping operations at six major U.S. seaports to a state-owned business in the United Arab Emirates until the deal already had been approved by his administration. And we should trust his administration why??? We should trust our Intelligence because of why??? But I'm the one thats' mislead....I know enough, especially when its thrown in your face day after day. It doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
    Just a little angry are we. SS has never been a retirement plan, it is to supplement your plan.

    Katrina? Start with the city, then the state and then federal.

    Ports.... I do not see a problem, it was owned by a foreign company alrready
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  17. #57  
    Do I sound a bit angry...good, I can be because its my right.

    Okay so then why are even the Republicans so worried about this "handover"? Oh and Bush not knowing until the plans were ready to be handed over...you still didn't answer why we should trust this administration or why should we trust our intelligence under a man that doesn't know his right from his left? Thought so. Name something Bush actually did wrong? Besides everything from the start of his first term....or are you going to be like him and claim to be perfect?
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  18. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Do I sound a bit angry...good, I can be because its my right.

    Okay so then why are even the Republicans so worried about this "handover"? Oh and Bush not knowing until the plans were ready to be handed over...you still didn't answer why we should trust this administration or why should we trust our intelligence under a man that doesn't know his right from his left? Thought so. Name something Bush actually did wrong? Besides everything from the start of his first term....or are you going to be like him and claim to be perfect?
    The hand over from one foreign company to another is now political, that's all I see on the issue now, it is a sell from company to company of port operations.
    Why should we not trust the administration? We have not been attacked in our country since 9/11, our economy is growing (even with the natural disasters that you would pin on the administration if you could), our military has high morale.
    Our intelligence agencies are doing their job in spite of the media trying to make it more difficult for them.
    Bush is not perfect, his nomination of Harriet Miers was a blunder, the aftermath of Katrina could have been handled better at all levels of gov't.
    If you could have an open mind you would hear him say he has made mistakes, but you seem to be unable to accept anything without spinning it into a political democrat vs republican issue.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    The hand over from one foreign company to another is now political, that's all I see on the issue now, it is a sell from company to company of port operations.
    Both Dems and republicans are against it... how is this political?

    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Why should we not trust the administration? We have not been attacked in our country since 9/11, our economy is growing.
    How does this compare to the Clinton administration? That's 9/11/01. Poor reasoning here... but hold that thought for another 3 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    our military has high morale.
    compared to what? Vietnam? Desert Storm? 3 years ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Our intelligence agencies are doing their job in spite of the media trying to make it more difficult for them.
    I don't know what the CIA or the NSA is doing... do you? (I may know how...)

    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Bush is not perfect, his nomination of Harriet Miers was a blunder, the aftermath of Katrina could have been handled better at all levels of gov't.
    If you could have an open mind you would hear him say he has made mistakes, but you seem to be unable to accept anything without spinning it into a political democrat vs republican issue.
    True... nobody's perfect.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  20. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Both Dems and republicans are against it... how is this political?



    How does this compare to the Clinton administration? That's 9/11/01. Poor reasoning here... but hold that thought for another 3 years.



    compared to what? Vietnam? Desert Storm? 3 years ago?



    I don't know what the CIA or the NSA is doing... do you? (I may know how...)



    True... nobody's perfect.
    There is a foreign company running the ports now, the company was sold to another foreign company (both friendly to the US). If the new company poses a risk, why was there no uproar with the current foreign company? Are we now for profiling, normally those who are upset about the sell are upset because of racial profiling. I think this is just a political game.

    Who was comparing anything to Clinton? I simply stated that the administration had not shown me a reason to not trust them.

    Morale compared to the last 26 years that I have been involved with the military.

    Again, our intelligence agencies seem to have provided enough inforamtion to prevent further attacks on our soil.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions