Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 92
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    with the media on the GOP side, and the supreme court and who knows who else... The dems need a miracle!
    Probably more like a decent candidate.

    Maybe they'll roll out someone this year who's actually still alive.
    I'm back!
  2. #22  
    We'll see. The Democrats done it to themselves these past 6 years. I mean if good ol G.W. doesn't start WWIII then maybe we'll see a good Dem or two roll out. But I'm betting on WWIII.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    with the media on the GOP side
    Oh...thanks....I needed a good laugh this morning.

    Seriously though...I am not a dem or rep, but I have noted in general quite the opposite. The media seems to give dems a pass on stupid statements and then turn around and attack a rep for something a lot worse...or even on the same statement they gave a pass the dem a pass on. Nothing more than a personal observation.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    We'll see. The Democrats done it to themselves these past 6 years. I mean if good ol G.W. doesn't start WWIII then maybe we'll see a good Dem or two roll out. But I'm betting on WWIII.
    These are mutually exclusive, it's unfortunate that libs can't see that. Everything is Bush's fault, including their own inability to roll out a decent Presidential candidate. But hey, it must be someone else's fault other than their own, right? They can't possibly be that inept.

    I'll take your bet though. I'll PM you where you can send the check.
    I'm back!
  5. #25  
    Okay Deal...Rupublicans still suck but so to Dems so really no one wins. Except me.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Okay Deal...Rupublicans still suck but so to Dems so really no one wins. Except me.
    No, you suck too.

    I'm back!
  7. #27  
    Up yours @$$ clown
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Oh...thanks....I needed a good laugh this morning.

    Seriously though...I am not a dem or rep, but I have noted in general quite the opposite. The media seems to give dems a pass on stupid statements and then turn around and attack a rep for something a lot worse...or even on the same statement they gave a pass the dem a pass on. Nothing more than a personal observation.
    Since when did you ever back the Democrats? I atleast admit I'm a Democrat, whether I bad mouth or what not. You have yet to say anything bad about the Republicans...so really thats crap!
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  9.    #29  
    Hobbes.. you are following the wrong media. No wonder you are so disturbed by this.

    I watch Fox, listen to talk radio and read the Washington Times and the Drudge.

    I don't see the problem that you are describing.

    I'm in bliss

    :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Since when did you ever back the Democrats? I atleast admit I'm a Democrat, whether I bad mouth or what not. You have yet to say anything bad about the Republicans...so really thats crap!
    Do a search.....I have always admitted I lean to the right, but not on everything and I am usually fairly balanced with looking at the facts and not any personal loyalties, since I don't have any with any party. I look at the man, not the party. I look at the facts at the time decisions were made, not hind sight judgment on how they should have acted with what we know now. I vote for the person, and have little regard for party. I have voted for several Dems in local and state positions when I felt that they were better for the job.

    I have posted several criticisms about the Bush admins, for example about the lousy job with our borders, with our points of entry, ignoring or even worse supporting illegal immigrants, Medicare, the handling of aspects of Iraq after we went in, etc....

    In spite of my personal dislike for the person, Bill Clinton, I have praised him several times for decisions he has made or accomplishments he was able do.

    I seem to mostly respond to the all or nothing or the ones that are blindly loyal in spite of facts posts. But it does seem there are more far left posts like that than extreme right. But there are several occasions I have been in full agreement with DaThomas or Barye. T2 and I have had long debates about various topics and sometimes I would agree with his side, sometimes he would agree with mine, and sometimes we recognize each other's point of view and respectfully disagree.

    I do not have problem admitting when I am wrong, which as Da can attest to, I have done several times over.

    I think there are others who might acknowledge that I am fairly mainstream and level headed in these discussions.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 02/22/2006 at 01:38 PM.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Up yours @$$ clown
    Nice!

    Now I'll revoke the smiley from my previous post. You really do suck.
    I'm back!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Nice!

    Now I'll revoke the smiley from my previous post. You really do suck.

    BWAHAHAHAHAH!
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Oh...thanks....I needed a good laugh this morning.

    Seriously though...I am not a dem or rep, but I have noted in general quite the opposite. The media seems to give dems a pass on stupid statements and then turn around and attack a rep for something a lot worse...or even on the same statement they gave a pass the dem a pass on. Nothing more than a personal observation.
    When I say media, I mean the publisher and/or editor. The writer and/or reporter are what the infantry is to the miitary. It's the people up top that control everything.

    The media destroyed Dukcaucas and Kerry. Just compare Bush's and Kerry's service record... and who got bashed more for it by the press? The decorated war hero against war.

    Writer write and reporter report. Then start barking up the wrong tree and their leash gets pulled.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    ...The decorated war hero against war...
    "Hero"???

    Have we lowered the bar that far?
    I'm back!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    BWAHAHAHAHAH!
    Was the smiley invisible?
    I'm back!
  16. #36  
    ...and removing that smiley was supposed to do what? Hurt my feelings? Here I'll play nice...for once.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    "Hero"???

    Have we lowered the bar that far?
    What percentage of current military men and women would you consider heros?

    Who should be considered heros:

    a) those who fight for our country
    b) Those who die fighting.
    c) Those that fight and are republican
    d) Those that fight and 20 years from now don't question our govenrments military action.
    e) all of the above
    f) nono of the above

    I should have added H) Those that dodge the military and later send our troops to war...
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    ...and removing that smiley was supposed to do what? Hurt my feelings? Here I'll play nice...for once.
    Oooooooh, scary!

    It apparently hurt your feelings when I said "No, you suck too", so who knows what the smiley removal might do to your fragile ego.
    I'm back!
  19. #39  
    yeah kind of thought you'd enjoy that...
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  20. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    What percentage of current military men and women would you consider heros?

    Who should be considered heros:

    a) those who fight for our country
    b) Those who die fighting.
    c) Those that fight and are republican
    d) Those that fight and 20 years from now don't question our govenrments military action.
    e) all of the above
    f) nono of the above

    I should have added H) Those that dodge the military and later send our troops to war...
    All who serve, Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve.

    You should not pick on poor old Bill like that, just cause he left the country does not mean he would not have fought if they found him.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions