1.    #1  
    Great town, reminded me a lot of New Orleans less the sleazy element and add teh ghey. I'll have to scan some of the shots of the Dry Tortugas National Park taken from a seaplane when I get my hands on a scanner.

Anyways, I was a little surprised at the anti-cell vibe. The bed and breakfast I stayed at didn't have phones in the room, and had strict rules about not using the mobile near the pool or common areas. A breakfast diner nearby also had signs on the tables that told you to take your call outside.

Has anyone else seen the no cell rule at businesses?
    Isn't that avatar picture of the sex offender Brian Peppers?
    Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 02/10/2006 at 04:54 PM.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Great find.
    Burnout is probabaly busy searching a new pic for his avatar.
    Yo what the hell happened to the guy's face?! He looks like a monster!
    That's a real picture???
    I thought he was a midget. I think that link is fake - that guy looks to cute to be a sex offender...
    Well it is infact a real picture. He has a disease known as Aperts disease. He is infact a Sex Offender. With me working with the Attorney General's Office I come across pictures and files all the time. He was arrested in Lucas County Ohio. He is infact real.
    That was disturbing...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    Great town, reminded me a lot of New Orleans less the sleazy element and add teh ghey. I'll have to scan some of the shots of the Dry Tortugas National Park taken from a seaplane when I get my hands on a scanner.

Anyways, I was a little surprised at the anti-cell vibe. The bed and breakfast I stayed at didn't have phones in the room, and had strict rules about not using the mobile near the pool or common areas. A breakfast diner nearby also had signs on the tables that told you to take your call outside.

Has anyone else seen the no cell rule at businesses?
    We go there almost twice a year. It is a great city, especially if you know where to look for some of the 'real' Key west. I would also like suggest something next time you go to Key West. Instead of flying directly to Key West, fly into Miami and rent a car to drive to Key West. I would take a two day drive and spend the night in Islamarado @ 'The Drop Anchor Resort'. It is really a beautiful drive.

As far as the no cell phone, I have head of this being done at a resort called Little Palm Island. They don't allow cell phones, they have no clocks, and no tvs. You weren't there were you?
    thanx big bad wolf. i learn something new..
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    We go there almost twice a year. It is a great city, especially if you know where to look for some of the 'real' Key west. I would also like suggest something next time you go to Key West. Instead of flying directly to Key West, fly into Miami and rent a car to drive to Key West. I would take a two day drive and spend the night in Islamarado @ 'The Drop Anchor Resort'. It is really a beautiful drive.

As far as the no cell phone, I have head of this being done at a resort called Little Palm Island. They don't allow cell phones, they have no clocks, and no tvs. You weren't there were you?
    You are right,!!

Key west has gotten very commercial over the years, it was much better 25 years ago!

The drive down is great, if you have time, go to everglades national park. Enhiga trail and the boat ride are great. 10 years ago, I wrangled a tour of the more restricted areas. The flora and funa blew me away.

Just make sure you use lots of super strenghth insect repelant, if you go to the everglades. It is a short distange off the veaten trail to key west. Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    What is everyone's favorite bar?

I like "The Bull"
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Dont have a favorite bar, but I enjoyed the following restaurants:

Louie's Backyard
    A & B Lobster
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    What is everyone's favorite bar?

I like "The Bull"
    The Green Parrot is not too bad. Also the bar on top of 'La Concha' hotel is great for sunsets. But by far and away the best bar is .............. 'Flying Monkeys/Fogarty's'.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Dont have a favorite bar, but I enjoyed the following restaurants:

Louie's Backyard
    A & B Lobster
    Louie's Backyard is great food!.
    If you want to go out of your way go via, the homestead area, (where huricane andrew hit), there is a place called "pot stickers", it is regional american cooking and one of the best places ever ate. I grew up an dlived in NYC for 38 years, I ate at most of the 5 star michelain rated places and Potstickers is right up there. It is not fancy, cutoffs or jeans are just fine, go hungry and you will enjoy it. They also offer approx 50 sides every day! You might also want to go to Joe's stone crab in the Miami area, it very well known and for good reason.

Most od the places to eat in Key west are tourist and very disappointing.

I cannot recommned bars, I cannto even remember the last time I was even in one. Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I have been to Joes on SoBe a few times. Great place- I like Christies in the Gables best though. The best ceaser salad in the world.

I would have never thought to go to homestead for anythingbut a race!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I used to live in pembroke Pines, and my field was Interior Plantscaping. There are more growers of Lrge floor plants int he homestead area than anywhere else in the world. Now I live near Apopka, which is the worls's largest growing area fo smaller foliage plants.

Joe's is great anyone who has never been should eat there at least once!