Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. jnjewlz's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
       #1  
    One for the thumb, baby. One for the thumb!
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
  2. #2  
    Yeah Baby. That was awsome. Ben was looking nervous. But we did it. Seattle makes grat coffee.......... Sports?????????
  3. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Yeah Baby. That was awsome. Ben was looking nervous. But we did it. Seattle makes grat coffee.......... Sports?????????
    Congrats to the steelers and their fans.

    Some of the calls???????

    Congrats are due though.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  4. #4  
    PENALTIES!!!!! UHHHGGGG!!!!!!

    Seattle was the their biggest enemy on the field, IMHO! They gave up a touchdown, a 1 to goal position, and a 10 to goal position.....all due to their own Penalties!!!!!!

    Add on top of that, two missed field goals!!!

    The Steelers did a great job, but Seattle won the game for them!
  5. #5  
    Congrats to the Steelers. (Damn made me jump on that band wagon) It's going to be a "Sleepless in Seattle" until next season.
  6. #6  
    Yeah penalties were real bad for Seattle. I don't see the Seahawks back there next year.
  7. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #7  
    Congrats.!
  8. #8  
    Woohooo!!!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Yeah penalties were real bad for Seattle. I don't see the Seahawks back there next year.
    Not with Mike Holgren. Time management at the end of both halves was the worst I ever seen.

    I was very much rootin for the bus and the Steelers but just kept waiting for Seattle to break out. I think they executed far better but all the breaks went Pitt's way. That shovel pass, the scramble pass / reception jugging act to the 3 and then the 1/4back dive to 3 hairs over the goal line was too much.

    From 7-5 to the SB....they are this year's Red Sox !
  10. #10  
    Duh ! Check this out

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02...al_sickie_day/

    Gee now I wonder why today is the most popular day for peeps to take sick days ????
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Duh ! Check this out

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02...al_sickie_day/

    Gee now I wonder why today is the most popular day for peeps to take sick days ????
    Um, I think that refers only to English workers and I don't think they were watching the Super Bowl.

    ("Pushing off" my a$$!!!)
  12. #12  
    I don't see the Steelers back there next year either...
  13. jnjewlz's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    I don't see the Steelers back there next year either...
    Well, that makes one of us. Steelers will be just fine this fall. We may loose Randel El and a lineman but we'll be in good shape to repeat. We have a young team with plenty of potential.

    Yeah, there were some bad calls, but that's part of the game. At some point, Seahawks, you have to CATCH THE STINKIN BALL. And the time management? Yikes, that was pitiful.

    Boring game, sorry commercials, wretched national anthem and the half time show - yikes. Who picks this stuff?
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnjewlz
    At some point, Seahawks, you have to CATCH THE STINKIN BALL.
    They did catch it...in fact I think overall they had a good passing game (with some obvious exceptions)......but if they could only catch it without an offensive penalty!!!!!!!!!!! That was the key!
  15. #15  
    I felt like I was watching the NHL and the refs were giving the Steelers even up calls for that Indy game! Does ANYONE understand the explanation of the penalty they called on Hasselbeck for that tackle he made?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I felt like I was watching the NHL and the refs were giving the Steelers even up calls for that Indy game! Does ANYONE understand the explanation of the penalty they called on Hasselbeck for that tackle he made?
    Yeah, clearly he wasn't trying to tackle the guy....that would be, ummm silly.

    Refs suck. They made the game boooooorrrriiiinnnng. Well, them and the two teams playing.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  17. #17  
    The NFL issued a statement that the refs got everything right and then Big Ben went on Letterman and admitted that he didn't get into the endzone!! That's just too funny.... well, not for Seattle I guess.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.

Posting Permissions