1.    #1  
    they had a show all about rudeness.

there was a guy who said his 5 devices let him get his work done. I'm sure it does, but why have a cell phone, a treo, a blackberry, and a pager? it wasnt clear if his ipod or his voice recorder was the fifth device.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    He could let go of his pager and voice recorder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    I'm sure it does, but why have a cell phone, a treo, a blackberry, and a pager? it wasnt clear if his ipod or his voice recorder was the fifth device.
    He likes the attention he gets whenever he whips one out ?
    Maybe he didn't know how to fully utilize just one device? :-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    He could let go of his pager and voice recorder.
    Actually, the pager is probably the one device that is sufficiently unique to keep. Pager signals will get through in many places where there's no mobile phone service at all. I used to carry one for business that was guaranteed delivery, too. If I got a page while on the subway, for example, the system would keep sending it until I got out of the subway and the pager confirmed receipt.

The Blackberry's probably required for work. And lots of business people can justify two cell phones. But why he needs'a blackberry AND TWO cell phones I don't understand. Unless one of the phones is personal and the others are business only.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    He likes the attention he gets whenever he whips one out ?
    they had a lady (self employed) on who was always on her cell. she has a belt clip attached to her shower door so she wont miss a call.

she was booted from starbucks, post office and a golf course because she cant stay off the phone.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    that lady needs serious help. her problem with cellphones was every bit as bad as a drug addiction. being a mobile professional is fine, but people who are THAT bad need intervention and a rehabilitation program!
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Actually, the pager is probably the one device that is sufficiently unique to keep. Pager signals will get through in many places where there's no mobile phone service at all. I used to carry one for business that was guaranteed delivery, too. If I got a page while on the subway, for example, the system would keep sending it until I got out of the subway and the pager confirmed receipt.
    Good point! Is it because pager requires lesser bandwidth or availability of more service provider antennas?

However, pagers has very defined capabilities even on the ones where you can respond back vs the PDA/phone combo devices. Somehow, I have not lost an email sent to me via my Treo, even if I was inaccessible signal wise, the next time I connect, I get my email.
    Narrow bandwidth, low information content, and some pager signals are satellite based.

And yes, with a cell phone you'll eventually get your email or voicemail. But is the message is that you have to be at the hospital within 30 minutes, and you get the email an hour later, it doesn't help.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I don't really get it: two people talking to each other live is more annoying to me as two voices are louder than one and they still do all the annoying things like make the cashier wait, talk so loud everyone know the business etc...
    Sprint 700p