Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Frankly, the Middle East could use more of our "meddling".
    dude, I seriously do not see why you think you have a responsability to interfere in the actions of other nations on the other side of earth
    Why isn't Germany or Russia doing it?
    Why is the US intrested to back up a tiny state so fare away? (Israel)
    if they want to support a Tiny state so far away, why not Angola? or Mangolia?
    Something, or someone, is forcing the US to do that. Because I see this as only expense and headache for the us.
    Last edited by redbelt; 02/12/2006 at 05:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    But tell me, what people are sitting on what patch of land without the benefits gained by war?
    War, does not mean targeting civilians.

However, Terrorisim does.
    Quote Originally Posted by redbelt
    I thought I read about it in an American case.
    One girl was raped & they were questioning her attair and attitude if she could have led him on. Can't give details though, it was some time back.

But seriously, If you walk in NY subways with $100 bills out of your back pocket, do you expect to NOT be mugged?
    As a matter of fact, the dress and demeanor of a rape victim cannot be used by the defendant in court in the US. I can't say that was always so, but it most definitely is today.

I might expect to be mugged, but I would also expect that the criminals would be prosecuted, if caught. My waving $100's around doesn't make theft any less of a crime.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    dude, I seriously do not see why you think you have a responsability to interfere in the actions of other nations on the other side of earth
    Why isn't Germany or Russia doing it?
    Uh... Germany sends all kinds of aid to Israel. Given the large number of Russian Jews in Israel, I'd hardly be surprised to find out the Russians do to.
    Why is the us intrested and back up a tiny state so fare away? (Israel)
    Because, as I've said, they are the only real democracy presently in the Middle East. It is in our interest to see as many democracies around the world as possible.
    if they want to support a Tiny state so far away, why not Angola? or Mangolia?
    Either: a) because they're not democracies, or b) because they are not as strategically located.
    Something, or someone, is forcing the US to do that. Because I see this as only expense and headache for the us.
    Israel is a friend and reliable ally to the US. Also, as I said, Israel is a democracy.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    I might expect to be mugged, but I would also expect that the criminals would be prosecuted, if caught. My waving $100's around doesn't make theft any less of a crime.
    Agreed. But you could have avoided it easily.
    In Insurance, there is a term called "utmost goodfaith"
    If your kitchen burns down because of a faulty oven, and after everything is repaired you go and use the same oven, you can be denied claim. SInce you knew this could bring you trouble, it is expected of you to
    not do it!
    Same thing here IMHO
    Because, as I've said, they are the only real democracy presently in the Middle East. It is in our interest to see as many democracies around the world as possible.Either: a) because they're not democracies, or b) because they are not as strategically located.Israel is a friend and reliable ally to the US. Also, as I said, Israel is a democracy.
    You started a democracy in Iraq, start one in Angola, why don't ya?

If you suck at keeping books, do I have the right to take said books from you and balance them because I'm an accountant? You'll tell me to buzz off & you'll call me if you need me.
    You started a democracy in Iraq, start one in Angola, why don't ya?

The creation of democracy in Iraq was only one of many goals of the war. No one believes that the war would have been justifiable on that basis alone. I'm not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand, though.
    If you suck at keeping books, do I have the right to take said books from you and balance them because I'm an accountant? You'll tell me to buzz off & you'll call me if you need me.
    If your crappy bookkeeping could cause injury to me and I had no other redress, yes, I probably would be justified in taking the books over.
  8.    #768  
    Gore Laments U.S. 'Abuses' Against Arabs

When I read stories like this about Democrats making up stories for political gain, I don't blame arabs for thinking so negatively against the US. I think Gore is a special agent for Al Quada.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I was just about to say that. Gore might as well wave a flag for al qaeda. the guy is SUCH a shameless weasel. anyone else would be embarrassed.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Yes, obviously American that admits that the Arabs have real grievances is a traitor, as he lends Al Queda moral support. Everyone knows true peace can only come from the end of a gun barrel. Lets lynch him!

Surur
  11.    #771  
    Read article, he said Americans mistreat arabs in USA. I don't think your Muslim views of murdering him is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Yes, obviously American that admits that the Arabs have real grievances is a traitor, as he lends Al Queda moral support. Everyone knows true peace can only come from the end of a gun barrel. Lets lynch him!

Surur
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    you fail to see the fact that gore will grab for ANYTHING in pursuit of political gain.

while you may think he's SO SENSITIVE to "arab grievances", he is actually only trying to undermine the bush administration - absolutely par for the course for this man.

but you go ahead believing he is GENUINELY concerned with arab grievances. by the way, I have a bridge to sell ya.
    Of course you are right! As a "special agent of Al Queda" he should obviously be whisked of to Gitmo, detained indefinitely without trial and tortured until he gives up his Washington cell. What was i thinking!

Surur
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    and we should allow all muslims to bomb and behead without trial or consequences - because THEY have feelings too, right? absolutely. what WAS I thinking?!!
  15.    #775  
    Your arab views are disturbing. Just b/c Gore was sharing his imagination isn't reason to murder him or detain him indefinitely.

Of course you are right! As a "special agent of Al Queda" he should obviously be whisked of to Gitmo, detained indefinitely without trial and tortured until he gives up his Washington cell. What was i thinking!

Surur
    Has it occured to you that you just dont want to hear anything that contradicts your world view? How about an exercise in flexibility. How about you argue the muslim case, and I'll argue the American/Western side? Maybe it will be a learning experience for us both?

Surur
  17.    #777  
    Okay.

I think it is acceptable to murder children, mothers and cut off heads of any non-terrorists (Christian, Muslim, it doesn't matter who).

Has it occured to you that you just dont want to hear anything that contradicts your world view? How about an exercise in flexibility. How about you argue the muslim case, and I'll argue the American/Western side? Maybe it will be a learning experience for us both?

Surur
    If you find it acceptable to kill their children, why cant they kill yours?

Surur
  19.    #779  
    Well I sort of feel we deserve it since I did blow up 20 American troops and the kids were killed in a safe house where I was hiding.

If you find it acceptable to kill their children, why cant they kill yours?

Surur
  20.    #780  
    I cry when non-muslims make fun of my savior.