Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 914
  1. #481  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Ok, I guess I'm the weird one for tivo'ing the national evening news.



    How similar are Omans (sp?) riling up people over the blasphemous cartoon and Karl Rove whipping up the religious right with gay marriage?
    Or Howard Dean bringing the left to a froth over "Bush Lied" and "Wire Tapping Americans"
  2.    #482  
    Howard Dean is such a blow hard and looks so unbelievable doing it. He mentioned Bush is becoming similar to Iran.

    Anyone else think he looks like the Joker from the original 1960's Batman?

    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Or Howard Dean bringing the left to a froth over "Bush Lied" and "Wire Tapping Americans"
  3. #483  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Anyone else think he looks like the Joker from the original 1960's Batman?

    I think Dean would thank you GREATLY for suggesting he were anywhere close to that thin.
  4. #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Or Howard Dean bringing the left to a froth over "Bush Lied" and "Wire Tapping Americans"

    Um, that's called defending American rights and I haven't noticed Dean attempting to bring anyone to a Froth recently.
  5.    #485  
    Was the Joker skinny? Is Dean fat?





    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I think Dean would thank you GREATLY for suggesting he were anywhere close to that thin.
  6. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #486  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Ah, I get it! The Mooo-jahideen.

    LMAO
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  7. #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Was the Joker skinny? Is Dean fat?




    My fault. When I read your post I visualized the Riddler for some reason.

    Dean admittedly likes his fast-food. When he was campaigning he gained weight rapidly.
  8. #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Um, that's called defending American rights and I haven't noticed Dean attempting to bring anyone to a Froth recently.
    Either way, neither Rove nor Dean is calling for the burning of embassies, the kidnapping of foreigners, or the murder of infidels, so it's NOWHERE close to what the clerics are fanning in the Muslim world.
    I'm back!
  9. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #489  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Ok, I guess I'm the weird one for tivo'ing the national evening news.



    How similar are Omans (sp?) riling up people over the blasphemous cartoon and Karl Rove whipping up the religious right with gay marriage?
    I must have misplaced my invite to the Rove Rioting meetings. To answer your question, not similar at all. One is advocating rioting, destruction of property (a foreign govt's property), murdering the offenders, etc and the other says to vote out those who agree with the proposal (pun intended) of gay marriage
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  10. #490  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    When he was campaigning he gained weight rapidly.
    A by-product of all the lies he told, no doubt. Some sort of Pinocchio-like complex, I'm sure.
    I'm back!
  11. #491  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I'm not really sure how you're deriving "appeal to ridicule [sic]". I know you like to argue in circles and probably have lost track of which side you've argued a few times over, but go back and reread your posts, and you'll find that most of what I just pointed out you've argued for or against, or both.

    America is responsible for 20,000,000 million deaths in war that we were a part of, regardless of who else was involved. We've acted too quickly and we haven't acted quickly enough. Regardless of the timing (even though it seemed to matter at the time of your argument), we only acted when it involved our best interests. When others pointed out the numerous times that wasn't true, you went back to that we waited too long. Our soldiers are too good and enemy casualties are too high, so that's a problem for you. But when our soldiers die, we're just getting what we deserve. Our soldiers go out of their way to protect civilian lives, but according to you, it's not far enough. When your "freedom fighters" (HAH!) kill civilians, they're too stupid or not well trained enough to prevent it, or it's just the ugliness of war.

    I'd keep going on but I'm pretty sure you've gotten the point by now, and truthfully, I hate pointing out the ignorance in your arguments. I wish I didn't have to, but apparently you're too blinded by your own issues to see it.

    And BTW, I do live in a special time. There's never been a better time to live on this planet, and it's the only time I've ever lived here. Sorry if you don't feel the same way. You must be a riot at parties.
    Thats because I was in fact correcting all the incorrect assumptions Americans have made about America.

    Assumption 1:
    America is responsible for 20,000,000 million deaths in war that we were a part of, regardless of who else was involved.
    What Advance the man actually wrote was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I am almost certain even if you add up every enemy killed in all wars of the USA it wouldn't add up to millions. I have no comment to that, it doesn't even make sense.
    Nice going distorting my answer.

    Assumption 2:
    We've acted too quickly and we haven't acted quickly enough.
    Cardio actually said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardio
    I am proud to be able to say that when our friends ask for help we are there in word and deed not sitting on the sidelines voting for 10 more years of sanctions that are being violated right under our nose.
    I clearly showed that America DID wait on the sidelines while their friends asked them to intervene. It appears Cardio was proud of a lie. And of course the invasion of Iraq clearly shows that you act prematurely and apparently unnecessary, but only out of self-interest.

    Assumption 3:
    When others pointed out the numerous times that wasn't true, you went back to that we waited too long.
    I must have missed that post. Would you mind repeating the number of list of righteous wars America was involved in, where they were prompt in getting involved? I would think the list is very short.

    Assumption 4:
    Our soldiers are too good and enemy casualties are too high, so that's a problem for you.
    Its a problem, because it reduces the human costs of these "adventures" for America, encouraging them to go around killing people with very little concern about themselves. When war costs you nothing, why not go take over a middle eastern country or two?

    Assumption 5:
    Our soldiers go out of their way to protect civilian lives, but according to you, it's not far enough.
    Yes, as your regular "accidents" demonstrate. Also ignoring the likely opposition death toll PRIOR to invasion shows how careless you are with other's lives.

    Assumption 6:
    When your "freedom fighters" (HAH!) kill civilians, they're too stupid or not well trained enough to prevent it, or it's just the ugliness of war.
    The ugliness of a war WHICH YOU STARTED.

    Assumption 7:
    I'd keep going on but I'm pretty sure you've gotten the point by now, and truthfully, I hate pointing out the ignorance in your arguments.
    Its you who have completely missed the point, which is that your assumptions about America is wrong. You need to examine what you believe about America. Its a nasty country which bullies all the smaller countries to further its own ends. Very simple.

    Assumption 8:
    And BTW, I do live in a special time. There's never been a better time to live on this planet, and it's the only time I've ever lived here
    I'm sure the Romans and the Greeks and the Egyptians etc etc etc felt the same way. It must feel nice being the dominant civilization of this age. However history shows that others have gone before you, and others will follow. You will be remembered both for your great acts and your brutish ones, and if looks like your brutish ones will outweight the other by a long shot.

    Surur
  12. #492  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur

    I'm sure the Romans and the Greeks and the Egyptians etc etc etc felt the same way. It must feel nice being the dominant civilization of this age. However history shows that others have gone before you, and others will follow. You will be remembered both for your great acts and your brutish ones, and if looks like your brutish ones will outweight the other by a long shot.

    Surur
    I'm sure if you're alive when that day comes, you'll jump for joy. Maybe Israel will go away as well, then who will have to blame?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13.    #493  
    Was there 20,000,000 people living in Hiroshima when we dropped the bomb on them? surur, you info lacks truthfullness. You have yet to answer one question directly. Are you a Muslim? If so, why attack everyone else? Can you make any sensible defense of your murderous religion?
  14. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #494  
    We've acted too quickly and we haven't acted quickly enough.
    Cardio actually said:

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cardio
    I am proud to be able to say that when our friends ask for help we are there in word and deed not sitting on the sidelines voting for 10 more years of sanctions that are being violated right under our nose.


    I clearly showed that America DID wait on the sidelines while their friends asked them to intervene. It appears Cardio was proud of a lie. And of course the invasion of Iraq clearly shows that you act prematurely and apparently unnecessary, but only out of self-interest.

    You showed what??? You made numerous ASSumptions, as you still do. Who asked for help and we did not bail them out? You say we went into Iraq prematurley, yet you state we waited too long for WWI/WWII? Which is it we wait too long or we act too quickly? The UN passed resolutions, Iraq violated the resolutions time and time again the UN admits that they could not verify destruction of WMDs why can't you?

    Tired of arguing your circles, you have forgotten your original argument and now argue against yourself.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  15. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Was there 20,000,000 people living in Hiroshima when we dropped the bomb on them? surur, you info lacks truthfullness. You have yet to answer one question directly. Are you a Muslim? If so, why attack everyone else? Can you make any sensible defense of your murderous religion?
    You misquoted

    "America is responsible for 20,000,000 million deaths." That is a BIG number
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  16. #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    You misquoted

    "America is responsible for 20,000,000 million deaths." That is a BIG number
    That's like...a lot!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #497  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That's like...a lot!
    And is as accurate as the majority of Sursur's claims.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  18. #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Nice going distorting my answer
    You distorted ATM's statement first.

    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I clearly showed that America DID wait on the sidelines while their friends asked them to intervene. It appears Cardio was proud of a lie. And of course the invasion of Iraq clearly shows that you act prematurely and apparently unnecessary, but only out of self-interest.
    You don't get it both ways. If you're going to argue both sides, then there's no point in discussing any of this with you, although I'm quickly realizing there's not much of a point anyhow. You won't see what you don't want to see.

    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I must have missed that post. Would you mind repeating the number of list of righteous wars America was involved in, where they were prompt in getting involved? I would think the list is very short.
    Kosovo and Somalia quickly come to mind. So does Grenada. Oh, and Haiti as well. Afghanistan also. Would you like for me to keep going?

    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Its a problem, because it reduces the human costs of these "adventures" for America, encouraging them to go around killing people with very little concern about themselves. When war costs you nothing, why not go take over a middle eastern country or two?
    Nominee for "Dumbest post of all-time". Our army is superior, but we'll put it at a disadvantage and use circa-1850 tactics and weapons to level the playing field a bit. Is that what you're looking for?

    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Yes, as your regular "accidents" demonstrate. Also ignoring the likely opposition death toll PRIOR to invasion shows how careless you are with other's lives.
    War is ugly, remember? So are the attacks on the Iraqi police force by "freedom fighters" "accidents" as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    The ugliness of a war WHICH YOU STARTED.
    Who started it didn't seem to matter in your arguments for WWII.

    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Its you who have completely missed the point, which is that your assumptions about America is wrong. You need to examine what you believe about America. Its a nasty country which bullies all the smaller countries to further its own ends. Very simple.
    Yours is a simple assumption from a simple person who has no real knowledge other than what Google can spit out.

    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I'm sure the Romans and the Greeks and the Egyptians etc etc etc felt the same way. It must feel nice being the dominant civilization of this age. However history shows that others have gone before you, and others will follow. You will be remembered both for your great acts and your brutish ones, and if looks like your brutish ones will outweight the other by a long shot.
    No doubt that our time will rise and fall, just like with every other dominant country. You've finally managed to say something factual and that I can agree with. No doubt that the people that the Greeks and Romans conquered felt the same way as you. History, however, is far kinder, and all of the civilizations you mentioned are the great civilizations in history. America will be viewed in the same light. To say that 20th/21st century America is more "brutish" than the Roman Empire shows that your ignorance is truly limitless.
    I'm back!
  19. #499  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    You misquoted

    "America is responsible for 20,000,000 million deaths." That is a BIG number
    Yeah, typo on my part.

    If we truly were responsible for that many deaths, then I'd probably have to agree with surur.
    I'm back!
  20. #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Um, that's called defending American rights and I haven't noticed Dean attempting to bring anyone to a Froth recently.
    I'd call it inflamatory rhetoric, but that's just me

Posting Permissions