Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Running total : approx 19 600 000

Guess how many Americans died in WW II? 418,500

WOW, the sacrifice!!

Surur
    I guess we have better soldiers than everyone else. Is this a surprise to anyone?

Interesting to see that you pinned all WWII casualties on the US military. I know that we're the ones usually called to do most of the world's fighting, but I didn't realize it was ALL of it during WWII. I'm sure the British and the Russians would be particularly interested in hearing that.

And now I can't really figure out why it was called a "world war". It should've just been called "The war that we didn't start but we finished by whupping everyone's @ss."
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Certainly you have seen the legitimization of certain "terrorist" groups in recent history?
    King David Hotel bombing

The King David Hotel bombing (July 22, 1946) was a bombing attack against the British government of Palestine by members of Irgun a militant Zionist group. The Irgun exploded a bomb at the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, which had been the base for the British Secretariat, the military command and a branch of the Criminal Investigation Division (police). 91 people were killed, most of them civilians: 28 British, 41 Arab, 17 Jewish, and 5 other. Around 45 people were injured.

The attack was initially ordered by David Ben Gurion, who was in the United States, but he later changed his mind and ordered the bombing to be cancelled. But Menachem Begin, the head of Irgun, went ahead anyway. Both Ben Gurion and Begin would later become Israeli Prime Ministers. The attack was commanded by Yosef Avni and Yisrael Levi.
    Some people in this thread could do with a lot more history. They are clearly deficient, but still think they know how the world works.

Surur
    Some people in this thread could do with a lot more history. They are clearly deficient, but still think they know how the world works.

Surur
    I think you're feeling pretty self-important if you don't feel you belong in that category as well.
    I'm back!

Surur
    A point completly absent from the movie Munich, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I guess we have better soldiers than everyone else. Is this a surprise to anyone?

Interesting to see that you pinned all WWII casualties on the US military. I know that we're the ones usually called to do most of the world's fighting, but I didn't realize it was ALL of it during WWII. I'm sure the British and the Russians would be particularly interested in hearing that.

And now I can't really figure out why it was called a "world war". It should've just been called "The war that we didn't start but we finished by whupping everyone's @ss."
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance the Man
    I am almost certain even if you add up every enemy killed in all wars of the USA it wouldn't add up to millions. I have no comment to that, it doesn't even make sense.
    He did not say killed by the Americans, just the wars they were involved in. It matters little however. Iraq shows up Americans are very good at killing others. It almost makes me thing all those Rambo films depict reality, with all the enemy machine gun bullets unable to kill the "hero", while the enemy fall over like pins from the hero's handgun. Or maybe all the Daisy Cutters or Nuclear bombs (you know, Weapons of Mass Destruction) also make a difference.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I think you're feeling pretty self-important if you don't feel you belong in that category as well.
    I'm not the one who did not know millions have died fighting against America. Some of you obviously swallowed whole the"Heroic America" propaganda.

Surur
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

Surur
    And then there are those who attempt to rewrite history to suit their own thought process. Even those who try to write history in their own words (insurgents vs terrorist, resistance fighters vs terrorist as examples) as it is happening.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    He did not say killed by the Americans, just the wars they were involved in. It matters little however. Iraq shows up Americans are very good at killing others. It almost makes me thing all those Rambo films depict reality, with all the enemy machine gun bullets unable to kill the "hero", while the enemy fall over like pins from the hero's handgun. Or maybe all the Daisy Cutters or Nuclear bombs (you know, Weapons of Mass Destruction) also make a difference.

Surur
    It matters little because that clearly wasn't what he meant. But hey, if you're going to exaggerate, why not throw in the casualties from the American Civil War, or the American Revolution why you're at it?

Since you like to reference the Crusades, why not include them as well? Surely some of those terrible Crusaders were the ancestors of the American forefathers. Tell you what, I'll let you throw in the Crusaders, if I get to count the Greeks and Romans against you. Deal?

Speaking of WMD, do I get to include all of the Iraqis and Iranians that Saddam gassed against your numbers?
    I'm back!
    Since we're throwing in red herrings wew shouldn't neglect the amount of people who were eventually killed in Stalinist Russia, Tito's Yugoslavia, Maoist China, Pol Pot's Cambodia, North Korea still... (running total about 250 MILLION)

These are the guys we were fighting, Surur. Do you think the world would have faired better if they had been allowed to run amok?
    Has it occurred to you that these were proxy wars fought between America and the Communists? It takes two to tango.

Surur
    Has it occurred to you that these were proxy wars fought between America and the Communists?

Surur
    Did you look at the list? Most of the deaths were in areas America had nothing to do with.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Has it occurred to you that these were proxy wars fought between America and the Communists? It takes two to tango.

Surur
    What?????

Now we know who needs to pay attention to history. These were not wars between America and Communist. Read the list, don't just shrug it off because it came from someone you disagree with.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Like Angola, Mozambique, Vietnam, Korea, Laos, Nicaragua? Dont make yourself look bad by implying America was not involved.

Surur
    Did you read what I wrote Surur? Explain how American hegemony accounted for 100 million deaths in Communist China and explain how that systematic killing would NOT have occured in places like non-Communist Southern Asia or Central America had the spread of Communism been left unchecked. Or do you want to just play games?
    Like Angola, Mozambique, Vietnam, Korea, Laos, Nicaragua? Dont make yourself look bad by implying America was not involved.

Surur
    So based on my reading of your comments in this thread, let me sum it up:

The United States is responsible, in one form or another, for every death that has occurred in every war in recent history - that about right?
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4

The United States is responsible, in one form or another, for every death that has occurred in every war in recent history - that about right?
    And then some, dammit! My gold fish that died when i was little kid...f*cking American Army invaded my bedroom and blew his *** up.

Julius Caesar? Couldn't have done it without our help. Nor could Napoleon..well, that's to be expected, he was French.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4

Maybe America has been involved in every major war in recent history. For an isolated continent you sure are meddlesome. The fact is that millions of people have been killed by Americans. Maybe not 20 million, but certainly many millions. I doubt more than 2 million Americans have ever been killed in war, yet you have been incredibly war like.

I provided many links. Why dont you provide your estimate, and your own numbers?

All these numbers are also from recent history. People talk about terrorist atrocities in Iraq, yet ignore the fact that war is ugly, and that US soldiers probably killed many many more Vietnamese brutally and unnecessarily. You need to get some perspective.

Do you know how many people the French killed after the Vichy government was disposed? 10 000.

War is ugly. Get used to it. Your hands are dirty enough.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    And then some, dammit! My gold fish that died when i was little kid...f*cking American Army invaded my bedroom and blew his *** up.

Julius Caesar? Couldn't have done it without our help. Nor could Napoleon..well, that's to be expected, he was French.
    I heard the invasion of the Visigoths was an American conspiracy. Protestant Generals boarded a time machine and went back to the 5th Century to helpthe Visigoth invaders destabilize the Roman Catholic church before it got too powerful. Who new the Visigoths would themselves become Catholic. These things always backfire on us.
    Maybe America has been involved in every major war in recent history. For an isolated continent you sure are meddlesome. The fact is that millions of people have been killed by Americans. Maybe not 20 million, but certainly many millions. I doubt more than 2 million Americans have ever been killed in war, yet you have been incredibly war like.

I provided many links. Why dont you provide your estimate, and your own numbers?

All these numbers are also from recent history. People talk about terrorist atrocities in Iraq, yet ignore the fact that war is ugly, and that US soldiers probably killed many many more Vietnamese brutally and unnecessarily. You need to get some perspective.

Do you know how many people the French killed after the Vichy government was disposed? 10 000.

War is ugly. Get used to it. Your hands are dirty enough.

Surur
    Now you're talking out of both sides of your mouth Surur. War IS ugly. You won't get an argument here. But you seem to want to believe that somehow its uglier when Americans are involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Now you're talking out of both sides of your mouth Surur. War IS ugly. You won't get an argument here. But you seem to want to believe that somehow its uglier when Americans are involved.
    Your kill ratio definitely seems higher.

The point is that your country is far from innocent, and you dont seem to know it. You judge the acts of your enemies from on high, when you are really in the swill with them. That is hypocrisy.

Surur