1.    #1  
    Tomorrow night is Pres Bush State of the Union address. Prior to the address I would be interested in hearing what topics WITH what purposed solutions you would like to see. Please include both. For example, just don't say....reduce dependency on foreign oil. Also include what solutions you would want Pres Bush offer to address that concern.

After the address, obviously share your thoughts on what was actually presented.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/31/2006 at 05:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Tomorrow night is Pres Bush State of the Union address. Prior to the address I would be interested in hearing what topics WITH what purposed solutions you would like to see. Please include both. For example, just don't say....reduce dependency on foreign oil. Also include what solutions you would want Pres Bush offer to address that concern.

After the address, obviously share your thoughts one what was actually presented.
    Continue the reduction of our forces in Iraq.

- Continue to train Iraqi forces, let them take the lead in more areas
    - Enhance the HUMINT (Human Intlelligence) portion in the region
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    -I would like a progress report on the training of troops in Iraq. I would like to hear something about bringing at least some troops home.

-I would like to know how he views the Iran/nuclear issue and what would be viable options from the US to get them to comply.

-I would like him to address the Abrahoff issue and see what can be done in the way of campaign finance.

-Id like to know his plans on moving the economy along (I personally think its getting better)

I wont be able to watch it so I will be checking this thread for detailed commentary ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I would like the prez to address the rising costs of health care.

I would propose the prez increase indivual's burden of health care dollars and lift some of that burden off of the corporations. This would lead to people utilizing "frivalous" (otherwise known as preventative) health care less which would lower demand and thus cause the health care providers to lower costs to compete.

5.    #5  
    Here are a couple issues and solutions I would like to see:

1) Reduce dependency on foreign oil. I feel this is a major security risk to our nation. It gives a huge amount of control of our own personal economy to current or potential enemies.

Some of the solutions that I would like to see is immediate use of bio-Diesel gas for truckers. There are plants being built right to to produce it. Except for some models of semi built before 1990ish (something to do with a rubber ring in this engines), it has been reported that all semis could use it now with no or little modifications. This would put all off the wealth back into the pocket of American Farmers and Eliminate the need for foreign diesel.

Also to offer huge incentives for development of alternative fuel sources. This might include money for research, bonuses cash subsidized by gov and private sources for bringing such a solution to the market first, reduced or eliminate tax responsibility for a period of time, etc.....

I also think a push for more domestic drilling to reduce our dependency while these other solutions are being implemented is important. Alaska is only ONE option here.

2) IRAN. I have a feeling that this is going to be addressed. At this point I am not sure what he can do besides enforce "We will not allow Iran to get Nukes" and to pressure for sanctions with the UN. I am sure he will put pressure on Russia, China, France, etc....to not stall this process and to support it.

I am sure this could never happen, but it would up the ante if there was a deadline set for many of these steps. But then there would have to be consequences set with the deadline.

One solution that I think is a good compromise (as long as Russia can be trusted) is to have Russia process the nuclear materials and send them only the stuff for the peaceful energy program that they claim they want it for.

3) IRAQ There is no doubt this will be a topic. Troop reduce will need to addressed with milestones markers for the reduction plan. There is no doubt about the troubles there which I hope he addresses, but I also hope he highlights the many of the successes that Iraq has experienced because of all of this as well.

4) North Korea This is still a VERY real threat with their ability to reach our West coast (BTW is where I live). This whole process has been one huge stall.

Truthfully, I like the six multi nation platform to handle this.....but no one is stepping up to add pressure on NK. All it would take is for China to cut aid unless they hand over their nukes and their nuke program (easy sentence to write but is worthy a not only a whole other thread but a full book). There is no easy answer for this one, but the very least pressure should be put on NK's neighbors to add immediate pressure on NK.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/30/2006 at 05:44 PM.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Aw come on. Hobbes went through all that trouble to setup the rules and you go and do that. Wagging finger of shame to you sir.