Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VIKINGS!!! even though I hate football, I still hae pride in my state!

Mark, minnesotan?
    ST. PAUL!!!!

-Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    I was at the Giants game yesterday and the electricity was in the air.

The Vikings will have it tough next Sunday, and those that dare wear purple, will have it tougher, as the nice gents who decided to wear Eagles stuff found out!

As one who went to his first Giants game in 1966, I am totally unbiased in saying that the SuperBowl on 1/28/01 will be the NY Giants vs. the Oakland Raiders, with the final score being:

NY 31
    Oak 21

Any takers?....
    Originally posted by Traveliter

And oh, what's this? We get to rest and wait for Baltimore to come visit us next weekend?? Woo hoo!! RAIDER NATION!!!
    Oakland is gonna get all the rest they need after next Sunday. They can rest until next season!!

GO RAVENS
    What the Heck! It's what I want!
    ahhh...nothing like watching that field goal blocked!!! AND THEN RETURNED FOR A TOUCHDOWN!!!

Should be a good game next sunday....

I do believe the Ravens will be a better matchup then the dolphins (they looked like they were caught in a tuna net!)

Happy Festivus!

Go RAVENS!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    Vikings... finally?!?
    All I can say is... uch!!!

Since I'm 0 for 2 here in VC sports polls (first the Met's, now the Vike's), I don't think I'll participate in any more... so don't ask me who's going to win the Daytona 500!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I'm proud to be a NY Giant (fan).

My prediction in my earlier post still stands....
    I'm a patriots fan (although sometimes I'm not so proud of it ).

BEN
    New Prediction:

NY Giants 31
    Bal Ravens 21

GO GIANTS

i'm SO glad you have a final score of NY 31, BAL 21. Because that's generally the results EVERYBODY has been predicting for the Ravens for the playoffs and in the words of Mr. Billick himself:

I've been trying to tell you all along you guys don't know anything, you just don't listen!

GO RAVENS!!

Just one more game to prove EVERYBODY wrong AGAIN!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  10.    #30  
    Well with 2 defensive teams playing I doubt we'll see any high scores (but you never know).

I'll be pulling for NY since the Ravens beat my Titans.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Originally posted by JHromadka

that's a strange way of looking at it. growing up, we were always taught to cheer for the team that beat you. better to say you lost to the team that eventually won it all than to say you lost to a team that just couldn't complete the job...what does that make you then?

besides, better to have an AFC winner. you may want to rethink who you're cheering for....then again, the Ravens have done so well thus far with the the majority NOT cheering for them...hmm...keep cheering for the Giants.
    In my initial post I picked the Giants to win the NFC and the Titans/Ravens winner to win the AFC (although I was leaning toward the Titans), and I will stand by that prediction. Admittedly, the Giants were extremely impressive in their win yesterday, but the Ravens have held two offensive powerhouses to 3 points apiece in a 3-week span. The Ravens are not great on offense, but with their defense they don't need to be. Despite yesterday's point total, the Giants don't have the offense of a Denver or Oakland.

Ravens win it with mediocre offense and AMAZING 'D'.

Ravens 24
    Giants 16
  13.    #33  
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    Originally posted by JHromadka
    that's a strange way of looking at it. growing up, we were always taught to cheer for the team that beat you. better to say you lost to the team that eventually won it all than to say you lost to a team that just couldn't complete the job...what does that make you then?
    Yeah, I know some people go by that reasoning, but I don't know why I should be for the team that beat me. I guess it is in part because of the rivalries that Houston has. I will never be for the Utah Jazz or Seattle Sonics because of their rivalries with the Rockets, and it looks like Baltimore could be Tennessee's big rival for a while.

Besides, I was for NY last time they were in the SuperBowl -- I see no need to change now.

NY 13
    Baltimore 10
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Please, no Ravens bandwagon-jumpers. Our bandwagon is a compact car and it's full. So root for the Giants, we play better that way!

Now, if we can only get out from being picked as the oddsmakers' favorites and get back to being the underdogs, all will be well in Baltimore!
    I'm going to go with the Giants, mostly out of sentiment.
    i was thinking...hasn't this country had enough of New York?1?! I'm from Canada (as per the name... ) and in the 2 years i've been here it's been "Yankee's this" and "Mets that" and "Hillary Clinton here" and "juliani there" geez...is there any other city in this country besides New York????

With that in mind.....

GO RAVENS!!

oh and james....with your 'little editing strike-through' in the wireless superbowl story....

i don't think i need to remind you where the titans used to be.

(how did that saying go? those in glass houses....hmmmm something about NOT throwing stones!)

I'm a patriots fan (although sometimes I'm not so proud of it).
    Rock on ;-)
    all around good guy

brandon
    drop me a line
  18.    #38  
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    oh and james....with your 'little editing strike-through' in the wireless superbowl story....

i don't think i need to remind you where the titans used to be.

(how did that saying go? those in glass houses....hmmmm something about NOT throwing stones!)

Hey don't go pouring salt on open wounds. I remember and even still acknowledge it on my needing-a-serious-update-website. So touché
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Living and working in the Tampa Bay area, once again another ex-Buc makes it to the SuperBowl to join the ranks of Doug Williams and Steve Young.
    I look forward to next season like I look forward to having my gums scraped.
    i went back and re-read Fassel's 'Guarantee' from the regular season, and realized many Giants fans didn't read the fine print....if you look real close, small letters near the bottom....

'Gaurantee does not include Superbowl'

GO RAVENS!!!

(just lighting a match under this topic again )
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast