tee hee
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    Picked up by wrong guy in NY.

If found, please deliver to:

V. Young
    Austin, Texas

Gotta disagree on that one. Although I've never seen a performance by a QB like Vince put on USC, Reggie clearly desevered that trophy. Look at what he did all season. But I can see where you coming from tho. MEN!! 4th and 5 with secs to go, and vince runs it in himself!!!! I think he loaned Superman his cape. He should get it back quickly!!! Lollllllllll
    Last edited by hova; 01/06/2006 at 10:50 AM.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    Picked up by wrong guy in NY.

If found, please deliver to:

V. Young
    Austin, Texas
    Only if the Heisman is awarded for a single game.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Only if the Heisman is awarded for a single game.
    And after the vote already took place.

Bush deserved the hardware. It's based upon a season's worth of work. I remember Bush putting up a 500+ all purpose yard game this season, and he doesn't have the luxury of passing yards. Vince's night was no more impressive than that.
    I'm back!
    Vince did that all year long. It wasn't just for one game.
    Bush's TD dive into the endzone after he burnt everyone around the corrner and down the sideline was pretty much a joke too. The guy is great.

But boy did VY put on one of the greatest NCAA performances in history or what???
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    And so did Bush. So the point is you don't take away the award when the winner had a great night (280 all purpose yards, 1 TD), and the runner up had an exceptional night (470 total yards, 3 TD)
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    And so did Bush. So the point is you don't take away the award when the winner had a great night (280 all purpose yards, 1 TD), and the runner up had an exceptional night (470 total yards, 3 TD)
    This is one of those years that I think there were actually 2 exceptional candidates. Usually, there's not two with their level of talent and competiveness. I don't have a problem with Bush getting it. He does deserve it.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Good a** point!!
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    No, he did not do that all year. Look at his season stats

212/325 (65% completion rate), 3036 total passing yards (9.3 per att) 26 TD and 10 INT, 1050 rush yards (6.8 per rush) for 8 yards per touch average, these are good numbers.

Leinart
    283/431 (65% completion rate), 3851 total passing yards, 28 TD and 8 INT

Bush
    200 rush attempts, 1740 yards (8.7 avg), 37 receptions 478 yards (12.9 avg)
    combined 12 yard per touch average, these are better numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    No, he did not do that all year. Look at his season stats

212/325 (65% completion rate), 3036 total passing yards (9.3 per att) 26 TD and 10 INT, 1050 rush yards (6.8 per rush) for 8 yards per touch average, these are good numbers.

Leinart
    283/431 (65% completion rate), 3851 total passing yards, 28 TD and 8 INT

Bush
    200 rush attempts, 1740 yards (8.7 avg), 37 receptions 478 yards (12.9 avg)
    combined 12 yard per touch average, these are better numbers.
    I'm not really talking just numbers as much as his ability to lead. He leads by putting up good numbers, yes. But, he also leads just by the way he plays the game. When Texas needed a lift during any game, he could always be counted on to provide that lift.

I'm not taking anything away from Bush. He is a deserved winner. Like I said earlier, it just happened to be one of those years that there were multiple exceptional candidates. Not just the numbers they put up, but the passion they have for the game. I hope they keep that passion.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I'm not really talking just numbers as much as his ability to lead. He leads by putting up good numbers, yes. But, he also leads just by the way he plays the game. When Texas needed a lift during any game, he could always be counted on to provide that lift.

I'm not taking anything away from Bush. He is a deserved winner. Like I said earlier, it just happened to be one of those years that there were multiple exceptional candidates. Not just the numbers they put up, but the passion they have for the game. I hope they keep that passion.
    Fair enough. I was just pointing out that the statement that VY had that type of game all year was not accurate. He had 2 exceptional games (boosted his average) and the rest were good games. I am not taking anything away from him, he is a great athlete, and a very good college quarterback.
    Based on when the voting was done, Bush deserved the Heisman.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Based on when the voting was done, Bush deserved the Heisman.
    You can't argue that Bush didn't deserve the Heisman on Jan 5th though.

Like I said, 280 all purpose yards and a TD against a top 5 or 10 defense is an excellent night.
    I'm back!
    You can't argue that Bush didn't deserve the Heisman on Jan 5th though.

Like I said, 280 all purpose yards and a TD against a top 5 or 10 defense is an excellent night.
    Cannot.parse.double-negatives. Vince had something to prove after losing and had a breakout game. The right man got the Heisman (and I'm from Texas). Carroll didn't use Bush much because White also played well, and Bush still had a TD and almost 100 yds.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Cannot.parse.double-negatives. Vince had something to prove after losing and had a breakout game. The right man got the Heisman (and I'm from Texas). Carroll didn't use Bush much because White also played well, and Bush still had a TD and almost 100 yds.
    You understood what I was saying!
    I'm back!