Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    post deleted
    Last edited by pilotmedic; 01/05/2006 at 12:51 PM.
  2. #2  
    Not that I give a **** one way or the other, but is this even allowed?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #3  
    Not sure about being allowed, just not sure how to do it. It makes sense that if you deactivate the movie you should be allowed to sell it once you can't watch it any more. Just like owning a hard copy of a dvd or a book.
    Last edited by Advance The Man; 01/05/2006 at 11:06 AM.
  4. #4  
    It sounds to me like he's ripping and converting. So, that's the same as saying copying and converting which is pretty obviously not legal.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, so lets make it legal. I have these data files that used to be some other kinds of data. I cant get them to work on my computer but I think that there is a medium that will utilize these data files. They might be titled data files. Anyone wanna trade data files?

    Is that better?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotmedic
    Ok, so lets make it legal. I have these data files that used to be some other kinds of data. I cant get them to work on my computer but I think that there is a medium that will utilize these data files. They might be titled data files. Anyone wanna trade data files?

    Is that better?
    You're making and distributing copies. Not that I'm any sort of fan of the MPAA or RIAA, but you're blatantly saying "Let's break the law."
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You're making and distributing copies. Not that I'm any sort of fan of the MPAA or RIAA, but you're blatantly saying "Let's break the law."
    That's what I'm understanding it as...I'm guessing this thread will get closed shortly.
  8. #8  
    hi, there was a treo site on yahoo started for a simiar reson, it was never used for that and morphed intop a boring email aboput every week or so, i am no longer on the list,. you can start it on yaoo and or other such blog and not have it so obviously listed here, take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  9. #9  
    I think to make it legal (or morally legal) you would have to exchange both the original sourced video (i.e. dvd) along with your electronic version. You would then delete any copies you have of it. All this said I don't know if it's legal.

    Quote Originally Posted by pilotmedic
    Ok, so lets make it legal. I have these data files that used to be some other kinds of data. I cant get them to work on my computer but I think that there is a medium that will utilize these data files. They might be titled data files. Anyone wanna trade data files?

    Is that better?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I think to make it legal (or morally legal) you would have to exchange both the original sourced video (i.e. dvd) along with your electronic version. You would then delete any copies you have of it. All this said I don't know if it's legal.
    If you askd the MPAA they would say you can't make a copy of a DVD, even for personal use.
  11. #11  
    I guess that's why I don't ask. I do not share or trade any of my legally owned cd's and dvd's. I do make copies. I use the copies and when they get worn out (i.e. kids use them as frisbees) I make another copy. I'll be damned if I'm gonna buy multiple Nemo's.

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    If you askd the MPAA they would say you can't make a copy of a DVD, even for personal use.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I guess that's why I don't ask. I do not share or trade any of my legally owned cd's and dvd's. I do make copies. I use the copies and when they get worn out (i.e. kids use them as frisbees) I make another copy. I'll be damned if I'm gonna buy multiple Nemo's.
    I don't download ANY material! I don't share out any material! I don't make copies of said materials! I don't look at cd covers or think about a musician or actor without sending in a check to the MPAA/RIAA! I swear!

    BTW, the RIAA gets a persentage of the sales of blank CDRs.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I don't download ANY material! I don't share out any material! I don't make copies of said materials! I don't look at cd covers or think about a musician or actor without sending in a check to the MPAA/RIAA! I swear!

    BTW, the RIAA gets a persentage of the sales of blank CDRs.
    I'm an independent artist. Paypal is preferred. PM for instruction on how to make out your check.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    I'm an independent artist. Paypal is preferred. PM for instruction on how to make out your check.
    Do you know how many times I've viewed that avatar!?!?!? OMG! I'll have to sell plasma, amongst other things, to even begin to pay that debt!
  15. #15  
    hiya, what is really crap about the entire issue, is that if I have a record, (hay I am 50, I call recordings records), or a cassette or a cd, and you wan to lend it to a friend top copy you, so what is the difference in allowing a stranger to "borrow it from my computer". I think if reording stars made less and the products were chaper know one would bother. The fact is you have people, who are nothings make one cd and they make $25 million. For example, and this is dating me a little. Once I became disabled I stopped lsiting to much music as I spend most of the time I would have listing to music, I klisten to talking books, so I have ot tkae an older example. I am sure recording artist are paid even more now. Whitney Houston, who never had recorded professionally made $25 million profit on her first album!

    The price of cd's tv shows,etc, are so high becuase the stars get paid so much. If they weren't high people would buy the cd's themselves.

    As far a recording tv shows/movies. They offered Noah Weyle over $30 for 2 years in er. They pay starts more than that to make one movie. If the tickets were cheap and the dvd's were sheap this would nto be an issue.

    This summer there was a survey of Movies done by the Wall st journal, as well as one by the Assoc Press and the industry as well, the largest complaint of movie aundances is that the tickets are too expensive, as the reason why there is a sharp dorp off at the box office with a crummy choice of movies as a nearby second. Howmuch longer and the entertainment industry pay huge fees out when no one is buying the product. They have reached the point that no one is willing to plop down more than 9 or so bucks for a cd or the movies.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    hiya, what is really crap about the entire issue, is that if I have a record, (hay I am 50, I call recordings records), or a cassette or a cd, and you wan to lend it to a friend top copy you, so what is the difference in allowing a stranger to "borrow it from my computer". I think if reording stars made less and the products were chaper know one would bother. The fact is you have people, who are nothings make one cd and they make $25 million. For example, and this is dating me a little. Once I became disabled I stopped lsiting to much music as I spend most of the time I would have listing to music, I klisten to talking books, so I have ot tkae an older example. I am sure recording artist are paid even more now. Whitney Houston, who never had recorded professionally made $25 million profit on her first album!
    The artist, especially new ones, make very little on recordings. Unless they are their own label, it's not the multi millions you think. Most of the money goes to the labels. Artists make the bulk of their money in merchandising and touring.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17. #17  
    I live on disablity so no matter what thye make it is far more than me. Keep in mind they choose to make $ that way, most do it try to make it big in the industry.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group

Posting Permissions