View Poll Results: Did "the girl" (now a woman):

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Die, at the end of the song?

9 52.94%
  • Live, at the end of the song?

2 11.76%
  • Artist is leaving it up to your interpretation.

3 17.65%
  • Other

3 17.65%
  1.    #1  
    Okay TreoCentral Family -- help me out here -- how do you think this song ended? I am having a discussion with my immediate family!

Cheers, Perry.
    Hey Perry

ROFLMAO

I have no idea. I don't remember ever hearing this song. I'm not a country music fan.

To help you win the discussion with your family, I'll agree to what you say......

Chuck
    Its been awhile since I have heard the song, but I remember thinking that she died......
    he doesnt really say, but if she lives, then doesnt he die? he did make a deal.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5.    #5  
    Hi Felipe!

God could grant the desire of the prayer but not require completion of the plea/offer that accompanied it. . . . . .

Cheers, Perry
    I always assumed she didn't make it through delivery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Okay TreoCentral Family -- help me out here -- how do you think this song ended?
    If you really want to know: the song ends with

"Johnny's daddy
    Was taking him fishin'
    When he was eight years old"
    (Lyrics)

Jokes aside though, in fact the whole incident turned out to be a false diagnosis (the doctor was already 69 and stopped working shortly after this event). Mother, baby and father survived and now live in Delhi, Louisiana, where the mother works part-time in a local diner. Johnny has a job as a car mechanic and still goes fishing with his dad occasionally.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    You should change the title of the poll. Makes you sound like a dirty ol' perv (not that there is anything wrong with that, mind you...)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9.    #9  
    Well, no startling news here. You have just confirmed the obvious, I am an incurable optimist. (I was the one Yes vote.)

Edit -- Well thank you, whoever, for the one non-me she lived vote.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/04/2006 at 10:11 PM.
    Did she go fishin' at the begining of the song?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Did she go fishin' at the begining of the song?
    Hi Sxtg!

That is my assumption. So, in that regard, you can consider she was "taken" against the boy's wishes in that situation, leading you to believe, she was taken at the end of the song, as well.

I view it as . . . every presented situation had a positive outcome (taken or not taken) during the song -- so why shouldn't the last situation have a positive outcome?

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/05/2006 at 10:10 AM.
    I believe the song is meant to go full circle
    Who's Tim McGraw?
    I'm back!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I believe the song is meant to go full circle

But I see all postive situations all along that circle. . . . . . . . . .
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Who's Tim McGraw?
    Married to Faith Hill.
    Married to Faith Hill.
    Oh that guy!

Lucky dog.
    I'm back!
    Sorry but I can't help you Perry. I'm more of a Metallica type guy and have no idea about Tim McGraw. But I've seen Faith Hill and she's hot like that other country singer, Shania Twain. So I voted Other, hoping that the girl was one of these two babes, and ended up hooking up with the other so we could all watch. Now THAT would be a country video I'd watch.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  18.    #18  
    You're bad.

Cheers, Perry
    Married to Faith Hill.
    also son of tug, you gotta believe, mcgraw.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  20.    #20  
    Well Folks, since I was so hopelessly out voted here, I decided to call my guys at B93, on the local Country/Western morning show. They were instantaneous with: their understanding is that -- she LIVED!!

Hope springs eternal! Now all I need is for the 700P to arrive!

I BELIEVE !! (or is that "you gotta believe"?)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/09/2006 at 09:45 AM.