1.    #1  
    I'm trying to figure out what to do for near year's eve. I'm thinking of driving down to Disneyland in Los Angeles. Has anyone ever been to Disneyland for near year's eve? Is it even open? Will there be fireworks? Anyone stayed at the hotel at Disneyland? Any good? I'm also worried whether it will rain too.

Last year, I went to the new year's eve party at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero in San Francisco. It was a fun party with lots of people and good dancing music. This year I want to try something different.

Thanks! CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I'm trying to figure out what to do for near year's eve. I'm thinking of driving down to Disneyland in Los Angeles. Has anyone ever been to Disneyland for near year's eve? Is it even open? Will there be fireworks? Anyone stayed at the hotel at Disneyland? Any good? I'm also worried whether it will rain too.

Last year, I went to the new year's eve party at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero in San Francisco. It was a fun party with lots of people and good dancing music. This year I want to try something different.

Thanks! CC.
    If you don't have tickets for Disneyland on NYE, it's probably already sold out.
    I'm back!

Thanks! CC.
    It is open.

There should be fireworks.

There are a couple of hotels; Disneyland, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier, etc.

The weather says that it may rain and that it will be partly cloudy. Lows 46-53.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Just wish that it does not get windy.
    Check out www.mouseplanet.com or www.miceage.com for info on Disney parks, both in Anaheim and Orlando, and beyond. www.jimhillmedia.com may be a good one to check as well.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks guys for all your information. Yesterday, I was able to get through to talk to a live person at Disneyland, which was a challenge. I was told that the fireworks is subject to cancelation in the event of rain or fog. I also learned that admission to the park is first come first serve, and they will close the park after a certain number is exceeded due to fire code safety. In other words, it would do me no good to even buy advanced tickets in the event they close their gates due to over capacity. Also, the Disneyland hotels are sold out already.

By the way, did anyone see the news yesterday about one of the Disneyland hotels. A large Christmas tree in the lobby caught on fire, and they had to evacuate thousands of guests in the middle of the night. Sure don't see that kind of news very often!
    Thanks guys for all your information. Yesterday, I was able to get through to talk to a live person at Disneyland, which was a challenge. I was told that the fireworks is subject to cancelation in the event of rain or fog. I also learned that admission to the park is first come first serve, and they will close the park after a certain number is exceeded due to fire code safety. In other words, it would do me no good to even buy advanced tickets in the event they close their gates due to over capacity. Also, the Disneyland hotels are sold out already.

By the way, did anyone see the news yesterday about one of the Disneyland hotels. A large Christmas tree in the lobby caught on fire, and they had to evacuate thousands of guests in the middle of the night. Sure don't see that kind of news very often!
    This is what I thought, the parks in Orlando (both Disney and Universal) routinely sell out both park tickets and hotel rooms months in advance for these types of events. Good luck booking one of the Universal hotels for a weekend stay during Halloween Horror Nights! I was told that most Disney-owned hotels were booked a year in advance for the Year 2000 Celebration in Orlando.

About buying your tickets early to guarantee admission, you can still pre-buy your tickets and guarantee yourself a spot in the park. When I told you they might be sold out, that was because Disney knows how many tickets they've sold and what their max capacity for the park is. They will sell tickets up to that max capacity for the day, with a buffer accounting for people who have non-specific day tickets. Buy your tickets now and just get there early enough, and as long as they haven't reached their max capacity by the time you get there, you'll be able to get in.
    I'm back!