1.    #1  
    You know, as the year draws to a close, I find myself in a very pensive mood. There hasn't been anything particularly responsible for this, other than the flow of time past me, and watching the events that it causes.

Bear with me, I have a point.

2005 has been a year that will most likely go down in the record books as fairly unremarkable. Any historian specializing in one particular area or another could probably point to something that stood out about it, but there was, to the average joe, nothing much.

Except one thing.

This year marked the 30th anniversary of the death of one of entertainments most important men. He showed us things completely undreamed of prior, and forty years into the future his work remians relevant.

I'm talking about Rod Serling.

I don't believe anyone with any intelligence could sit down and watch an episode of "The Twilight Zone" without admitting that it is a deeply personal, moving experience. Very few people born before, oh, 1985, would be able to say that they haven't been affected by an episode of this memorable show. Unfortunately, as time progresses (Time's a dirty *****, ain't she?) I have noticed an unwillingness in younger generations to view anything in "black and white" as possibly having any signifigance anymore. They roll there eyes, shake their heads, and put their iPod headphones back on, angry that you interupted there enjoyment of the vocal stylings of Sum41.

Screw them. Rod Serling was a great man, and he deserves to be recognized.

Please join me in filling out this USPS feedback form, petitioning them to create a Rod Serling postage stamp.

http://www.rodserling.com/petition.h...eedback%20Form

Honestly, I'm not sure how much longer we have. I don't see stamps being around forever, and I would really like to see this one get made.

Thanks.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    http://www.rodserling.com/petition.h...eedback%20Form

Honestly, I'm not sure how much longer we have.

Thanks.
    We may be out of time already. I can't get your link or www.rodserling.com to come up.

EDIT: It only opens in IE.
    I'm with ya, but the page wouldn't load....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    EDIT: It only opens in IE.
    DOH...that's obnoxious. But i'll fill out the form then go take a shower to cleanse the IE filth off me....
    - Albert Einstein
    I was only able to send an e-mail. The feedback form didn't work and for snail mail I need a stamp, which I don't have.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I was only able to send an e-mail. The feedback form didn't work and for snail mail I need a stamp, which I don't have.
    Same here....a comedy of errors. Maybe that's appropriate?
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    DOH...that's obnoxious. But i'll fill out the form then go take a shower to cleanse the IE filth off me....
    Thanks for the laugh. I had IE blocked off by my firewall, I had to authorized it just to fill up the form.
    The original Twilight Zone was a favorite show of mine when I was a kid...right up there with the original Star Trek TV series. The Twilight Zone would show in the late evening hour, and it sometimes would scare the crap out of me so I couldn't sleep at night. I can still remember Rod giving his little monologue introductions before each show. I've also watched the new series of Twilight Zone a few times, but I don't get that scared out of my pance feeling anymore!
    I don't have any issues with what you say about Rod Serling, but to call 2005 "unremarkable" makes me wonder if you were awake. Katrina and Rita combined make for a pretty remarkable year, don't you think? Then there's the elections in Iraq, as well as the never-ending war there. Add huge deficits, the highest gas prices in history, the most named hurricanes in recorded history, and I thinks it's been quite a newsworthy year.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I don't have any issues with what you say about Rod Serling, but to call 2005 "unremarkable" makes me wonder if you were awake. Katrina and Rita combined make for a pretty remarkable year, don't you think? Then there's the elections in Iraq, as well as the never-ending war there. Add huge deficits, the highest gas prices in history, the most named hurricanes in recorded history, and I thinks it's been quite a newsworthy year.
    Ditto.
    you'll be in your friggin glory this new year's

http://www.scifi.com/

twilight zone new year's marathon

45 nonstop hours
    I gotta give another ditto to meyerweb.

No offense to Rod Serling, but I recall 2005 as being the year we lost a number of people that have had a great impact in terms of entertainment or the number of other lives that they affected in some way.

I recall that we lost Pope John Paul II in 2005.

I recall that we lost Johnny Carson, William Rehnquist, Rosa Parks, Don Adams, Anne Bancroft, Frank Gorshin, Richard Pryor, Arthur Miller, Bob Denver, James Doohan, just to name a few that come to mind. There were many others this year. If I were to try hard I'm sure I could remember quite a few more.

just found this... http://www3.sympatico.ca/jenoff/obit.htm
    Last edited by gpco; 12/29/2005 at 08:12 PM.