Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So the Spankees signed the ***** Johnny Damon... it's pending a Physical and a hair cut.

What a bunch of jacka$$es

and Johnny... you're a god damn sellout.

Go SOX!!!!!!
    I知 a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  2.    #2  
    From Jim Caple's Page 2

What Would Jesus Do if Scott Boras were his agent? I don't know, but Johnny Damon just made the mistake of his career by signing a four-year, $52 million deal with the Yankees.

Players never learn. They can't help it, I guess. They become free agents and receive all those offers and see all those dollar signs, and then Boras whispers into their ears about how they'll go play in some magical land with talking animals, giant lollipops and marshmallow clouds. Naturally, they lose all their senses and sign for the most money instead of with the team that is best for them.
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    (Setting aside your love of the BoSox) Whats wrong with Damon signing with another team? If the BoSox couldn't sign him for what he is worth, why shouldn't he go somewhere else?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

4.    #4  
    Johnny is all wrong for the yanks... he is a cave man with wild hair and a club house leader... now for $3m more a year he'll have to be clean cut and will be a run of the mill yankee.

As Jim stated, the yanks killed Jason Giambi and they'll kill Johnny.

I hope he pulls and Mo Vauhn and twist his ancle on the first play of a game just so the yanks waste their money...

but i'm not bitter...
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    I hope he falls flat on that caveman face. *******.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Johnny is all wrong for the yanks... he is a cave man with wild hair and a club house leader... now for $3m more a year he'll have to be clean cut and will be a run of the mill yankee.

I hope he pulls and Mo Vauhn and twist his ancle on the first play of a game just so the yanks waste their money...

but i'm not bitter...
    I thought the problem (or speculation) with Giambi is that he was in the process of getting off the steroids? Wasnt he swinging the bat pretty good by the end of the season?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I thought the problem (or speculation) with Giambi is that he was in the process of getting off the steroids? Wasnt he swinging the bat pretty good by the end of the season?
    jason was never the same after he joined the yanks... even b4 the 'riods witch hunt started (though it wasn't really a witch hunt, those guys really did it)

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I'm pissed about this too. now not only have we lost a shortstop, but now there's a giant hole in center.
    and they want to let manny loose too now? geezus who's in charge of the sox these days? don't they understand anything about "team chemistry"?
    the sox were great because of the awesome team dynamics they played with. it was incredible. they were all clutch players when it counted - they worked off each other. if you break that up, you've lost it completely.

you can't replace that. you can put whoever you want in whatever position, I don't care what kind of stats they put up - if they don't have that team chemistry, its a freaking zero.
    bigred's right. johnny will be stifled in the yanks uniform. geezus. wouldn't you think if ya finally got a world series winning team after 86 YEARS that you'd keep EVERY one of those players together? cripes sake. I'm a sox fan, but this is awful.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    How (at least in the modern era) do you keep a winning team together year after year? The yankees consistantly win but they have to pony up every year.

BoSox mgmt couldn't keep the team together forever.

Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    well, you kind of answered you're question. you have to "pony up" to keep a good team together anymore.

yeah the yanks keep winning because they monopolize the talent. individual talent is one thing. chemistry is another. the yanks also had a great team when they lost to the sox, but team dynamics are what launched boston over the yanks..
    sure today its tough as hell to keep a team together, but when you've got a unique squad like that, I would think it'd be smart to try like hell to keep as much of it intact as possible. my opinion.

I don't think david ortiz would be as effective if manny left - they work off each other. you can see it. who knows how damon's departure will affect them.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    You Sox fans are way too bitter. Should've fired Lucchino and kept Theo, this way you would have kept Johnny, signed Clemens and probably kept Mueller and Millar. As a long time Yanks fan, my sense is that John Henry and Lucchino actually thought they were the keys behind the 04 Champs - apparently not. You better hope Theo signs on as a consultant or my sense is that it will be a very long season in beantown this year.

Regading the gorilla/jesus centerfielder, I attended Game 7 in 04 and I had the pleasure of sitting in seats along the field, almost directly b/w first base and the right field foul pole. I have had continuous nightmares of Damon's homers as they passed almost over my head on their way out of the park. All I can say is that as big of an enemy he may have been on the Sox, he will be a welcomed addition to the Yanks. We desperately need a centerfielder who can field, and Damon is one of the best lead off hitters in baseball. He might have made the difference against the Angels last year.

Finally, if Damon played for the Yanks the Sox would have tried to do the same thing. Funny how the Sox only seem to attract Yankees players at the end of their career (Cone, Wells,etc.). In any case, 2006 will be a great season in Yankee land for sure
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    How (at least in the modern era) do you keep a winning team together year after year? The yankees consistantly win but they have to pony up every year.

BoSox mgmt couldn't keep the team together forever.
    For the record... the Yanks have not won the world series since 2000. Back in the mid to late 90's the Yankees had a real team. Now it's an All Star Team. Thank god they didn't sign Nomar...

The sox are really in a big hole... no center fielder, the left fielder want's to leave, Trot (i almost type treo) is a good player, no all star, but he's a home town fav, and we have no short stop (we traded both of our possable starters in Haley Rameriz and Edger "the worst sox short stop ever" Diar-ria

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    You Sox fans are way too bitter. Should've fired Lucchino and kept Theo, this way you would have kept Johnny, signed Clemens and probably kept Mueller and Millar. As a long time Yanks fan, my sense is that John Henry and Lucchino actually thought they were the keys behind the 04 Champs - apparently not. You better hope Theo signs on as a consultant or my sense is that it will be a very long season in beantown this year.
    This is true... everyone should model the Pats. Robert Kraft is a good owner, he's a public figure but he let GM Scott Pioli and Bill Belichick run the team. Why couldn't the sox do this????

Regading the gorilla/jesus centerfielder, I attended Game 7 in 04 and I had the pleasure of sitting in seats along the field, almost directly b/w first base and the right field foul pole. I have had continuous nightmares of Damon's homers as they passed almost over my head on their way out of the park. All I can say is that as big of an enemy he may have been on the Sox, he will be a welcomed addition to the Yanks. We desperately need a centerfielder who can field, and Damon is one of the best lead off hitters in baseball. He might have made the difference against the Angels last year.
    Oh how i love game 7. I cried when I watched it, and I cried when my DVR's HDD Pooped the bed and I lost that game... thnx god for DVDs!

Finally, if Damon played for the Yanks the Sox would have tried to do the same thing. Funny how the Sox only seem to attract Yankees players at the end of their career (Cone, Wells,etc.). In any case, 2006 will be a great season in Yankee land for sure
    Wells was worth the money, good leftys are not a dime a dozen. And Cone was a good pitcher for the sox.

btw Ambtreo, who was the last Yankee starter to come out of the Yankee's farm system? I couldn't name him... At least the sox are growing pitchers and hitters in Pawtucket!
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    God I hate the Yankees. Though at least Steinbrenner spends money. I wish that our owner would open the purse strings a little and get the Astros some better bats instead of just resigning all the players from last year.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    For the record... the Yanks have not won the world series since 2000. Back in the mid to late 90's the Yankees had a real team. Now it's an All Star Team. Thank god they didn't sign Nomar...
    I don't measure success in only terms of winning the world series (i.e. poor Atlanta...how many division titles in a row?)

I am an Angels fan so I don't particularily like the Yanks either. But I like how Steinbrenner opens up the wallet.

The yankes overpaid for him just to spite the red sox. That is what chaps my ***. I dont think he is THAT good of a fit.

What will take the pain away though is when the two teams meet at Yankee stadium in a close game late innings. Runner on second-Ortiz hits a long, deep fly ball that Damon runs down way the hell out in the power alley. The runner on second tags up and scores because the best Damon can do is 3 hop Jeter at the cut off!

His arm was a problem at Fenway. It is going to be an even bigger problem in Yankee Stadium.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    ...btw Ambtreo, who was the last Yankee starter to come out of the Yankee's farm system? I couldn't name him... At least the sox are growing pitchers and hitters in Pawtucket!
    If Chien Min Wang and Aaron Small don't count, the last homegrown starter for the Yanks is Al Leiter...that is a tough trivia question.

In any case Damon used to kill the Yankees on a regular basis. Even if his arm is weak and he only scores 110 runs, he will be a huge improvement over Bubba Crosby. Basically we traded Kevin Brown for Damon in salary slots, not a bad deal.

And you are right, the Yanks have won 0 since 2000. The curse is on us until we win another Series.

And now I am preparing to enjoy the introductory press conference after enjoying the lovely pics of Johnny getting his locks trimmed - and his wife is certainly a looker !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1. How big is the spending limit for Boston right now? I feel like it must be HUGE.
    2. Having somone like Damon leave is one thing, having him choose the Yankees and letting the RedSox managment find out from the media that they lost him is another..
    3. Did you see his wife when they did the RedSox ***** Eye for the Straight Guy special? I wish he would go to New York and she would stay in Boston.
    I thought this was a pretty good article about this deal (and its mobile ;-) )
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/wireless/es...?story=2269586

Bah. I don't care. Damon's chief draw is as a character, not as a baseball player. He has benefitted from the powerful Boston lineup and will only reap more from the Yankees nasty 2-3-4.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast