Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by td67mustang
    You just cannot bet against the pats.. too much talent, chemistry, and history. Bill and brady always have found a way to pull it off. Im on the pats side!!! go pats!
    Actually Bellichick has had very little success against Shanahan over the years. Remember that, "Call in the National Guard game. These people need help.", game? That was Bellichick coaching wasn't it? I believe so. I can recall only one game Shanahan has lost to Bellichick and quite a few he won. And that was a MNF game the Broncos choked. The Broncos are undefeated at home this year and one of those wins included a fairly convincing victory over the Pats. The madness ends this weekend.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Hey Mr. Short Term Memory. Here's a link to jog your memory.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/...051128_PIT@IND

There was, "beating the crap out of their opponents", that night but it wasn't done by the Steelers. The final was Indy 26 Pitts 7. C'mon now. Just a few weeks ago we were talking about the Colts becoming the frist team ever to go undefeated. And now they're going to lose to Pittsburgh in the first round? Not likely. I have feeling this one is going to be ugly. If Carson Palmer hadn't gotten hurt, I don't even think the Steelers are playing this week IMO.
    Ha!

I agree it will be a tough game....I just like to give you crap. I do think Pitt has a good chance of beating them though....we'll see. And, speaking of short term memories, Indy would NOT have been the first team to go undefeated. Do I have to tell you who DID accomplish that feat? Oh, and it's the second round....but who's counting?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Actually Bellichick has had very little success against Shanahan over the years. Remember that, "Call in the National Guard game. These people need help.", game? That was Bellichick coaching wasn't it? I believe so. I can recall only one game Shanahan has lost to Bellichick and quite a few he won. And that was a MNF game the Broncos choked. The Broncos are undefeated at home this year and one of those wins included a fairly convincing victory over the Pats. The madness ends this weekend.
    Ah...the past.....

Let's take a look at that "fairly convincing victory" earlier this season. The same Broncos team we will see this weekend did, in fact, beat the New England Patriots 3 months ago. The New England team we will see this weekend is far from the same team that Denver beat 3 months ago, however. Some examples? Ok, let's see...Corey Dillon? Out. Kevin Faulk? Out. Troy Brown? Out. Tedy Bruschi? Out. Richard Seymour? Out. Mike Vrabel? Playing ILB for the very first time. Oh, and one of our Cb's was Duane Starks, as opposed to Ellis Hobbs...enough said about that. And even with all of those notable absences the score was 28-20. You're right....very convincing.

I look forward to a couple of great games this weekend!
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Ha!

I agree it will be a tough game....I just like to give you crap. I do think Pitt has a good chance of beating them though....we'll see. And, speaking of short term memories, Indy would NOT have been the first team to go undefeated. Do I have to tell you who DID accomplish that feat? Oh, and it's the second round....but who's counting?
    I meant to say the first team to go undefeated in a 16 game season. I also meant to say Indy's first round, albeit the NFL's second. But I think you know what I meant and are just stop deflecting attention away from what I showed to be a somewhat unrealistic prediction given the **** whooping the Steelers got from Indy. Nice try though!
    Ah...the past.....

Let's take a look at that "fairly convincing victory" earlier this season. The same Broncos team we will see this weekend did, in fact, beat the New England Patriots 3 months ago. The New England team we will see this weekend is far from the same team that Denver beat 3 months ago, however. Some examples? Ok, let's see...Corey Dillon? Out. Kevin Faulk? Out. Troy Brown? Out. Tedy Bruschi? Out. Richard Seymour? Out. Mike Vrabel? Playing ILB for the very first time. Oh, and one of our Cb's was Duane Starks, as opposed to Ellis Hobbs...enough said about that. And even with all of those notable absences the score was 28-20. You're right....very convincing.

I look forward to a couple of great games this weekend!
    Hmmm... lets see.... Corey Dillion? STILL not healthy. Kevin Faulk? Still trying to pick up the load for an unhealthy Dillion. Troy Brown? Gimme a break. Maybe they'll let him play punter or water boy this week. Tedy Bruschi? Didn't even play last week and who knows if he will this week. Yep. The Pat's still got a lot of the same problems. So at least you'll have some MORE EXCUSES this week. That should make you happy. And if I remember right, the score to that previous game was 28-3 until NE scored some garbage time TD's. The Pat's will not be able to stop Denver's running game and will eventually get bombed on with the play action pass.

BTW, I'm surprised you forgot to mention Rodney Harrison being out for the season. There's another excuse you can use. No charge. That one is on me.
  6.    #66  
    Face it Bob-C... all talking smack aside the Broncos cannot go into the game this weekend with the mindset that this is the same team they saw earlier in the season. The Pats are healthier, deeper, and have more momentum then Broncos. I just cannot say the Pats will lose without a **** eating grin on my face because i know this is going to be a great game.

And here's one for the ppl:

Homer: (reading Hank's letter) "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." (a whole football team is on his lawn) Aw, the Denver Broncos?!
    Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
    Homer: (disheartened) Yeah, yeah.
    Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
    Homer: (sighs) You just don't understand football, Marge.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I meant to say the first team to go undefeated in a 16 game season. I also meant to say Indy's first round, albeit the NFL's second. But I think you know what I meant and are just stop deflecting attention away from what I showed to be a somewhat unrealistic prediction given the **** whooping the Steelers got from Indy. Nice try though!
    I honestly don't think it's unrealistic at all. Indy is going to be rusty, the Steelers will be ready to go. What happens when Peyton gets a little rattled when his timing is thrown off? It's a real possibility, like it or not. The colts definitely are a good team, and may very well win, but it will be a tough, close game that could go either way. That's not smack talk, that realism.
    - Albert Einstein
    Hmmm... lets see.... Corey Dillion? STILL not healthy. Kevin Faulk? Still trying to pick up the load for an unhealthy Dillion. Troy Brown? Gimme a break. Maybe they'll let him play punter or water boy this week. Tedy Bruschi? Didn't even play last week and who knows if he will this week. Yep. The Pat's still got a lot of the same problems. So at least you'll have some MORE EXCUSES this week. That should make you happy. And if I remember right, the score to that previous game was 28-3 until NE scored some garbage time TD's. The Pat's will not be able to stop Denver's running game and will eventually get bombed on with the play action pass.

BTW, I'm surprised you forgot to mention Rodney Harrison being out for the season. There's another excuse you can use. No charge. That one is on me.
    I wasn't making excuses. The pats lost that game, no question about it. And yes, I know it wasn't really as close as the score indicated...just wanted to ruffle your feathers a little...
    Dillon will be able to play at least ost of the game. Bruschi was rested because he WASN'T NEEDED AGAINST THE JAGS. Yes, he has a sore calf...the extra week off will make him game ready for sure. And like it or not...he is a MAJOR factor in the game. And as for Brown, show me another player with his versatility and commitment to the game. Is he a superstar player? No, but he does help get the job....whatever the job happens to be....done. And the Pats do have the momentum. Everyone counted them down early in the season....even many of their "fans" (don't get me started). If there is a way for them to win, they'll find it. Like I said, it'll be a tough game, but I really think they have the edge....a mile high or otherwise.
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Face it Bob-C... all talking smack aside the Broncos cannot go into the game this weekend with the mindset that this is the same team they saw earlier in the season. The Pats are healthier, deeper, and have more momentum then Broncos. I just cannot say the Pats will lose without a **** eating grin on my face because i know this is going to be a great game.

And here's one for the ppl:

Homer: (reading Hank's letter) "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." (a whole football team is on his lawn) Aw, the Denver Broncos?!
    Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
    Homer: (disheartened) Yeah, yeah.
    Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
    Homer: (sighs) You just don't understand football, Marge.

Timmay
    - Albert Einstein
    I remember that Simpsons episode. It was a great! But you have to remember that the context of that episode was after they had lost 3 out of 4 years in a row and BEFORE they won two back to back SuperBowls. Its no different the image New England had when they were only known for the Refrigerator scoring on them in that 46-10 beating by the Bears. Both are dated. But it was pretty funny at the time. Remember that one when Homer fantasized he was Elway?
    Last edited by Bob-C; 01/11/2006 at 10:11 AM.
    I honestly don't think it's unrealistic at all. Indy is going to be rusty, the Steelers will be ready to go. What happens when Peyton gets a little rattled when his timing is thrown off? It's a real possibility, like it or not. The colts definitely are a good team, and may very well win, but it will be a tough, close game that could go either way. That's not smack talk, that realism.
    Well one of us are WAYYYYYYY off base because I think this game is going to get out of hand. Only the game will tell us which one. But I see this game going like the last one with Indy getting off to a quick start taking Pgh's running game out of the picture. Remember last game when Marvin Harrison scored an 80 yard TD against the Steelers on the first play? Hey, I like Pgh's tough style and they would have a chance in the cold of Pgh but they're playing in a dome. I think their secondary will once again show that they cannot contain the Colts WR's.
  12.    #72  
    Homer, on your way out, if you want to kill somebody, it would help me a lot.

------------------------------------------

FBI Agent: Don't worry Mrs. Simpson we've helped hundreds of people in danger. We'll give you a new name, a new job, new identity.

Homer:
    (Raising hand) Oooh, I want to be John Elway! (Homer starts day dreaming about being John Elway. The ball is snapped to Homer and he dives over the pile into the endzone.)

Announcer: Elway takes the snap and runs it in for a touchdown! Thanks to Elway's Patanent last second magic the final score of Super Bowl XXX is Denver 7, San Francisco 56.

Homer:(Back to reality) Woo Hoo!

Cape Feare... i forgot how good that episode was... with sideshow bob stepping on the rakes!
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 01/11/2006 at 09:53 AM.
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I wasn't making excuses. The pats lost that game, no question about it. And yes, I know it wasn't really as close as the score indicated...just wanted to ruffle your feathers a little...
    Dillon will be able to play at least ost of the game. Bruschi was rested because he WASN'T NEEDED AGAINST THE JAGS. Yes, he has a sore calf...the extra week off will make him game ready for sure. And like it or not...he is a MAJOR factor in the game. And as for Brown, show me another player with his versatility and commitment to the game. Is he a superstar player? No, but he does help get the job....whatever the job happens to be....done. And the Pats do have the momentum. Everyone counted them down early in the season....even many of their "fans" (don't get me started). If there is a way for them to win, they'll find it. Like I said, it'll be a tough game, but I really think they have the edge....a mile high or otherwise.
    I still disagree that the Pats will be that much of a different team from earlier in the season. Their secondary isn't going to magically get any less vulnerable to the deep ball than they've been all season. And they're momentum and improved run defense numbers is in no way unrelated to having the Jets and Bills, each twice, late in the season. I've watched Corey Dillion all year as I had him on my fantasy squad which, thanks to him, did not make the playoffs. He's had games where he was supposed to be healthy, suited up, and then did not even play. He's had other games where's he played but just not been the same guy he was last year. That's why Faulk is getting so much more playing time. And I don't buy that Bruschi didn't play because they didn't need him. Dillion could have used another week of rest so why did they start him if that was the case? Surely they didn't need him either, right? No. Bellichick would not bench a guy like Bruschi unless there was something going on. And with the way Bellichick fails to disclose the truth in his injury reports (see Dillion, Corey) it would be a little naieve to suspect that he's anywhere near 100%. And unless Troy Brown spends a few hours in the Way Back machine to take a few years off that odometer, don't talk to me about Troy Brown. A gutty, admirable, team player yes, but not a key to the Pats winning anymore.

The bottomline is that even if the Pats are not the same team they were earlier in the year, they are still a FAR way from being the team they were last season which is what many in the media are making it look like.

Can you honestly tell me that Dillion and Bruschi are playing at the same level they were last year at this time?
    I've never said they are the same team they were last year. I have said, and am saying, that they are not the same team they were earlier THIS year. Are they flawless? Of course not, but neither are any of the other teams.

It seems neither of us will convince the other of anything, so this will all be settled on the field....I wouldn't have it any other way!

As for Dillon and Bruschi. Dillon has lost a small step, but is still a good back. Bruschi hasn't lost anything. He has a minor injury and missed a game. Other than that, how has his play changed? He is still incredible.

I CANNOT wait to see them beat Denver.
    - Albert Einstein

I CANNOT wait to see them beat Denver.
    That's because it is impossible to wait for something that is NOT going to happen. For example, I CANNOT wait to have a three-some with Britney Spears and Sarah Michelle Gellar. Or I CANNOT wait until the Pats players stop that idiotic talk about not getting any respect.

We do agree about something though. The Pats are NOT the team they were last year. At least you recognize that. No one else picking the Pats seems to in the media. They're certainly a good team but nowhere close to last year's model. BTW, of all the teams that have played the Pats in at least 4 games since 2001, the Broncos are the only team with a winning record going 3-1. Take it for what it is worth but I found it interesting.

As for the Steelers, I am so certain they will lose that even being a Broncos fan it did not even occur to me that Denver could host the title game should they win. So Go Steelers!
  16.    #76  
    Bruschi hasn't lost anything. He has a minor injury and missed a game. Other than that, how has his play changed? He is still incredible.
    Bruschi isn't even on the injured list!
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Bruschi isn't even on the injured list!
    That's Bellichick for you. The rules on full disclosure mean nothing to him. For a guy to be held out one game for some unspecified injury to not even being on the injury list the next week really underlines it. Remember last year when Deion Branch was listed as being day to day - for about two months - before he played again with some (still) undisclosed injury? I can't believe that the NFL lets him get away with that stuff. I guess Bellichick made the sign of the cross on Bruschi's forehead and faith healed him this week.
  18.    #78  
    The Falcons did the same thing with Vick b4 the pats played them. They made it seam like Vick was goin to play only to have him in sweats for the entire game...

and the pats n falcons aren't the only one's who do this. it's just bending the rules but not breaking them.

Do me a favor and don't be narrow minded when bringing up points (when it comes to foot ball)

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    The Falcons violated the rules too then. It's wrong and undermines the league's credibility. The whole honest to god truth of the injury report - and I don't care whether anyone agrees with it or not - is so that the people in Vegas, and less credible family businesses in other areas, can reliably know who is and isn't playing. That way no one is accused of fixing a game. It is certainly breaking the rules what both of these teams do. The Pats are just the most visible of the teams doing it because they have had so much success of the past few years. Mike Shanahan did something like this a few years ago - I can't remember the details - and got fined by the league. Rightly so. It seems that the league has not enforced the rules since and I don't know how Bellichick has so consistently and visibly gotten away with it.
    Wow. Is there no limit to your hatred of the Patriots?

He was probable last week, he is healthy this week. What's the problem? I do not see this as Belichick "consistently and visibly" lying about anything.
    - Albert Einstein
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast