Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Libraries are a place where knowledge is obtained and exchanged and that is the very basis of a sound democracy.

    I understand that a police state would make it basically impossible to carry out a terrorist act however the loss of freedom is not a fair price IMO. I see how Israelis choose to live, being searched on a whim etc and I say, never here. Also, do realize, the more we chip away at our own freedom and liberties the more the terrorist wins.
    Did you forget what party you represent?
  2. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    No, it says let the extreme crap sunset, and take what we had before and make it better! For example, the 9-11 commission recommendations.
    Great doctrine, typical liberal. Take what we have and make it better. Now that is a strategy, well thought out and easy to execute.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Did you forget what party you represent?
    Huh?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    let the extreme crap sunset
    Which sections are extreme and why? What abuses have taken place due to these over the past four years?

    I'd like to know your thoughts, not just your feelings.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    No, it says let the extreme crap sunset, and take what we had before and make it better! For example, the 9-11 commission recommendations.
    What points do you support. A huge portion of this doc is telling Bush to re-organize the whole Intel community. Provide better tools for monitoring terrorists. Centralize the the funnel of information through a single dept or office. ....etc.....

    I am not sure you have read the report so here is the link:

    http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/index.htm
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Huh?
    for a second it sounded like you wanted the gov. to stay out of my business
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    What points do you support. A huge portion of this doc is telling Bush to re-organize the whole Intel community. Provide better tools for monitoring terrorists. Centralize the the funnel of information through a single dept or office. ....etc.....

    I am not sure you have read the report so here is the link:

    http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/index.htm
    The information sharing re-org was a step in the right direction. I like the air marshall program too, regardless of that unfortunate incident.

    Port screening is the real hole. We need containers screened at the nations ports to plug a really big hole.

    Group infiltration (not domestic) and other intelligence gathering is very important and useful.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    for a second it sounded like you wanted the gov. to stay out of my business
    I think this transcends parties.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    The Patriot Act has nothing to do with Hussein, why would you say such a thing?
    YOU are the one saying sneak & peek warrants are a sign we are a police state. Iraq was clearly a police state. I was merely pointing out how ignorant your statement was.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    The information sharing re-org was a step in the right direction. I like the air marshall program too, regardless of that unfortunate incident.

    Port screening is the real hole. We need containers screened at the nations ports to plug a really big hole.

    Group infiltration (not domestic) and other intelligence gathering is very important and useful.
    Where would this info come from? Don't the members of these "groups" also have "domestic" lives?
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Group infiltration (not domestic) and other intelligence gathering is very important and useful
    So you don't think gathering intel on a domestic group such as the 9/11 cell is useful? Do you not see what an extremist that makes you?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Huh?
    The threat of "then the terrorists win" is typically a phrase associated with the right, which, last I checked you disliked.

    But I think you knew that.
  13. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    The information sharing re-org was a step in the right direction. I like the air marshall program too, regardless of that unfortunate incident.

    Port screening is the real hole. We need containers screened at the nations ports to plug a really big hole.

    Group infiltration (not domestic) and other intelligence gathering is very important and useful.
    If I am buying something from a foreign country why do you want to snoop around in the container it is shipped in. You are violating my privacy.

    When you gather intelligence how do you know they are not US citizens, be careful who you gather intelligence on.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    The information sharing re-org was a step in the right direction. I like the air marshall program too, regardless of that unfortunate incident.

    Port screening is the real hole. We need containers screened at the nations ports to plug a really big hole.

    Group infiltration (not domestic) and other intelligence gathering is very important and useful.
    I think all of these point are valid points that I would love to see happen and added to (or kept in) the anti-terrorism tool box.

    I doubt many hear on the right, left, or middle would argue much, except for the point below.

    But those ideas still do not address detecting building terrorist plots from within our country via communication means and research usually conducted while plot is developing. But if you don't infiltrate or gather intel on terror groups or cells domestically, how do you plan on finding them and stopping them.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I think this transcends parties.
    Defeatest!
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Where would this info come from? Don't the members of these "groups" also have "domestic" lives?

    I included that qualifier due to the abuse of infiltration of peaceful domestic political policy organizations in the sixties/seventies.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I think all of these point are valid points that I would love to see happen and added to (or kept in) the anti-terrorism tool box.

    I doubt many hear on the right, left, or middle would argue much, except for the point below.

    But those ideas still do not address detecting building terrorist plots from within our country via communication means and research usually conducted while plot is developing. But if you don't infiltrate or gather intel on terror groups or cells domestically, how do you plan on finding them and stopping them.
    Again, I want to be careful of repeating past abuses of that type of infiltration. Also, since I don't believe much of this is originating from within the US, (except Timothy McVeigh & Eric Rudolph) infiltration closer to the originating source would be best.
  18. #58  
    I think the pentagon and the WTC are within our borders if memory serves.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I think the pentagon and the WTC are within our borders if memory serves.
    If my memory serves, those responsible were from Saudi Arabia.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    If my memory serves, those responsible were from Saudi Arabia.
    Did it not occur to you that the key word in your post is FROM.

    They were from Saudi Arabi. They were not IN Saudi Arabia. Why do such elemental facts need to be pointed out?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions