Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    And again, Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism other than supporting the Palestinian cause. That in and of itself is a completely debatable topic in and of itself.
    And the support and harboring of the first WTC bomber I referred to earlier would be what, exactly, if not supporting terrorism?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    There's definitely a new thread here...
    Yea, Hussein and AQ were diabolic partners in global crime.
    And your evidence is one article in a magazine no one reads?

If you don't think Saddam was capable of using AQ operatives for his own objectives you are dangerously naive. He was willing to attemp to assasinate a former President of the US. You think he wasn't looking for a way to get back of us and wouldn't have used whatever means was available to him? Grow up.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Ten days after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, President Bush was advised that U.S. intelligence found no credible connection linking the attacks to the regime of Saddam Hussein, or evidence suggesting linkage between Saddam and the al-Qaida terrorist network, according to a published report.

The report, published Tuesday in The National Journal, cites government records, as well as present and former officials with knowledge of the issue. The information in the story, written by National Journal contributor Murray Waas, points to an abiding administration concern for secrecy that extended to keeping information from the Senate committee charged with investigating the matter.

In one of the Journal report's more compelling disclosures, Saddam is said to have viewed al-Qaida as a threat, rather than a potential ally.

----

Yea, Hussein and AQ were diabolic partners in global crime.
    I am so happy they took all of 10 days to determine there was no credible link. Man, that must be one well organized team that could sort through all of the details, determine that the terrorist that were in Iraq (carjackastan, kurdistan, monkeyseemonkeydostan) were actually enemies of Saddam who were spying on him, that the aircraft fuselage was actually an amusement park ride, and the training camps were for boyscout use only.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    And to think I deleted that post because I didn't like the way it came across.

I know, a Republican with a conscience....the horror!
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    And to think I deleted that post because I didn't like the way it came across.

I know, a Republican with a conscience....the horror!
    I was wondering where that came from, it was funny.
    To say everyone else lies so it's ok Bush lies is childish. Besides, there's a difference in lying to get a 50 million dollar bridge built for 40 of your constituents versus putting our military in harms way.
    Well thanks for the compliment- your haughtiness is always amusing to this realist. Open your fawn-like eyes and realize that all politics is ridden with this disease and it's no more prevalent on the right than the left. The liberals just do a better job of feigning dismay and shock when someone from the right is accused of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I was wondering where that came from, it was funny.
    I didn't want to go down THAT route, you know?
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I didn't want to go down THAT route, you know?
    deleted
    EVERY single one of the cons brought up in this thread has already been covered in detail with evidence for and against. It is just running the 2 month cycle of asking it all over again to see if this time the answer comes out differently. This thread should be merged with

Claim of al-Qaida ties to Iraq called coerced

which should be merged with this one:

Did Bush Lie?? You decide!

As all the links are already there. If you haven't noticed, most of my replies lately have been just copy and pasting my answers from when Culup, DaThomas, Barye, NRG, etc... brought them up 6 months ago, and then again 4 months ago, ect...

I have also noticed a trend that when I include well referenced and cited answers, I don't always get a reply back. But that is just probably my imagination.
    Anyone see this from today's WSJ? Not time to worry about Iran just yet; there's no clear link to terrorism there yet. Let's sit back and have tea with all the other UN toadies and wait for Iran to annhilate the only solid democracy in the Middle East. Or maybe Krauthammer's just twisting th eintelligence to suit his own agenda...

COMMENTARY

Iran's President Has His Eye
    On Armageddon

By CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER
    The Washington Post
    December 19, 2005

Lest you get carried away with the good election news from Iraq, consider what's happening next door in Iran. The wild pronouncements of the new Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, have gotten sporadic press ever since he called for Israel to be wiped off the map. He later amended himself to say that Israel should simply be extirpated from the Middle East map and moved to some German or Austrian province. Perhaps near the site of an old extermination camp?

Except that there were no such camps, indeed no Holocaust at all, says Ahmadinejad. Nothing but "myth," a "legend" that was "fabricated … under the name 'Massacre of the Jews.'" This brought the usual reaction from European and American officials, who, with Churchillian rage and power, called these statements unacceptable. That something serious may accrue to Iran for this -- say, expulsion from the U.N. for violating its most basic principle by advocating the outright eradication of a member state -- is, of course, out of the question.

To be sure, Holocaust denial and calls for Israel's destruction are commonplace in the Middle East. They can be seen every day on Hezbollah TV, in Syrian media, in Egyptian editorials appearing in semiofficial newspapers. But none of these aspiring mass murderers is on the verge of acquiring nuclear weapons that could do in one afternoon what it took Hitler six years to do -- destroy an entire Jewish civilization and extinguish six million souls. Everyone knows where Iran's nuclear weapons will be aimed. Everyone knows they will be put on Shahab rockets that have been modified so they can now reach Israel. And everyone knows that if the button is ever pushed, it will be the end of Israel.

But it gets worse. The president of a country about to go nuclear is a confirmed believer in the coming apocalypse. Like Judaism and Christianity, Shiite Islam has its own version of the messianic return -- the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam.

Last month, Ahmadinejad said publicly that the main mission of the Islamic Revolution is to pave the way for the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam. As in some versions of fundamentalist Christianity, the second coming will be accompanied by the usual trials and tribulations, death and destruction. Iranian journalist Hossein Bastani reported Ahmadinejad saying in official meetings that the hidden imam will reappear in two years.

So a Holocaust-denying, virulently anti-Semitic, aspiring genocidist, on the verge of acquiring weapons of the apocalypse, believes that the end is not only near, but nearer than the next American presidential election. This kind of man would have, to put it gently, less inhibition about starting Armageddon than a normal person.

It gets worse. After his speech to the U.N. in September, Ahmadinejad was caught on videotape telling a cleric that during the speech an aura, a halo, appeared around his head right on the podium of the General Assembly. "I felt the atmosphere suddenly change. And for those 27 or 28 minutes, the leaders of the world did not blink… It seemed as if a hand was holding them there, and it opened their eyes to receive the message from the Islamic Republic."

Negotiations to deny this certifiable lunatic genocidal weapons have been going nowhere. Everyone knows they will go nowhere. And no one will do anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    EVERY single one of the cons brought up in this thread has already been covered in detail with evidence for and against. It is just running the 2 month cycle of asking it all over again to see if this time the answer comes out differently. This thread should be merged with

Claim of al-Qaida ties to Iraq called coerced

which should be merged with this one:

Did Bush Lie?? You decide!

As all the links are already there. If you haven't noticed, most of my replies lately have been just copy and pasting my answers from when Culup, DaThomas, Barye, NRG, etc... brought them up 6 months ago, and then again 4 months ago, ect...

I have also noticed a trend that when I include well referenced and cited answers, I don't always get a reply back. But that is just probably my imagination.
    Uh, no. That's DA's MO.

Classic case of Bush Derangement Syndrome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes
    No, it's not your imagination.
    Iraq speeches, election don't help Bush

New poll: A majority doesn't approve of his handling of Iraq

President Bush's approval ratings do not appear to have changed significantly, despite a number of recent speeches he's given to shore up public support for the war in Iraq and its historic elections on Thursday.

A CNN/USA Today Gallup poll conducted over the weekend found his approval rating stood at 41 percent, with a majority, or 52 percent, saying it was a mistake to send troops to Iraq. More than half, or 56 percent, disapprove of how the president is handling his job, and 61 percent say they disapprove of how he is handling Iraq specifically. The margin of error was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

The poll interviews were conducted before President Bush's Oval Office address, which was broadcast on primetime television Sunday. (Read what he said.)

Although half of those surveyed considered Iraq's first full-term parliamentary election since the ouster of Saddam Hussein either a major or key step toward the U.S. achieving its goals in Iraq, only 40 percent felt the U.S. was winning the war. Half said that neither side was winning.

The poll was nearly split, 49 percent to 47 percent, between those who thought the U.S. will either "definitely" or "probably" win, and those who said the U.S. will lose. That said, 69 percent of those polled expressed optimism that the U.S. can win the war. The margin of error for how respondents assessed the war was plus or minus 4.5 percentage points.

When asked how long U.S. troops will stay in Iraq, more than four out of five respondents, or 82 percent, said they believed U.S. troops will be there from one to three years, if not longer. Only 17 percent believe U.S. troops will return home in a year or less.

As for how long U.S. troops should stay in Iraq, an overwhelming number of people, or 88 percent, said U.S. troops should stay no longer than three years. Nine percent felt that U.S. troops should stay longer. More than half, or 59 percent, say U.S. troops should leave by this time next year.

Although half those polled said that a stable government in Iraq was likely within a year, 62 percent said Iraqi forces were unlikely to ensure security without U.S. assistance. And 63 percent said Iraq was unlikely to prevent terrorists from using Iraq as a base. The margin of error on questions pertaining to troop duration in Iraq, as well as the country's future, was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

The poll interviewed 1,003 adult Americans and found that the public has also grown more skeptical about Bush's key arguments in favor of the war. Compared with two years ago, when 57 percent considered Iraq a part of the war on terrorism, 43 percent think so now. In the weekend poll, 55 percent said they view the war in Iraq as separate from the war on terror. The margin of error on this line of questioning was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

On the domestic front, 56 percent of those polled say they disapprove of how Bush is handling the economy; by contrast, 41 percent approve. The margin of error was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

The president may find support for his call to renew the Patriot Act. Forty-four percent said they felt the Patriot Act is about right, and 18 percent said it doesn't go far enough. A third of respondents say they believe the Patriot Act has gone too far in restricting people's civil liberties to investigate suspected terrorism.

Nearly two-thirds said they are not willing to sacrifice civil liberties to prevent terrorism, as compared to 49 percent saying so in 2002. The margin of error was plus or minus 4.5 percentage points for those questions.
    Whatever...

Bush’s Poll Numbers Climb

After months of freefall, President Bush's poll numbers have seen an uptick this week. Today's NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll is the latest showing the trend.
    BTW, anyone else find it refreshing that Bush does what he thinks is right despite what the polls say?
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Whatever...

BTW, anyone else find it refreshing that Bush does what he thinks is right despite what the polls say?
    Yea, like the Miers nomination.

"UP & DOWN VOTE!!! UP & DOWN VOTE!! Everyone deserves an up and down vote!!"

puleez

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

puleez

What are you trying to say? That Bush asked Miers to withdraw or that she should have had an up or down vote?

puleez
    Yes. even that. He stuck with her waaaaay too long, though he did eventually give in to pressure and did the right thing - which was partially my point.
    Another poll showing Bush's rising approval numbers.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ory?id=1421748
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    That's the benefit of a second term presidency. You care a little less about approval ratings, and more about what you want to accomplish.

Unless you're Bubba, and then you're worrying about getting impeached and removed from office.
    I'm back!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234