Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    In one of the Journal report's more compelling disclosures, Saddam is said to have viewed al-Qaida as a threat, rather than a potential ally.
    So the sole person to escape the US after plotting the first WTC bombing fled to Iraq and was supported by the Hussein regime because there was no connection between AQ and Iraq???

At any rate your points are very debatable, which makes it hard to say Bush lied. Not that that stops you...
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    More from the fever swamps of the Left.

1. Where was Zarqawi in September of 2002? Answer: Northern Iraq. I know you don't think that counts, but I suspect you're in the minority.
    Northern Iraq might as well have been named Kurdistan at that point. It was autonamous. So no, you can't link Hussein to it.

2. Abu Nidal and Abu Abbas were guests of Saddam for years. Saddam open gave money to PLO homicide bombers. You're saying that these acts are supporting terrorism? Of course you are, because you believe the airplane fuselage at the Iraqi training facility was for training their security forces.
    Again it has nothing to do with 9-11.

3. You don't think oppressing his own people, invading Iran and attacking Kuwait weren't acts of aggression?
    Kuwait was addressed. Iran was a nightmare which YOUR gov't completely supported. Internal oppression is the least of this country's concern given how much we support the Chinese gov't.

Pathetic. Next you'll tell us that you care deeply about our military.
    That's the last insult I will take from you. You now have the honor of being the first person on this board to be on my ignore list.
    Is google.com blocked on your network?
    You have made similar requests of me with quotes I presented with google as just a viable option.

In a solid debate, it is usually customary to included quotes of sources when posting. You obviously were already there.
    Kuwait was addressed. Iran was a nightmare which YOUR gov't completely supported. Internal oppression is the least of this country's concern given how much we support the Chinese gov't.
    "YOUR gov't"???

Come on.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    You have made similar requests of me with quotes I presented with google as just a viable option.

In a solid debate, it is usually customary to included quotes of sources when posting. You obviously were already there.
    The context is right there and quotes are easily googled. I have only made cite requests of you when I have been unable to google a quote.
    Dooooode! You yourself keep saying this war has nothing to do with 9-11. Please try to comprehend that this war is on Terrorism. 9-11 was simply a wake up call that made us realize we must take an offensive stance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    "YOUR gov't"???

Come on.
    Very well. OUR gov't.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Dooooode! You yourself keep saying this war has nothing to do with 9-11. Please try to comprehend that this war is on Terrorism. 9-11 was simply a wake up call that made us realize we must take an offensive stance.
    And again, Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism other than supporting the Palestinian cause. That in and of itself is a completely debatable topic in and of itself.

The support in this country was overwhelming for military action to address 9-11 particularly al-queda and by extension the taliban. This administration took that domestic support and twisted it into an invasion of iraq.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Sept 12, 2002 - "Al Qaeda terrorists escaped from Afghanistan and are known to be in Iraq." (speech to United Nations urging disarming of Iraq) - think Sept. 12

Jan 28, 2003 - "We've got the terrorists on the run. We're keeping them on the run. One by one the terrorists are learning the meaning of American justice.

"Evidence from intelligence sources, secret communications and statements by people now in custody reveal that Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including members of al Qaeda." (State of the Union address)

March 17, 2003 - "The (Saddam ) regime has a history of reckless aggression in the Middle East. It has a deep hatred of America and our friends and it has aided, trained and harbored terrorists, including operatives of al Qaeda.

"The security of the world requires disarming Saddam Hussein now." (speech to nation setting 48-hour deadline for Saddam to leave Iraq or face war)

May 1, 2003 - "The liberation of Iraq is a crucial advance in the campaign against terror. We have removed an ally of al Qaeda and cut off a source of terrorist funding ... " (announcing end of major combat in Iraq)

Edited to add:
    Ten days after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, President Bush was advised that U.S. intelligence found no credible connection linking the attacks to the regime of Saddam Hussein, or evidence suggesting linkage between Saddam and the al-Qaida terrorist network, according to a published report.

The report, published Tuesday in The National Journal, cites government records, as well as present and former officials with knowledge of the issue. The information in the story, written by National Journal contributor Murray Waas, points to an abiding administration concern for secrecy that extended to keeping information from the Senate committee charged with investigating the matter.

In one of the Journal report's more compelling disclosures, Saddam is said to have viewed al-Qaida as a threat, rather than a potential ally.
    Is this really what you are going to use to support Bush lied?

Escaped terrorist were in Iraq (even if you divide the country into multiple countries and say they were in non-Iraq part of Iraq).

Yes, terrorist were on the run, "evidence shows" indicates he was telling us what the world felt was credible information that may turn out false in the future.

Saddam hated America, (news flash) that is true and again yes their were terrorist in Iraq.

I do not think Saddam is writing too many checks to terrorist suicide bomber families these days now is he.

And as far as your edited information you will always have opposing views and individuals will determine which they feel is more accurate and which side of the argument has more evidence.

Which is the lie?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    And again, Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism other than supporting the Palestinian cause. That in and of itself is a completely debatable topic in and of itself.

The support in this country was overwhelming for military action to address 9-11 particularly al-queda and by extension the taliban. This administration took that domestic support and twisted it into an invasion of iraq.
    Maybe I should give some credit to your conspiracy theory.. After all who else knows better about twisting facts for ones own agenda...
    That's the last insult I will take from you. You now have the honor of being the first person on this board to be on my ignore list.
    I'd like to thank the little people that made this achievement possible. Oh ,geez, this is going to take some time...how much time do I have?

Claire, you were an inspiration. Phurth, your calm reason and stubborn facts set the standard. SXTG, AlaskanDad, JMill, oh, the music is coming up and there are so many others. Thank you! Thank you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Is this really what you are going to use to support Bush lied?

Escaped terrorist were in Iraq (even if you divide the country into multiple countries and say they were in non-Iraq part of Iraq).

Yes, terrorist were on the run, "evidence shows" indicates he was telling us what the world felt was credible information that may turn out false in the future.

Saddam hated America, (news flash) that is true and again yes their were terrorist in Iraq.

I do not think Saddam is writing too many checks to terrorist suicide bomber families these days now is he.

And as far as your edited information you will always have opposing views and individuals will determine which they feel is more accurate and which side of the argument has more evidence.

Which is the lie?

History will judge this accordingly. I understand you are being a team player and that's fine. I was fully behind the taking down of the Taliban and stabilization of Afghanistan, but I recognized when this administration wrongfully turned towards Iraq. There is no greater lie than using the unified feelings of post 9-11 Americans to further a pre-existing neo-con agenda. I'm sorry you can't see that.
    Very well. OUR gov't.
    I'm happier now.

I had to suffer through 8 years of Bubba, you can do the same with GWB.
    I'm back!
    Stop changing the standard. You said Bush lied and offered the (weak) examples of Bush stating there were links between AQ, terrorism and Iraq. When presented with evidence of just such a linkage you change the subject to 9/11, which no one else brougt up.

Iraq was clearly linked to terrorism and Al Qaeda at the very least at a superficial "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" level. Iraq was not above using AQ to hit us and lay it at AQ's feet.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    I'd like to thank the little people that made this achievement possible. Oh ,geez, this is going to take some time...how much time do I have?

Claire, you were an inspiration. Phurth, your calm reason and stubborn facts set the standard. SXTG, AlaskanDad, JMill, oh, the music is coming up and there are so many others. Thank you! Thank you all!
    I can't believe he forgot Insertion.....

I'm back!

he was clearly overwhelmingly high on emotions.
    There is no greater lie than using the unified feelings of post 9-11 Americans to further a pre-existing neo-con agenda. I'm sorry you can't see that.
    We can't see things that aren't there. It seems you aren't so limited.

I didn't want to go over my time and impact on the next nomination.

Insertion is definitely on my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Stop changing the standard. You said Bush lied and offered the (weak) examples of Bush stating there were links between AQ, terrorism and Iraq. When presented with evidence of just such a linkage you change the subject to 9/11, which no one else brougt up.

Iraq was clearly linked to terrorism and Al Qaeda at the very least at a superficial "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" level. Iraq was not above using AQ to hit us and lay it at AQ's feet.
    Ten days after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, President Bush was advised that U.S. intelligence found no credible connection linking the attacks to the regime of Saddam Hussein, or evidence suggesting linkage between Saddam and the al-Qaida terrorist network, according to a published report.

The report, published Tuesday in The National Journal, cites government records, as well as present and former officials with knowledge of the issue. The information in the story, written by National Journal contributor Murray Waas, points to an abiding administration concern for secrecy that extended to keeping information from the Senate committee charged with investigating the matter.

----

Yea, Hussein and AQ were diabolic partners in global crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    he was clearly overwhelmingly high on emotions.
    True, it's just that he's been such an inspiration to all of us.

Well, maybe not Clulup.
    I'm back!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast