Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728 LastLast
    The members of congress that have been briefed regularly are the House majority & minority intelligence committee heads & the senate majority & minority intelligence committee heads. That makes 4 people, 2 from each party. These people have changed over the last few years as comittee chairs have changed.

The calls in question are calls coming from al quieda in other countries into the US. These are international calls but technically, I believe one normally needs to have a supoena to listen in on any US phone no matter where the call comes from. The president is relying on the fact that, in war, he has the power to spy on domestic enemies. Just like FDR did with germans that were in the US. And just like Clinton did with Aldrich Ames in the late 1990's. Yes, clinton authorised the FBI to spy on Aldrich Ames, a CIA employee, without a warrant. And this was totally domestic, within the US.
    Clinton also authorised the NSA to eavesdrop on a white supremisist group in Oklahoma after the OK City bombing, looking to pick up any information on who did what...without a warrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    all the calls we listen to are international ...
    Scott McClellan made exactly this point yesterday.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Scott McClellan made exactly this point yesterday.
    He also made the point that he was going to get all the info for some reporters, relating to Abramoff, but that does not make it true now does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    He also made the point that he was going to get all the info for some reporters, relating to Abramoff, but that does not make it true now does it?

t2 said he hadn't heard the President make that claim - I simply said that the President's spokesman had indeed done exactly that.

If you think he was lying, you might at a bare minimum offer some evidence to support your claim...
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts

t2 said he hadn't heard the President make that claim - I simply said that the President's spokesman had indeed done exactly that.

If you think he was lying, you might at a bare minimum offer some evidence to support your claim...
    Here. http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/01/25.html#a6853
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I hope that is not where you get your news.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I hope that is not where you get your news.
    Cardio is that all you an say to that? It is right there in plain sight, a flip-flop.
    Bad link...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Cardio is that all you an say to that? It is right there in plain sight, a flip-flop.
    I must be missing what you are linking me to. All I can get are some blogs.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Bad link...
    Works for me. Does it not take you to a page where you can click on the video?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Works for me. Does it not take you to a page where you can click on the video?
    Yeah, I saw the comedy central video. I still hope that is not where you get your news.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Yeah, I saw the comedy central video. I still hope that is not where you get your news.
    So I guess that is all you can say. Typical, attack the messenger.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    NRG, I did not think you were serious when you used that as a cite to defend your position. It is clearly a comedy central sketch. Take two scenes from 2 completely different briefings and use them as one item? Sure in the sketch he said he would see how many staff level meetings JA was involved in, then at some other time he told reporters he did not discuss staff level meetings, telling someone that JA was at 3 meetings and discussing the agenda of the meetings are not the same.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    NRG, I did not think you were serious when you used that as a cite to defend your position. It is clearly a comedy central sketch. Take two scenes from 2 completely different briefings and use them as one item? Sure in the sketch he said he would see how many staff level meetings JA was involved in, then at some other time he told reporters he did not discuss staff level meetings, telling someone that JA was at 3 meetings and discussing the agenda of the meetings are not the same.
    I think this is heading a bit off topic of this thread. But just so you know he was there more than 3 times. He was on Bush's transition team.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I think this is heading a bit off topic of this thread. But just so you know he was there more than 3 times. He was on Bush's transition team.
    I just pulled a number out of the air, did not mean to speculate on how many times he was in a meeting. Still saying this person attended a meeting and providing minutes of the meetings are entirely different.
    Could this be more off topic??? Let's assume McClellan lied about Abramhof... whatthe he** des that have to do with the NSA surveillance program?
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Could this be more off topic??? Let's assume McClellan lied about Abramhof... whatthe he** des that have to do with the NSA surveillance program?
    Just making the point that you could not trust nor believe a Press Sec.. They are full of s**t, and that is their job.
    Just making the point that you could not trust nor believe a Press Sec.. They are full of s**t, and that is their job.
    McClellan is the official White House spokesman. t2 hadn't heard what he had to say about international calls. I pointed it out. Do you have anything relevant to add to the topic of this thread?
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    McClellan is the official White House spokesman. t2 hadn't heard what he had to say about international calls. I pointed it out. Do you have anything relevant to add to the topic of this thread?
    I have been trying to stay out this till hearings. But since ask, have you folks already discussed Dewine's bill to lower the threshold from probable cause to reasonable suspicion in 2002?
    I have been trying to stay out this till hearings. But since ask, have you folks already discussed Dewine's bill to lower the threshold from probable cause to reasonable suspicion in 2002?
    Nope. Please elaborate.