1.    #1  
    Location, location, location, right? I'm thinking I live in the scariest place in the country. I live in a city:

1. Next to a major earthquake zone due for a "big one" any time now;

2. Near swarms of "Mormon crickets" - which are the ugliest locust-creatures known to mankind;

3. Just east of Skull Valley, where the Goshute Indians are ready to bring in ultra hot nuclear waste;

4. Next to Dugway Proving Grounds where who knows what secret stuff is going on inside those fences (anyone seen the Stephen King movie, "The Stand"?)

5. Bordering the Tooele Army Depot, where they (no lie) blow up the U.S. Military's extra bombs once a week. I can see the small mushroom clouds and feel my windows shake with each explosion. Years ago, from what I hear, the explosions were a lot bigger.

6. Near Envirocare - your friendly neighborhood low level nuclear waste disposal facility.

and last, but not least,

7. Downwind from the Deseret Chemical Depot - the nation's disposal site for the deadliest chemical and nerve agents known to the world! (hey, I wonder what those big alarms are for which have been installed all over my county.... eh, probably nothing important)

My town RULES!!!!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Utah Rocks
    Does a dead junkie with the needle still in his arm for three days just outside my door because everybody thought he was asleep count?

NYC Rules!!!!!
    This is my tagline. There are many like it but this one is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer
    Does a dead junkie with the needle still in his arm for three days just outside my door because everybody thought he was asleep count?

NYC Rules!!!!!
    This just made me LOL (probably shouldn't but it did.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Nature herself, is all we have to contend with.....

I live between two volcanoes that both are estimated to blow again anytime within a week to 60 years. Three others are close by. If either of the closest two erupts, my house could be under as much as 20-60 feet of mud.

We live on a major fault line that is said to be over 120 years over due for a major earthquake.

We live along the Columbia river that if another Tsunami hits the mouth of the river (like it already did 300 years ago), has historically wiped out where our house now is built.

Nothing like the Great Northwest to keep you on your toes!
    I live where at least 1 major hurricane has hit pretty much dead on the past 3 years.

But the weather is pretty nice most of the time, there aren't many places where you can play golf or go to the beach year round.

I do want a white Christmas one of these years though.
    I'm back!
    hmmm.... ditto JMill
    whats up neighbor (Hollywood)
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc
    hmmm.... ditto JMill
    whats up neighbor (Hollywood)
    Hey, I grew up in the Pines!
    I'm back!
    I live in New Orleans. Now THAT'S scary. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer

NYC Rules!!!!!

Damn man, the worst I've seen in NYC aside from the "Naked Cowboy" in Times Square was fat guy in Battery Park sleeping in a way that his rear was showing...kinda freaked me out. Where in NYC are you?

Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I'd agree. Utah is pretty scary

...can't say I've been (or lived for that matter) in a scarier place than this...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    How about as a neighbor of Cindy Sheehan (before her family gave her the boot)
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"