Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Lara Logan is a CBS correspondent in Iraq and is one of the hardest working journalists I've seen over there in the past several months.
    And she's kinda cute. So what? Is she in jail? Being held at Gitmo? Being renditioneered?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I've always been told that offshoring is good for the economy and will make our companies stronger by reducing G&A.

So it's bad now?
    I thought it was "outsourcing?"
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    And she's kinda cute. So what? Is she in jail? Being held at Gitmo? Being renditioneered?
    Watching her husband play basketball in England should be punishment enuff.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    She's VERY cute!

Her name was in reply to 1911sforever's comment, "Journalists, or terrorist propaganda officers captured in Iraq?" I would assume anyone doing real reporting in Iraq instead of parroting the Admin's daily talking points would be considered a terrorist propaganda officer. Particularly for CBS news.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Why the personal attack?
    That's hardly an "attack".
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I thought it was "outsourcing?"
    Outsourcing....offshoring....it's all good.
    I'm back!
  7.    #67  
    She's VERY cute!

Her name was in reply to 1911sforever's comment, "Journalists, or terrorist propaganda officers captured in Iraq?" I would assume anyone doing real reporting in Iraq instead of parroting the Admin's daily talking points would be considered a terrorist propaganda officer. Particularly for CBS news.
    Oh! I thought you were responding with an example of one of the "journalists" we're holding in Iraq. My mistake.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Uh, because it is RICHLY deserved?
    Because he doesn't like the U.S. So we should attack someones intelligence instead of debate the issue? (I actually think he has stated that this isn't quite true.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Than you agree that it is 'kind of' an attack? And if so, what does it do for the debate?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Lara Logan is a CBS correspondent in Iraq and is one of the hardest working journalists I've seen over there in the past several months.
    I'm so glad you sent us her bio!

From the link you sent:

Her other 60 Minutes II reports include an interview with the King of Swaziland, who was being sued by the mother of a girl who was forced to become his 10th wife, and a report on legalized assisted suicide in Switzerland.
    So Clulup, let's discuss how your country has legalized murder. Or is that subject not anti-US enough for you to have an opinion? I guess it would only be murder if it was taking place in US hospices, since it's in the Land of Cheese, it serves a benevolent purpose, I'm sure.
    I'm back!
    I'm back!
    Hmm, given that the U.S. is number 6 on the list, maybe we shouldn't buy any U.S. made products for Christmas, either?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    ... since it's in the Land of Cheese, it serves a benevolent purpose, I'm sure.
    I dont mean to correct you, but I believe that it's offically called The Land of Cheese and Watches.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Than you agree that it is 'kind of' an attack? And if so, what does it do for the debate?
    No, I don't agree that it is a "kind of" attack either.

There is no debate. daThomas introduced a seemingly benign thread asking us to boycott Chinese goods because of an article he found. An interesting thread was developing until Clulup, characteristically, of course, started an anti-US diatribe about how we are no better than the Chinese because we've locked up terrorists and maybe (hopefully) beaten them silly for some answers. There is no debate that Clulup continually poisons threads with his anti-US remarks (but remember, he has NOTHING against the US, it's just that his version of Google only seems to point to extreme left wing sites) only to stir up as much animosity as possible.

So now what could've been an interesting debate about China and the US has turned into another Bush/Iraq/Republicans/CIA/renditions/Gitmo/Afghanistan flamewar, started by the Swiss flamethrower for his own personal amusement.

I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I dont mean to correct you, but I believe that it's offically called The Land of Cheese and Watches.
    I shortened that, for brevity's sake.

I'm back!
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Hmm, given that the U.S. is number 6 on the list, maybe we shouldn't buy any U.S. made products for Christmas, either?
    Guess you missed that in the thread already.
  18.    #78  
    daThomas introduced a seemingly benign thread asking us to boycott Chinese goods because of an article he found. An interesting thread was developing until Clulup, characteristically, of course, started an anti-US diatribe about how we are no better than the Chinese because we've locked up terrorists and maybe (hopefully) beaten them silly for some answers. There is no debate that Clulup continually poisons threads with his anti-US remarks (but remember, he has NOTHING against the US, it's just that his version of Google only seems to point to extreme left wing sites) only to stir up as much animosity as possible.

So now what could've been an interesting debate about China and the US has turned into another Bush/Iraq/Republicans/CIA/renditions/Gitmo/Afghanistan flamewar, started by the Swiss flamethrower for his own personal amusement.

I should point out that the original post article notes that the US moved into 6th position on that list, so US bashing is somewhat within scope.
    I should point out that the original post article notes that the US moved into 6th position on that list, so US bashing is somewhat within scope.
    When you're Clulup, it always seems to be within scope, even when the thread is debating the merits of Callfilter 1.13.

The title of the thread and the original post seemed to indicate that your mindset was not in that direction, so I'm not willing to give Clulup any lattitude there. You didn't bring up the fact that the US was #6 on the list, as a matter of fact, you implored us to buy US good in place of Chinese goods this 'heavy shopping season'.

He could've discussed #s 2-5 if he felt it wasn't appropriate to call out #1. Nor did he feel the need to discuss 7-10 either. It was a direct, blatant attack. There is no veil to hide behind.

I, for one, am tired of every single OT thread moving in that direction.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If you're going to seriously sit there and pretend that rendition is not torture, then this exchange is quite pointless.
    May I suggest Webster's collegiate edition. It is quite respected in regards to providing definitions. If you notice the words rendition and torture are quite different and when used they make statements mean entirely different things.

I asked for examples (factual) or incidents where the US Gov't tortured individuals and there have been none, just accusations and insinuations.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast