1.    #1  
    World Cup group draws were announced today.

USA did OK to be grouped with Italy, Ghana and Czech Republic. I think if they beat the Czech Republic they will get through with Italy. Ghana can be tough if they play well on the day.

My beloved Aussies got hammered being grouped with Brazil, Croatia and Japan.

It will be virtually impossible for Trinidad and Tobago to get through with England, Paraguay and Sweden in their group.
    Here are the groups. C looks tough. Not sure if the US can beat Italy.
    A
    Germany
    Costa Rica
    Poland
    Ecuador

B
    England
    Paraguay
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Sweden

C
    Argentina
    Ivory Coast
    Serbia & Montengro
    Netherlands

D
    Mexico
    Iran
    Angola
    Portugal

E
    Italy
    Ghana
    USA
    Czech Republic

F
    Brazil
    Croatia
    Australia
    Japan

G
    France
    Switzerland
    Korea Republic
    Togo

H
    Spain
    Ukraine
    Tunisia
    Saudi Arabia
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Soccer sucks.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Here are the groups. C looks tough. Not sure if the US can beat Italy.
    It doesn't need to. Hopefully USA will be runners-up in the group and get through the next stage. If Italy dominates the group and the USA get a win and a draw, it should be enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Soccer sucks.
    People that say "Soccer sucks" suck

Al
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    World Cup group draws were announced today.
    USA did OK to be grouped with Italy, Ghana and Czech Republic. I think if they beat the Czech Republic they will get through with Italy. Ghana can be tough if they play well on the day.
    Actually, I think this is the "Group of Death": Ghana have been playing very well, Italy always has style but typically are unable to put themselves into a definitive lead position, CR are a serious force as always and no one is more scientific and hard-working than the US. I think this is one group that can go anyway... I won't want to predict this group...

My beloved Aussies got hammered being grouped with Brazil, Croatia and Japan.
    Yes, but it would make for most entertaining games won't it?

It will be virtually impossible for Trinidad and Tobago to get through with England, Paraguay and Sweden in their group.
    Sad but true . But with most of our international footballers playing in the UK, and with Leo as our coach, I think we might just do better than we think (I hope)... Leo still has 6 months with our team...

At least we are not grouped with Argentina and the Netherlands....

Now I'm off to find the best prepaid GSM SIM in Germany for my trip!
    And I'm anxious for the PalmOS world cup apps, preferably with wireless updates and the ability to manipulate various scenarios...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Touche

Just expressing my opinion on a 'game' that people jog, kick a ball, don't score much if at all, roll around on the ground (like they're dying) on suspect injuries, etc. Horrible 'game'.

Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    People that say "Soccer sucks" suck

Al
    Touche

Just expressing my opinion on a 'game' that people jog, kick a ball, don't score much if at all, roll around on the ground (like they're dying) on suspect injuries, etc. Horrible 'game'.
    How you ever thought why soccer is the most popular sport in world? You might be missing something then. I understand you don't like soccer, but I don't think the post is about how many people think soccer sucks. So shut up..!!!

Al
    O/T, just stating an opinion. However, I've expressed it. Enjoy the boring sport of all time. Yawn. Back to the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    How you ever thought why soccer is the most popular sport in world? You might be missing something then. I understand you don't like soccer, but I don't think the post is about how many people think soccer sucks. So shut up..!!!

Al
    @Advance the man

Soccer - is not a game... it a way of life, its a panacea, it is the opiate of the masses. In this game, we do not watch - we worship. The stadium is the alter, the players are our gods - this is our religion. We laugh, we cry, we kill and maime, and we heal over futball, this - this is not a game.

Its hard to explain to someone who has not experienced life outside the states... almost impossible even. Maybe the rest of the world is insane, or maybe not. To me and billions others, soccer/football whatever you want to call it is and always be the greatest expereince ever.

viva la futball!!

Now that is a post! You almost got me pumped up enough to go to the local YMCA fields! Enjoy the World Cup!

Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    @Advance the man

Soccer - is not a game... it a way of life, its a panacea, it is the opiate of the masses. In this game, we do not watch - we worship. The stadium is the alter, the players are our gods - this is our religion. We laugh, we cry, we kill and maime, and we heal over futball, this - this is not a game.

Its hard to explain to someone who has not experienced life outside the states... almost impossible even. Maybe the rest of the world is insane, or maybe not. To me and billions others, soccer/football whatever you want to call it is and always be the greatest expereince ever.

viva la futball!!

12.    #12  
    Now that is a post! You almost got me pumped up enough to go to the local YMCA fields! Enjoy the World Cup!
    Liberal and soccer fan bashing. Nice
    Not sure how you equated liberal bashing...enjoy the world cup.
    @Advance the man

viva la futball!!

This sounds remotely familiar......

In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.
    In the West, it is a tourist attraction
    In the Midwest, it is a form of cannibalism.

But in the south, college football is a religion, and its holy day is Saturday.

We should destroy every one of those other teams 70-0, they don't play football very well outside of the States.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    This sounds remotely familiar......

In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.
    In the West, it is a tourist attraction
    In the Midwest, it is a form of cannibalism.

But in the south, college football is a religion, and its holy day is Saturday.

We should destroy every one of those other teams 70-0, they don't play football very well outside of the States.
    lol....Then perhaps in the end we are all chanting, shirtless, face painting brothers. Our symptoms maybe different but we all suffer from the same madness. Nothing like the thrill of a good game mate.
    lol....Then perhaps in the end we are all chanting, shirtless, face painting brothers. Our symptoms maybe different but we all suffer from the same madness. Nothing like the thrill of a good game mate.
    Anything where the goal before, during, or after the game is to drink a lot of beer.....
    I'm back!