Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Hmmm...
    Saddam's Terror Training Camps
    by Stephen F. Hayes
    01/16/2006, Volume 011, Issue 17
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...6/550kmbzd.asp

THE FORMER IRAQI REGIME OF Saddam Hussein trained thousands of radical Islamic terrorists from the region at camps in Iraq over the four years immediately preceding the U.S. invasion, according to documents and photographs recovered by the U.S. military in postwar Iraq. The existence and character of these documents has been confirmed to THE WEEKLY STANDARD by eleven U.S. government officials.
    The secret training took place primarily at three camps--in Samarra, Ramadi, and Salman Pak--and was directed by elite Iraqi military units. Interviews by U.S. government interrogators with Iraqi regime officials and military leaders corroborate the documentary evidence. Many of the fighters were drawn from terrorist groups in northern Africa with close ties to al Qaeda...
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    You ever wonder what the goal is for Al Qaeda? This is a quote from Zarqawi...

"...install sharia (Islamic law) on the entire Earth and spread Islamic justice there (...). The attacks will not cease until after the victory of Islam and the setting up of sharia,..."

link

So bailing on Iraq won't satisfy him. Only complete domination forcing of Islam ("Religion of Peace") will stop the violence.
    Here's a Wall Street Journal editorial about Saddam's terrorism ties:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110007809

Excerpt:
    But if we've learned nothing else about U.S. intelligence in the last four years, it is that its "consensus" views are often wrong. The 9/11 Commission has confirmed extensive communication between Saddam's regime and al Qaeda over the years, including sanctuary for the current insurgent leader in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. We have also learned that in the years leading up to his ouster Saddam had implemented a "faith campaign" to use fundamentalist Islam as a tool of internal control. Especially if U.S. troops are going to remain to help the new Iraq government defeat the terrorists, we should want to know everything we can about them.

And the American people should know too. For three years now, opponents of the war in Congress and the bureaucracy have cherry-picked intelligence details and leaked them to influence public opinion. The Bush Administration until recently has been remarkably reluctant to fight back. Telling truths about Saddam that are revealed by his own documents is part of that fight.
    And a briefing by Brig. Gen. Vincent Brooks from 2003 about what the Marines found at Salman Pak:

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0304/06/se.01.html

Excerpt:
    This raid occurred in response to information that had been gained by coalition forces from some foreign fighters we encountered from other countries, not Iraq. And we believe that this camp had been used to train these foreign fighters in terror tactics. It is now destroyed....

With regard to Salman Pak, that's just one of a number of examples we found where there's training activity happening inside of Iraq. It reinforces the likelihood of links between this regime and external terrorist organizations.

Clear links with common interests. Some of these fighters came from Sudan, some from Egypt, some from other places. We have killed a number of them and we have captured a number of them. That's where the information came from....

The -- there are a number of nations that were involved. I don't know all of them. I know that we had some from Egypt, some from Sudan, in people that we captured. And that was before the raid -- that gave us information about the raid....

The nature of the work being done by some of those people that we captured, their inferences to the type of training they received -- all these things give us the impression that there is terrorist training that was conducted at Salman Pak.... All of that, when you roll it together, their reports where they're from, why they might be here, tell us that there is still a linkage clearly between this regime and terrorism....
    You can stick a fork in this thread. It's done.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    You can stick a fork in this thread. It's done.
    Not yet NRG still hasn't responded to :

Quote Originally Posted by NRG on 12/09/05
    I would like you 2 to consider this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal on 12/10/2005
    NRG....as you requested, I hope I did okay in my answers in considering your points that you referenced and how they were related to the situation at the time that they happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal on 12/15/2005
    NRG...as you requested I spent some time researching each of the points you wanted me to. I am curious about your thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal on 12/29/2005
    NRG.....you wanted me to consider your list of points you brought up. I researched each one and replied to them above. I am still interested in your thoughts on my research and responses on the points that you apparently thought were proof that Bush lied.

I addressed them in post numbers:

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal on 1/08/2006
    NRG....It has been a month and 4 requests of asking your opinion of my responses to your request.

I guess you either didn't agree to the point that you did not want to answer.......

You agreed, so no need to answer.

Didn't really care about my opinion that you asked for and I took the time to answer.

Or.....I would rather just chalk it up to something as simply as a heavy vacation time of the year and didn't see any of the other 4 posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Not yet NRG still hasn't responded...
    OK.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345