Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    There is nothing bitter about my view of the US. To the contrary, I am sad and worried about what that hillbilly person did to the US in the past few years.

    The current administration is the problem, not the US (or their inhabitants) as such. That's a view that is very nicely expressed in the survey above. The favourable opinions were clearly in the majority prior to Bush junior, they went down the drain because of him and the policies of his administration.
    Tell him what he won, Johnny.....

    Well behaved women rarely make history
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I guess this has a lot to do with a US-centric world view. You grow up with Hollywood Word War II movies and you believe Hitler lost the war on D-Day in the Normandie, while in fact he lost it in Russia, thanks to the sacrifice of millions of Russian lives.
    That's debatable. What's not debatable is that the Swiss did nothing significant to help defeat Hitler and save Europe from itself (again).
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  3. #23  
    What a fascinating, and oh so typical thread.

    I wonder....lets say this thread was started by someone else. And lets say that someone else replaced the Government of debate with....oh...FRANCE for instance. How long would it take before some trigger-happy biased Moderator would slap the lock on it?

    I think there have been a few threads about France, that have been locked. Phurth starts a totally harmless thread about funny .eu domain names, and guess what? SURPRISE, they get locked. (phurths thread being locked was the ultimate in assinine moderation, btw.)

    Oh but wait, when a certain European poster starts a thread with a negative view of the US Government, or it's actions, SURPRISE, not a peep is heard from that same Moderator.

    Funny how this works. Not only are the posters in these threads predictable, but so are some moderators here.

    ****ing unbelievable how the OT forum has so deteriotated.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    What a fascinating, and oh so typical thread.

    I wonder....lets say this thread was started by someone else. And lets say that someone else replaced the Government of debate with....oh...FRANCE for instance. How long would it take before some trigger-happy biased Moderator would slap the lock on it?

    I think there have been a few threads about France, that have been locked. Phurth starts a totally harmless thread about funny .eu domain names, and guess what? SURPRISE, they get locked. (phurths thread being locked was the ultimate in assinine moderation, btw.)

    Oh but wait, when a certain European poster starts a thread with a negative view of the US Government, or it's actions, SURPRISE, not a peep is heard from that same Moderator.

    Funny how this works. Not only are the posters in these threads predictable, but so are some moderators here.

    ****ing unbelievable how the OT forum has so deteriotated.
    Right On. I wanted to reply to Phurth with SCREW.EU, but the thread was closed.
  5. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #25  
    he speaks the truth! right on the money, insertion.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    How many of those polled realize that the (varying levels) of freedom they now enjoy is due in large part to the "big stick" the US has wielded for the past several decades?
    Not nearly enough, including our Swiss and British friends. Both of which would be speaking German and eating sauerkraut right now if it wasn't for our "big stick".

    But hey, that was sooooo long ago, no reason to bring up the past, right?
    I'm back!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I guess this has a lot to do with a US-centric world view. You grow up with Hollywood Word War II movies and you believe Hitler lost the war on D-Day in the Normandie, while in fact he lost it in Russia, thanks to the sacrifice of millions of Russian lives.
    Which wouldn't have been possible without Hitler having to fight wars on two fronts instead of one. Which wouldn't have happened without Normandy. He had already marched clear to the English Channel. It was only a matter of time before Britain fell. Once he lost the beaches in France it became necessary to fight there again, which kept him from focusing on Russia.

    Blame the Japanese for attacking and poking the bear, but don't rewrite history. In this country we tend to remember the sacrificies others have made for us. If Europe is unable to do that, have some schnitzel for dinner every night for the next month.
    I'm back!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    What a fascinating, and oh so typical thread.

    I wonder....lets say this thread was started by someone else. And lets say that someone else replaced the Government of debate with....oh...FRANCE for instance. How long would it take before some trigger-happy biased Moderator would slap the lock on it?

    I think there have been a few threads about France, that have been locked. Phurth starts a totally harmless thread about funny .eu domain names, and guess what? SURPRISE, they get locked. (phurths thread being locked was the ultimate in assinine moderation, btw.)

    Oh but wait, when a certain European poster starts a thread with a negative view of the US Government, or it's actions, SURPRISE, not a peep is heard from that same Moderator.

    Funny how this works. Not only are the posters in these threads predictable, but so are some moderators here.

    ****ing unbelievable how the OT forum has so deteriotated.
    Really? There are mods in here that show bias towards threads they like/don't like???

    How can that happen?

    Can we allow this to continue?
    I'm back!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    That's debatable. What's not debatable is that the Swiss did nothing significant to help defeat Hitler and save Europe from itself (again).
    I respectfully disagree. What is really not debatable is that Switzerland enabled the Nazi regime with war material, and held Americans prisoner in inhumane circumstances.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    That's debatable. What's not debatable is that the Swiss did nothing significant to help defeat Hitler and save Europe from itself (again).
    SSHHHH! If you don't have something nice to say about Europe...
  11. #31  
    Ahh, back to namecalling. I love how American liberals now a mis-informed Euro underestimates the 'hillbilly president'.

    Truly this thread needs to be closed. I started a FRANCE THREAD that was closed because it was "it became another mudslinging french bashing thread.." Well this thread and it's poster consistently bashes USA. I would like this thread to be CLOSED.

    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    There is nothing bitter about my view of the US. To the contrary, I am sad and worried about what that hillbilly person did to the US in the past few years.

    The current administration is the problem, not the US (or their inhabitants) as such. That's a view that is very nicely expressed in the survey above. The favourable opinions were clearly in the majority prior to Bush junior, they went down the drain because of him and the policies of his administration.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I think there have been a few threads about France, that have been locked. Phurth starts a totally harmless thread about funny .eu domain names, and guess what? SURPRISE, they get locked. (phurths thread being locked was the ultimate in assinine moderation, btw.)

    Oh but wait, when a certain European poster starts a thread with a negative view of the US Government, or it's actions, SURPRISE, not a peep is heard from that same Moderator.
    Come on, Insertion, I am sure you can tell the difference between a thread in which plain, undisputed facts are stated and others are invited to share their thoughts (like this one), and a thread with the sole purpose of denigrating others in a silly way (by writing extremely intelligent things like "SCREW.EU", as suggested by Cardio).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Come on, Insertion, I am sure you can tell the difference between a thread in which plain, undisputed facts are stated and others are invited to share their thoughts (like this one), and a thread with the sole purpose of denigrating others in a silly way (by writing extremely intelligent things like "SCREW.EU", as suggested by Cardio).
    You're right. SCREW.EU is FAR more denigrating than "hillbilly person".

    Toolkit couldn't possibly allow that to continue. Imagine where that might have gone.
    I'm back!
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Well this thread and it's poster consistently bashes USA. I would like this thread to be CLOSED.
    Where did I bash the US? I called the CIA incompetent because they kidnapped an innocent man based on the false assumption that his passport was fake, and kept him in a prison in Afghanistan without trial for four months. That's a fact, and not even disputed by the Bush admin. I also called it tragic and pathetic. That's my opinion, feel free to disagree and defend the action of the CIA in this case. After all, they spend your taxpayer's money.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    You're right. SCREW.EU is FAR more denigrating than "hillbilly person".
    Glad you agree.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  16. #36  
    Had you actually kept your topic on the CIA I would agree with you. You didn't, instead attacked USA and our President. I feel you are too bitter to post in a political thread. Your hatred of USA is evident from not only this thread but many others. This particular thread needs to be CLOSED.

    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Where did I bash the US? I called the CIA incompetent because they kidnapped an innocent man based on the false assumption that his passport was fake, and kept him in a prison in Afghanistan without trial for four months. That's a fact, and not even disputed by the Bush admin. I also called it tragic and pathetic. That's my opinion, feel free to disagree and defend the action of the CIA in this case. After all, they spend your taxpayer's money.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Where did I bash the US?
    You've no more bashed the US than anyone else had the French in the refererrenced France thread. Yet that thread was closed for France bashing. That is the point being made.

    Also the .eu thread was a GAME not a call for intelligent comment.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    You've no more bashed the US than anyone else had the French
    I don't bash, I quote. You don't like the facts? Bad luck, but that doesn't make it bashing.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    You didn't, instead attacked USA and our President.
    Fine, maybe I should not have called him hillbilly, even if that is how he is perceived outside of the US. I guess I should have written something like "the person who, according to the majority of US citizens, was dishonest about the reasons for starting the war, made an error in starting it, and handled the war badly".

    I feel you are too bitter to post in a political thread. Your hatred of USA is evident from not only this thread but many others. This particular thread needs to be CLOSED.
    I don't hate the US in the least, why should I? I think the current US authorities handle quite a lot of things in bad way (war in Iraq, "renditions", human rights), but that's just what the majority of Americans think, too.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I don't bash, I quote. You don't like the facts? Bad luck, but that doesn't make it bashing.
    Hello? I'm saying you're not bashing the US. Also no one was bashing the French before. That was my point.

    Calling the president a hillbilly is a stupid, mindless bit of name calling, however. I think you don't know what it means.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions