1.    #1  
    My original post was eliminated somehow asking if anyone had tried this new product/service from MS. At the time I had questioned whether OneCare scans incoming/outgoing emails and apparently it does.

I'll reply to my own question. I just received the answer below from a Windows OneCare tech rep which indicates it scans emails & attachments:

"Thank you for contacting Windows OneCare Live Beta Support. My name is Rebecca and I will be assisting you with this issue.

From your description, I understand that you would like to know if Windows OneCare scans the outgoing and incoming emails in Outlook Express as well as the attachments. If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

I would like to let you know that Windows OneCare will scan the emails on the background when we send or receive them. In addition, if attachments are included in an email, Windows OneCare will also scan them. This will ensure all the emails are protected.

At this point, if anything is unclear or you have further questions, please feel free to let me know. I will follow up with you as soon as possible.

We welcome any feedback you may have regarding Windows OneCare Support. I would be glad to forward these comments to the management team for future consideration.

Thank you for participating in the Windows OneCare Beta. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Rebecca
    v-30reli@mssupport.microsoft.com
    Support Engineer
    Windows OneCare Live Beta Technical Support
    For Self-help information, please visit the Windows OneCare Help Center:

http://beta.windowsonecare.com/support/"
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 12/24/2005 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Added Link
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Interesting set of internet stuff.
  3.    #3  
    I've used this now for a month and it seems to work OK. One drawback, is that each time it performs a Tune Up, without analyzing whether it needs a Defrag, it performs it anyway. My concern is that I'm been told by some that performing a Defrag too often is not good and unfortuately, the max length of time between tune ups is four weeks. I think they need to allow you to determine the auto Defrag separately.

Anyone else try OneCare and any thoughts.

BTW the link to get it is www.onecare.com
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover