Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I guess the title says it all... it's my sister's 3rd Gen iPod that she went jogging with (d'oh!) and the hard drive is now damaged... it's skipping all over the place (songs are, like a scrached CD).

So do I try to replace the Hard drive (and possably the battery while i'm under the hood) or do I tell my sister to go get a new nano and go jogging with that guy.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I'd go for the nano unless you can get a really good price on the HDD and battery.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Upgrade to the video ipod. (about time they had video codecs)
    Video for jogging?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Video for jogging?
    I told her about the Nano but she doesn't want to go from 20 gb to 2gb. and she cannot afford the 4gb (we are talking about a school teacher here after all). So now i'm trying to hunt down a battery ($30 ish) and a hard drive. if the parts are $150 or lower she'll do that. else, she'll just have to save for a nano.

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Video for jogging?
    Doesn't state she just uses it for jogging. I believe jogging is mentioned to explain the damaged HD.
    I know you drink koolaid during the polictical threads, now I know you drink it during all threads. You couldn't put 1+1 together and figure out she jogs with the iPod? jeez!

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Doesn't state she just uses it for jogging. I believe jogging is mentioned to explain the damaged HD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I know you drink koolaid during the polictical threads, now I know you drink it during all threads. You couldn't put 1+1 together and figure out she jogs with the iPod? jeez!
    Seriously, I don't read this as "Uses an iPod when she jogs" therefore why not have the video capability when not jogging?

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Seriously, I don't read this as "Uses an iPod when she jogs" therefore why not have the video capability when not jogging?

DaT and ATM, are you two married? Your posts sure remind me of an old married couple, kinda like Archie and Edith Bunker, or the parents on Raymond.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    DaT and ATM, are you two married? Your posts sure remind me of an old married couple, kinda like Archie and Edith Bunker, or the parents on Raymond.

I refuse to make an 'honest girl' out of him.
    Looking at dat's pix we all know who the queen is!
    Upgrade. I went from a 3G to the new 5G and I'm very happy. My battery was toast on the 3G so that was the main reason I upgraded, along with the smaller size. I didn't think I'd use the video so that wasn't factored into the equation. Turns out there are a lot of free video podcasts that interest me so I'm using the video much more then I thought I would.
    Looking at dat's pix we all know who the queen is!
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I thought you were the lady in the front row applauding?

(and that's 'metro-sexual' to you!)
    Seriously, you need a new pix even if you're trying to portray yourself as a metrosexual. Your pix is a bit, well let's say 'soft'.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I thought you were the lady in the front row applauding?

(and that's 'metro-sexual' to you!)
    You likely have tried but be sure to reset the ipod before calling it dead.
    Seriously, you need a new pix even if you're trying to portray yourself as a metrosexual. Your pix is a bit, well let's say 'soft'.
    Ouch!

Fine, how's that?
    For jogging I use an iPod Shuffle. I load it with just the songs I'm gonna want to listen to that day and I'm off. How many songs do you need to go jogging? 2 hours worth? For $129 you get the 1 GB model, holds about 240 songs, and it's flash-based so no skipping like with a hard drive model. If you're gonna run for more than 240 songs, I'm betting you won't even notice when the Shuffle starts to repeat the songs you've already heard because you'll be in some kind of a trance.
  18.    #18  
    She doesn't like the shuffle b.c of it's lack of a display. She is deaf and now has a coclear implant that allows her to listen to music, and it helps a ton if she has a screen so that she can identify what song is playing.

So i'm goin to tell her to spring for a new nano, 2gb style. $200 is not that much, and she can sell her old Ipod for parts.

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    The coclear is a miracle. My 4 year old niece had one installed when she was two and you would never know she is deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    She is deaf and now has a coclear implant that allows her to listen to music, and it helps a ton if she has a screen so that she can identify what song is playing.Timmay
  20.    #20  
    My sister had it done when she was 28. But the first day she had it turned on, we were walking up the stairs to her car, she stopped and asked what that sound was. I said what sounds? She had never heard foot steps going up stairs b4. I was amazed.

Since then she has gain a great deal of her hearing back, but the battery life on those implants is worst then the Treo 180... and they are about $200 a pop!

on another note, it's interesting that your niece got this implant so young. There has been a great deal of talk about this implant killing the Deaf community and Deaf culture. It's great that ppl like my sister can have the choice of this implant, but what choice does as small child have that has this opperation and then grows up hearing with assistance instead of growing up deaf and having a choice.

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast