Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just got my husband a 20 gb photo Ipod for an anniversary present on E-bay a few weeks ago. Ended up spening $130.00 for a "like new" Ipod (with warranty) and he absoultely loves it!

Did not like the lightness of the Nano, although lots of people love them, did read that they scratch easily.

P.S. Reminds me that I need to download some family pics.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    She just got shut down via the insurance company on having a second one for her other ear. Terrific story about your sister, I can't imagine what that would be like to hear after never hearing a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    My sister had it done when she was 28. But the first day she had it turned on, we were walking up the stairs to her car, she stopped and asked what that sound was. I said what sounds? She had never heard foot steps going up stairs b4. I was amazed.

Since then she has gain a great deal of her hearing back, but the battery life on those implants is worst then the Treo 180... and they are about $200 a pop!

on another note, it's interesting that your niece got this implant so young. There has been a great deal of talk about this implant killing the Deaf community and Deaf culture. It's great that ppl like my sister can have the choice of this implant, but what choice does as small child have that has this opperation and then grows up hearing with assistance instead of growing up deaf and having a choice.

Timmay
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    She just got shut down via the insurance company on having a second one for her other ear. Terrific story about your sister, I can't imagine what that would be like to hear after never hearing a thing.
    It's not suprizing that they wouldn't do both of her ear's. My sister only has one. They do this because whey they put the inplant in, they destroy all natural hearing ablities. If one surgery fails or the implant is unresponcive, the person still has on "good" ear that can use a hearing aid of some sort.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12