1.    #1  
    "FBI agents raided the Washington and New Orleans homes of Rep. William J. Jefferson (D-La.) yesterday as part of an ongoing public corruption probe, law enforcement authorities said.

Agents conducted early-morning raids at Jefferson's homes in the 1300 block of F Street in Northeast Washington and in the 1900 block of Marengo Street in New Orleans, authorities said. His car on Capitol Hill was also searched."

"Sources familiar with the probe, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the case, said investigators were looking to see whether Jefferson used his congressional influence in business dealings."

Read the whole thing...it's a family affair!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...080301914.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    "FBI agents raided the Washington and New Orleans homes of Rep. William J. Jefferson (D-La.) yesterday as part of an ongoing public corruption probe, law enforcement authorities said.

Agents conducted early-morning raids at Jefferson's homes in the 1300 block of F Street in Northeast Washington and in the 1900 block of Marengo Street in New Orleans, authorities said. His car on Capitol Hill was also searched."

"Sources familiar with the probe, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the case, said investigators were looking to see whether Jefferson used his congressional influence in business dealings."

Read the whole thing...it's a family affair!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...080301914.html
    EXCELLENT! Let's root out all the corruption we can!
  3.    #3  
    Yes. I want these people totally accountable and punished to the fullest extent.

But I don't want politics made illegal, which is what is happening to Delay.
    Yes. I want these people totally accountable and punished to the fullest extent.

But I don't want politics made illegal, which is what is happening to Delay.
    I wouldn't be too quick to defend him. I think the lid is about to come off his illegal mess.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Switching from my earlier view, I think term limits would keep people like bill jefferson and duke cunningham from becoming too cozy with the system and the lobbyists.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Switching from my earlier view, I think term limits would keep people like bill jefferson and duke cunningham from becoming too cozy with the system and the lobbyists.
    Agreed! Term limits were a great idea that were abandoned by most who espoused them as soon as they were elected to their first terms...
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Agreed! Term limits were a great idea that were abandoned by most who espoused them as soon as they were elected to their first terms...
    What went wrong with this country, by Me.

1) Politics became a profession.
    2) Taxes became a means of transferring wealth.
    3) Success at politics became measured by how much wealth was transferrd back to your constituents.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    What went wrong with this country, by Me.

1) Politics became a profession.
    2) Taxes became a means of transferring wealth.
    3) Success at politics became measured by how much wealth was transferrd back to your constituents.
    Welcome to UCIA.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I can't imagine what would've happened if George Washington did that when he was elected president.
    Demcrats, fn amazing, they're all crooks!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Demcrats, fn amazing, they're all crooks!
    Suppose that's true, then John Murtha is a crook. How is someone like john murtha a crook?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Suppose that's true, then John Murtha is a crook. How is someone like john murtha a crook?

By portraying himself as a hawk when he's been against the war since AT LEAST May of 2004.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    By portraying himself as a hawk when he's been against the war since AT LEAST May of 2004.
    He did support the war. He just didn't like the way it's going and suggested a different course of action. What's wrong with an open discussion?
    That would just make him a liar (misrepresenting), but not a crook.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Democrats, fn amazing, they're all crooks!
    ATM, I guess you have not seen my GOP list. I propose to all you righties to come up with a list, that, compares to the my list. If you can then I will accept your statement above, But as it stands right now you are blowing hot air.

P.S. Wasn't this the guy(Jefferson) who used the NG as a moving service? He should be forced to pay the government what it cost them to get those NGs to his house, fuel, the whole kit and kabbodle. I would be even willing to see hourly rates to apply. We will watch him turn into a real "conservative" overnight.
    Last edited by NRG; 12/01/2005 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Grammar
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Who is the biggest hawk the dems got besides McCain?
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Isn't this when the justification(WMD) for the war was being proven to to be false? We may still find the "weapons of mass destruction". But it is evident that Rumsfeld was lying when he said he knew where the "WMDs" were. What was his quote:?

OH There are quite a few! Shall we look at them?
    In the lead-up to the U.S. invasion of Iraq, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said U.S. forces would be welcomed by the Iraqi citizenry and that Saddam Hussein had large stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons.

On March 30, 11 days into the war, Rumsfeld said in an ABC News interview when asked about WMDs: "We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat."

Source: Rumsfeld again

There is no question but that they would be welcomed," Rumsfeld replied, referring to American forces. "Go back to Afghanistan, the people were in the streets playing music, cheering, flying kites, and doing all the things that the Taliban and the al-Qaeda would not let them do."
    This was true, till we decided to stay, longer, than we are welcome.

What is the first sign of a problem? Denial?

"Before the war in Iraq, you stated the case very eloquently and you said . . . they would welcome us with open arms," Sinclair Broadcasting anchor Morris Jones said to Rumsfeld as the prelude to a question.

The defense chief quickly cut him off.
    "Never said that," he said. "Never did. You may remember it well, but you're thinking of somebody else. You can't find, anywhere, me saying anything like either of those two things you just said I said."
    True Rumsfeld never said "open arms" bu he is playing semantics here. Parsing words if you will. He gave us the opinion that it would be a cake walk and the population of Iraq was going to walk with us. This I guess has turned out to be a fallacy due to the the fact that 80% of the insurgents are Iraqis and 45% feel it is OK to take an American soldiers life cause.............../????? Murtha's plan makes more and more sense if you read it instead of taking what you hear. Read it a little more in depth than what you have heard, or I assuming you have been told. I bet you might see that we are just moving our troops out of sight yet they are there in the form of a 'Rumsfeld's Army'(Quick, Mobile, Light, Technologicaly advanced, just down straight bad ***!!. Does the plan not strike you that way?
    Last edited by NRG; 12/01/2005 at 04:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Who is the biggest hawk the dems got besides McCain?
    You know McCain is a Republican, right?
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Isn't this when the justification(WMD) for the war was being proven to to be false?
    WMD was one of many justifications given. It's obvious why opponents have such a single-minded focus on this one justification - it is an easy bludgeon with which to beat the administration and gain political advantage.

We have not yet determined what has happened to the stocks of WMD materials Iraq was never able to account for. I'd like to think people would be interested in figuring this out - but that would mean having to give up the bludgeon.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You know McCain is a Republican, right?
    Yeah I am aware. Just being snide.